Author Topic: why do the original dingoo team claim that the A330 is a "knock off"?  (Read 32253 times)

mrdomino

Re: why do the original dingoo team claim that the A330 is a "knock off"?
« Reply #100 on: May 17, 2010, 10:50:30 pm »
But how much input did the old Dingoo Digital staff (ie the people now at Dingoo Tech) actually have into the design of the hardware and OS of the A320? Wasn't that a collaboration with Gemei too? It was even announced before release as the Gemei A320 (AFAIK), and it's internally nearly identical to the older Gemei X760, so it looks to me like it's more Gemei than Dingoo.

Things like adding languages and fixing the button bug would be fairly trivial assuming Dingoo Tech have the OS source code, but they've yet to prove themselves with any more major changes, or any new/updated emulators. Even if all the old Dingoo Digital staff are now with Dingoo Tech, that wouldn't mean a thing if all the talent is at Gemei.

thismeinteil

« Reply #101 on: May 18, 2010, 05:57:06 pm »
@ DDU

Yea, those are the same questions I was asking myself.  Pretty far-fetched story.

Also, if Dingoo Digital has a partnership with Gemei, why does the Gemei site have a Dingoo Tech tab on their main page?  If Gemei and DD were in bed together, I would think they would be promoting them, not DT.

flatmush

« Reply #102 on: May 22, 2010, 08:17:13 pm »
I have only a couple things to say on the fish story from Dingoo-Digital if only two salesmen left how the hell did they get a factory up and running the firmware hacked and production of the A320 in one week.  Also if it was a hacked firmware how the hell did they come up with the new laguages and the Y & B button fix if they don't have the OS it would be one hell of a hack.
It'd be nice to see some evidence of this.

Then you have the fact the new A-330 has same flavor of OS and is modified differently then A320 if they didn't have source and it was all hacked that would be a very hard feat and again one hell of a serious hack.
The A330 contains an identical firmware that's been modified in a HXF tool as far as we're aware unless you can disprove this.

Because when the split happen I only had one delay and that was about a week long. There is no way humanly possible you setup a manfacturuing plant and the dies to make the cases in just one week and have enough produced to supply all your resellers.

I mean you state some of the things I have said don't ring true the whole explaination from Dingoo-Digital sounds fishy and well one whooper of a tale to me.

Then there is the fact I'm still in touch with and know about a total of 15 people at Dingoo-Tech that worked Dingoo-Digital before the split so alot of holes in the story from Shenzen Dingoo Digital.

Thats said I hope there partnership with Gemei and ChinaChip work out. Gemei does sales and manufacturing of MP4 and MP5 Players and China Chip is a Development Think tank. So maybe just maybe something good will come of it.

But end of the day it will be a Gemei product with the Shenzen Dingoo Digital logo slapped on it which in my mind still makes it a Gemei product.
Sounds like there are a lot of holes in both sides of the story to me, any way you can extract some more truth from your contacts?

forgeflow

« Reply #103 on: May 31, 2010, 02:37:09 am »
I have a somewhat related question. I purchased my A-320 from ThinkGeek. Does not say Dingoo on the back, (says A-320 Made in China) and no mention of any company whatsoever is made in the documentation. However, there is a Dingoo logo (sort of a shiney 3d-rendered version of the logo) at startup, and it says "Dingoo Digital". So, is this a "real" dingoo (as real as something from China can be) or is this an identical knockoff. Just curious.

Mine's quite new and I'm waiting on the arrival of a miniSD card (had to buy on online as there are NONE in the shops here) to install Dingux and try the better emulators (the built in ones leave a bit to be desired).

eule

• * Former Staff
« Reply #104 on: May 31, 2010, 12:55:31 pm »
It might be a HK Dingoo, has it a serial (and does it end with HK)? How is the battery life, there was a report of a Thinkgeek Dingoo only having 1.5-2 hours battery life...

No paw on the back is no more a safe indicator for DingooDigital or DingooTech (or whoever else makes them) Dingoos, i think DD makes them without paw for a few months already too. I wonder why, as it?s their trademark... ???

Sypran

« Reply #105 on: June 24, 2010, 06:52:22 am »
Not gona lie this kinda reminds me of the Atari name when It was starting to be sold around, and now its some french company (infrogames i believe?)  and has nothing to do with the original people. Well umm I dont know what to say, I dont know who is the proper w/e of w/e. But ummm may the best dingoo win?

Post a new topic
Post a new topic