Author Topic: A320E and real A330 in the works  (Read 12790 times)

xdpirate (OP)

• * Former Staff
    • My software
A320E and real A330 in the works
« on: July 10, 2010, 08:38:00 am »
After talking with Jim from Dingoo Digital (the original Dingoo company and manufacturers), I've aquired information about "sequels" to the Dingoo A320.

First, we got the A320E, which is supposed to be an enhanced version of the Dingoo, with 1080p video and a different processor. Not much is known about this processor, it might be rebranded, as I can't find any information at all on this online.

Secondly, the real A330. Jim is being witholding, I'm afraid, and won't tell me much other than the fact that it has super features, and the rest is a well-kept secret.

Read the whole e-mail and my opinion on my development blog, and feel free to leave your comments either in the article comments section, or in this thread!

The information about the A320E was a nice birthday gift, I'm turning 21 today!

edit: fixed a typo lolz
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 06:16:59 pm by xdpirate »
Nintendo DSi, Black, v1.4.1 with R4i Gold 3DS
Nintendo DSi, Pokemon White Limited Edition
PSP-1000, Pink, 6.60-PRO C2
iPhone 4, White, iOS 7.0.2
Raspberry Pi, Model B, 512M

ricsi

Re: A320E and real A330 in the works
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 10:36:38 am »
Some remarks.

IMHO this post belongs into the rumour mill category.
(no hard facts just onesided rumours)

"real A330" should be "real Dingoo Digital A330".
As the "real Dingoo Tech A330" has already been released.

After the DD A330 is released, we can compare the two, and make a real comparison, based on facts, not on rumours spread by either of the parties.

I have seen your blog post.
There is a picture of DD headquarter. Were you physically there?
Have you seen the HW and/or SW developments departments of the firm?

Asking DD if DT A330 is "counterfeit" is funny.
Like asking Coca Cola if Pepsi is "counterfeit" and "advising" you to buy Coca ...
WHAT ELSE SHOULD THEY SAY??

some more remarks on your blogpost:
"In fact, there are only 2 salesmen left on our team." This is a direct comment from DD!
So for me this means that DT consists only of 2 people.
Not very good base for introducing new HW and doing new SW.
Who the hell is "the other team"??? Is there a 3rd team beside DD and DT?
"none of the people left the dingoo team"
WHAT is the dingoo team??
There is dingoo digital and dingoo technologies (2 companies)
but what the hell is "the dingoo team"??

Please ask them to clarify and WRITE so that people CAN UNDERSTAND what they mean.

another remark:
"The Dingoo group includes 4 companies, all of  which are under one boss:
Chinachip In charge of  CPU development"

THIS I do not believe.
*IF* this would be true, than chinachip should simply not sell any CPUs to Dingoo Tech.
Voila -> no DT A330 as Chinachip is the sole supplier for the CPU.

my view on this:
DD A320E -> completely incompatible. So therefor it does not distinguish itself of the zillion other cheap chinese HD knockoff devices.
DD A330 -> nothing known except "SUPER FEATURES" ... WOW ...

If there are first HW samples, or at least confirmed HW specs, you can come back to the Hardware forum ... in my point of view.
I would be very interested in what DT plans for their compatible A320 successor.

mrkingoo

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 10:51:52 am »
I also think this belongs in the rumor forum

Anyway regardless thanks for the info. Interesting to see what Dingoo Digital comes up with

eule

• * Former Staff
  • e
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 12:27:18 pm »
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 12:52:45 pm by eule »

santino

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 12:58:28 pm »
If this is the new dingoo case I would directly buy one of those. ;)

ricsi

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 02:04:43 pm »
A330 pics:

Thanks for the pictures.
Look good!

Is the gemei A330 the same as the Dingoo Digital A330 or is this a completely different product?
Is anything known about the specs?
Is it SW compatible with the A320?
What are the HW changes?

eule

• * Former Staff
  • e
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2010, 02:14:08 pm »

Frank_fjs

• My simple Dingoo web site
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2010, 02:50:51 pm »
Thanks for the info, interesting.

The gemei a330 looks pretty.

I'm in the group of people who believe DT stole patents/hardware design/ & hacked firmware etc from DD to create the current A330 and the inferior A320 models. This will ring true when DT have nothing new to release, except regurgitated A320's with a new name - time will prove me right.

At the end of the day, the console will speak for itself so it doesn't matter who or what you believe, and I believe the current A330 is crap and am awaiting the real sequel to the A320.

Happy bday!

ricsi

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2010, 04:05:50 pm »

xdpirate (OP)

• * Former Staff
    • My software
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2010, 06:03:05 am »
A330 pics:

Thanks for the pictures.
Look good!

Is the gemei A330 the same as the Dingoo Digital A330 or is this a completely different product?
Is anything known about the specs?
Is it SW compatible with the A320?
What are the HW changes?
I'm taking a wild guess here, but since Gemei and DD are so intimately related, I'm guessing that if it's not the same device, they'll be as similar as the A320 and the Gemei +x760.
Nintendo DSi, Black, v1.4.1 with R4i Gold 3DS
Nintendo DSi, Pokemon White Limited Edition
PSP-1000, Pink, 6.60-PRO C2
iPhone 4, White, iOS 7.0.2
Raspberry Pi, Model B, 512M

flatmush

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2010, 10:57:32 am »
The new one looks pretty, I actually hope it's ARM based this time because it would make assembly programming much easier/more fun and I still think it'd be nearly as hackable, although if it does use a new chip I worry that we won't be able to get the datasheets as easily as we did for the jz4740.

I'm in the group of people who believe DT stole patents/hardware design/ & hacked firmware etc from DD to create the current A330 and the inferior A320 models. This will ring true when DT have nothing new to release, except regurgitated A320's with a new name - time will prove me right.
Good to see that there are some sane people on these boards, I don't get how there's even a dispute when it's so obvious. If Dingoo Technology had any access to the Dingoo OS then they would have made a firmware that could use their new hardware, they didn't so therefore it is fake (I say fake because it is imitating another companies work).

gibberish

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2010, 04:02:24 pm »
for the love of god someone tell them to get linux running on it as a stock firmware, and distribute the source. they'll sell like hot cakes right from release date (provided the hardware is decent). i've all but washed my hands of these chinese machines and the bizarre and non-sensical business plans that accompany them.

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2010, 08:51:41 pm »
Hmm. I mostly hate how the arguments over the Dingoo companies go down. It's usually about misunderstandings and arguing over semantics. The real question is: where are all the original R&D people? According to DD they are still with DD, and DT is made up of the former DD sales team? I guess that explains how DD-USA would be fooled. I'm sure that's the only section of DD he ever had contact with, is the sales team.

No no, that still doesn't make total sense. There are still way too many hows and whys about how this whole thing came to be and how it is still happening (I'm mostly referring to the points brought up by DD-USA throughout the many threads... but perhaps he was just mistaken or desperately bullshitting or something). Which is why it bothers me how some of you talk like you are 100% certain who the "bad guys" are with the little info we have to go on. And it bothers me that you'd think there really are any "bad guys" at all in the first place, seeing how little we know about what happened. But whatever. I for one no longer care. And I apologize for any insults I may have slung around to the people on this board because of this whole ordeal.

Wait, wait, am I reading this correctly? So the supposed "enhanced version" of the A320 isn't going to be compatible with the original A320 and Dingoo-Linux? How does that make sense? All that hard work (Dingux) that was done FOR THEM to make their console worth a shit in the first place, and they are just going to throw it away? DT may be "counterfeiters", but DD seems to be made up of clueless retards. I'm glad they are losing money because of DT. If it's not compatible, they themselves should get a Linux kernel working on it, as gibberish said. Most of the A320's success is because of Dingux, no?

And their A330 has "super functions"!?! No waaaay! I'm so psyched!  ::)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 09:14:27 pm by Jesse »

Harteex

• * Administrator
    • Harteex Productions
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2010, 09:30:26 pm »
It's clear that DT do not have access to the firmware source. But one thing we'll never know for sure are these rumors about how many people left etc, but whatever.

We still don't know if DD has understood the success linux and homebrew (both native and linux) has brought them, but that's something we'll have to wait and see.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to see what'll come out from them.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 09:32:54 pm by Harteex »

gibberish

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2010, 09:38:14 pm »
i have to admit, the DD a330 looks gorgeous. just the right size and shoulder buttons that properly wrap around the edge of the case. i just hope they make the right decision with regards firmware and that the processor/ram combo is decent enough. in a perfect world it'd have some sort of 3d acceleration too so that it could compete with the wiz / caanoo but i guess that's rather too much to hope for.

Post a new topic