Author Topic: why do the original dingoo team claim that the A330 is a "knock off"?  (Read 29241 times)

10basetom

• tohodo.com
I'm working on a review right now folks, patience :P

Either sh*t or fresh strawberry funnel cake is about to hit the fan. Oh yeah, can't wait...  :D

darfgarf

Either sh*t or fresh strawberry funnel cake is about to hit the fan. Oh yeah, can't wait...  :D
or the 3rd option, a fresh shit funnel cake

omgmog

• * Administrator
  • Doesn't sleep.
    • omgmog.net
As delicious as that sounds..  ::)

ddragoonss

I guess he means Dingoo Digital holds the rights to the name, and the real company migrated.

If the "real company migrated", why the "false company"(shenzhen dingoo) still keeping selling the same dingoo with the same quality while the hk ones sells 450Mah batteries and products with firmware and other problems? Just coincidence?

The shenzhen dingoo still exist, they(whatever they are) are using other company name and PRODUCING THE SAME PRODUCT WITHOUT ANY LICENSING WHILE the original company still produces your original product.
If it's is not copy, cloning, steal and pirating, I don't know how to name it.

I don't want enter in a discussion if pirating, cloning and cheap-copying is wrong, but they are fake producers, or """Dingoo Technology Product" is fake dingoo maker"" as a chinglish guy said to me.

10basetom

• tohodo.com
I don't want enter in a discussion if pirating, cloning and cheap-copying is wrong, but they are fake producers, or """Dingoo Technology Product" is fake dingoo maker"" as a chinglish guy said to me.

Umm you should take the terms "fake" "real" "licensed" "copyrighted" "trademarked" "official" etc. with a BIG grain of salt if it comes out of China (and other countries where the laws are lax). These concepts are malleable at best, downright deceitful at worst.

A "real" product can might as well be fake, and vice versa. I've been to China and now live in her neighbor Vietnam, and I can tell you that you can go into a name brand electronics store in Saigon and walk out with an HP laptop that is very real outside (and the laptop chassis may be genuine HP), but with internal components that are inferior to what you get if you were to buy the same laptop from a Best Buy in the US (because it's common for name brand electronics to be gutted by greedy middlemen out to make a quick buck). You never really know what you're gonna get until you buy it and open it yourself. As Forrest Gump would say, "buying computers in Vietnam is like opening a box of chocolates." This is the reason why so many people here prefer to import their brand name electronics from a Western country where the electronics are more legit. (Side note: Just the other day a Vietnamese local showed me his Nokia mobile phone. To my eyes it looked just like a real Nokia phone, and in fact it was using a real Nokia shell. However, one look at the OS and I can tell that it was a cheap knock-off: the OS wasn't Symbian, it was an unpolished, slow, poor imitation of Symbian.)

I'm pretty sure it's the same in China. So you can Dingoo-Tech this and Dingoo-Suck that, but at the end of the day you should really ask yourself the most basic question first: does my Dingoo make me smile? It doesn't matter where it comes from, and you may not even want to know (it's like asking your newly wed wife what men she's slept with on the first day of your honeymoon).

Sorry, it's late here and I have been drinking too much cold medicine.

why the "false company"(shenzhen dingoo) still keeping selling the same dingoo with the same quality
How do you know it's the same quality?

while the hk ones sells 450Mah batteries and products with firmware and other problems? Just coincidence?
Why do you keep assuming that HKs are low quality and messed up? I own an HK, and none of that is true. Besides, Dingoo Tech still sells the original non-HK Dingoo too, don't they? Isn't that what D-D-USA has been selling this whole time? So obviously they are NOT fake/defective/lesser units. The ones out today are just as good as the originals, and they are still coming from Dingoo Tech, the REAL company.

And it seems Dingoo Tech is the more competent of the two. They had the skill and resources to release two more console models besides the A320 so far.

D-D-USA claims he has been dealing with the same company he has always been dealing with since day one. If that's true, Dingoo Tech MUST be the original company, the true minds behind the A320. If you still insist that Shenzen Dingoo Digital are the real ones, you are either accusing D-D-USA of purposefully deceiving people, or are implying that he himself was somehow deceived, and is now dealing with impostures that sell bad dingoos. Is that about right?

D-D-USA, how closely do you work with the Dingoo people? Is there any possible way what-so-ever that you are now working with the "fake" ones? If it's impossible, how so?

Sigh. I'm done.

Just as long as it does what's said in the item description, I don't care who made it.

Still eagerly awaiting A330 reviews.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 10:46:03 pm by Jesse »

ddragoonss

I don't want enter in a discussion if pirating, cloning and cheap-copying is wrong
So you can Dingoo-Tech this and Dingoo-Suck that, but at the end of the day you should really ask yourself the most basic question first: does my Dingoo make me smile? It doesn't matter where it comes from, and you may not even want to know (it's like asking your newly wed wife what men she's slept with on the first day of your honeymoon).

As I said, the discussion if you do worry or not about pirating or doing "illegal" things(ex:use ROMs without have purchased the game) is a quite different subject.

The subject here is dingoo tech is fake, it's copying the product of other company.
I never would impose you or anyone to do cares about this, but I'm talking with the ones who do cares(as the guy who created the topic).

kswildside

Both companies still exist and still make an A320 models the point I have been trying to make all along is the guy they split from owns the domain name for dingoo888.cn and the trade mark for the paw print they used to use.

When they split from him along with all the engineers the complete sales department and most of the manufacturing group they decided instead of a battle for the trade mark and ownership of the domain was too much of a hassle so they came up with new trademark and domain.

90% to 95% of the people that worked at Shenzhen Dingoo Digital left to form Dingoo-Tech how do I know this I talk with them on the phone every day of the week and via msn also. Trust me if it was someone new I was dealing with they would chat differently on msn and sound different on the phone also.

Also think of things that have come out since the split that kind of point out the engineers and software developers are with Dingoo-Tech the firmware that fixed the Y/B button and several new languages for the A320 and was released on November 04, 2009. Way after the split which actually happened in Late September 2009.

So if Dingoo-Tech is fake and the engineers that designed the A320 weren't with them how the hell did they come up with all the fixes?

Plus the only battery that is 450mah ever seen or was shown was on the Shenzhen Dingoo-Digital website I don't think I've heard or seen anyone else with a battery like that shown on any forum.

If I was trying to steer someone away from my competition and cause trouble I would make a fake photo of an A320 with a messed up battery and than say see this is fake and we make the real thing and blah blah blah. It seems from what I can tell  Shenzhen Dingoo Digital did just that made a fake photo with a small battery to stir up crap.

Plus none of my customers have ever had any issues with there A320 since the one batch I got that was defective right around the split with Shenzhen Dingoo Digital and to be honest with the move and restructuring something like that was bound to happen. Other then the normal things that happen like WSOD when dropped hard etc.

Also why did it taken Shenzhen Dingoo-Digital 9 months to finally surface and contest anything or say that hey we are the real people and this is fake.

You don't lay around and wait nine months and let your name be soiled and not care that 4 of your major distro/resellers are no longer ordering from you. 

I would calculate I have bought 23K in Dingoos in the last nine months and I would say the same amount for all the other distros/resellers that deal with Dingoo-Tech so that’s almost 100K. How the hell do you lose that much money and not say anything for nine months.

You don't lose 100K and not say something about it or try to figure it out and there is no way I would lay around 9 months and not figure it out. Shenzhen Dingoo Digital did just that so there is more then just a little proof that the split was most of the employees that worked at Shenzhen left and formed Dingoo-Tech.

They would be a lot more concerned and shown a lot more interest in the matter if all the information they are spreading now was true and would have done it a lot sooner then 9 months after the fact.

As for saying DX has been selling the A320 longer then me you are correct by a whole whopping 5 months longer then me as I was working out the logistics to get my web store up and the funding etc.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 06:38:42 am by dingoo-digital-usa »

kswildside

As for real company fake company that really doesn't apply they both make an A320 just the people who envisioned and made the A320 split away from Shenzen Dingoo Digital and now run Dingoo-Tech.

They are the ones who can update it make firmwares that fix the issues etc and now have released a newer updated model...

thismeinteil

I have a good question.  How can we be sure that ddragonss isn't a covert spy for Shenzen Dingoo Digital?  One whos only job is to further spread bad info about Dingoo Tech?  ;-)

@DDU

Yea, I think that whole waiting around for 9 months, while losing money, is very telling.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 06:56:09 am by thismeinteil »

darfgarf

I have a good question.  How can we be sure that ddragonss isn't a covert spy for Shenzen Dingoo Digital?  One whos only job is to further spread bad info about Dingoo Tech?  ;-)

nah, his english is too good

how do we know you aren't  :o

Lol, I thought that too. About ddragoonss being the same guy spreading all the rumors the whole time. ;D

After all that has been said so far (especially with what D-D-USA's latest post clarifies) if you still think Dingoo Tech are the crappy ones, you are a paranoid fool with no common sense. Or are purposefully trying to anger and confuse people. That's my "opinion", though, I guess. :-*
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 10:55:30 pm by Jesse »

jkd

I send a Email to Dingo Digital asking about The New Dingoo. The response:

The new dingoo type will use powerful cpu. It can play HD(1080P) film. It will come out about two month later.

ricsi

The new dingoo type will use powerful cpu. It can play HD(1080P) film. It will come out about two month later.

Well ... we will see.
Will be interesting to have a a320 with new PSP housing and double memory, and the new contender.

More powerfull CPU either means incompatible CPU (so you have to port and recompile the current homebrew) or dualcore JZ7455 ...

All speculation ... let's wait until both are out, and than compare.

Stephanie

They didn't say 'more powerful', or even 'powerfuller', just that the cpu will be powerful. My translation: we won't know a thing about the cpu till someone gets the New Dingoo and opens it up.

And they didn't say it could output 1080P or HD, only that it could play it. My translation: we won't know if the TV-out is improved at all, till someone gets the New Dingoo and tries it out.

Not trying to be overly skeptical or pessimistic, just saying that between cultural and language barriers, combined with general vagueness and secrecy, that I'll take everything with a grain of salt unless they state something specifically. I.e. 'new cpu will be jz4755' or 'will have component-output video instead of composite video'.

Cheers!