As you have propably heared dingoo technology has released a successor to the A320 called the A330.
Little was/is known about this unit.
First not even the used CPU was disclosed, but now there is a review made by omgmog here in the HW section. He has also made pictures, and we CAN now confirm that the CPU used is identical on both units A320 and Dingoo Tech A330.
Here is the (of today) difference between the 2 units:
* better LCD
* new housing
* 64 MB RAM
* better shoulderbuttons
* proprietary wireless controller
At the moment it is not yet clear, if the added RAM will be utilized under the native firmware.
The sample units contained FW which was dated the same as the last a320 FW, and except of cosmetic changes to the skin, there was no visible difference in functionality.
Including the fact that all emulators are still identical between the dingoo tech a330 and the a320.
edit: the retail units are identical to the "review units".
The Dingoo Technologies A330 ships with a hacked A320 Firmware from September 2009!
This means that the doubled RAM is not utilized AT ALL in the native OS!
Also the exact workings and specification of the wireless controller are not yet clear.
The sample wireless controller worked out of the box in dingux (meaning no SW support needed) and it contains 2 (analog??? - yet unconfirmed) sticks which map to their digital counterparts (eg dpad and xyab) and 2shouldebuttons which cannot be differentiated (eg it is exactly the same if you press L1 or L2).
Until prooven otherwise (simply release a small demo app, which reads out the ANALOG values ... egy analog1 x-axis:-0.8 y-axis:0.6) it is believed that this behaviour CANNOT be altered.
<edit> albeit the unit is being sold for some time, we have NOT received any news.
So we can be pretty sure that thecurrent assumptions are correct:
* no analog function in the sticks
* sticks hardcoded to dpad and abxy and l1 tied to l2, r1 to r2
* no possibility to use 2 controllers
* no possibility to use wirless to connect 2 A330s for multiplayer
so here are some questions about the EXACT specification of the dingoo technology a330:
<edit> After waiting some time, I have filled out our assumptions about the A330. Please speak up if you have evidence that some assumptions are wrong.
1) what is default clockrate of the CPU (a320 had a 400MHz CPU clocked by default at 336)
<darfgarf: "default clockrate of the A330 is 400 MHz in native OS">
<albeit confirms that the stock native speed is 336MHz ... the same as in A320>
The A330 is clocked exactly the same as the A320.
It also uses exactly the same FW (only HXF edits of the menu and pictures).
2) is it possible to use 2 wireless controllers on one a330 for wireless dual player?
3) does the a330 itself only contain a wireless receiver - if it also has a sender could possibly be used to do multiplayer between 2 a330 units (after SW upgrade)
4) is it possible to use the sticks as analog sticks and utilize them as analog sticks in SW? is it possible to distinguish L1 from L2 shoulderbutton press?
6) can you run the "old" homebrew on the a330 which did not work on some HK dingoos?? (for example old sms emu ... if I remember correctly)
<darfgarf: "The A330 runs those applications without problems">
<omgmog: "only HK patched homebrew runs">
-> so the answer is no ...
The A330 runs only the applications the A320 HK runs.
7) there are reports from sticky and springy dpads on the sample ... will this be changed on the retail unit
? I was waiting for additional reviews here ... but albeit the unit is selling now for some time, I have not seen additional reviews!
if you now some: post URLs please
If you have answers to some of these questions, than speak (write
But please also add reasoning and/or proofs.
Also speak up, if I have forgotten any important question about the A330.
My goal is to have as much technical info about the specification of the Dingoo Technology A330 as possible.
Please no comments about fakeness or about manucaturing companies ... there are other threads for that.
Maybe somebody could also add a section in the wiki about the A330 final.
(NOT the sample unit, but the final HW and SW specification)
edit: added darfgarf answers to 1) and 6) (both of his answers have prooven to be wrong!!)
number 5 indeed was omitted because of my mistake.
added the answers as we assume them currently.