Author Topic: Rom format JXD V3????  (Read 3619 times)

hiredgun (OP)

Rom format JXD V3????
« on: February 22, 2012, 01:32:59 pm »
Hey gang, just got my JXD V 3 today in the mail, read the booklet that comes with the console and thought that it would be a piece of cake to start playing right away, but that's not the case.  Inside the "GAME" folder I created two more.  One for the Genesis, and one for the Super Nintendo.  I placed the roms in their respective folders, and figured I'd start playing right away, but I get the same error on each and every game.  I put some Mega Drive games in SMD and BIN format and some SNES games in SMC format, which according to the manual that comes with the console are supported, but none of them load.  The error I get is "file not support," but I double checked and they are in the correct format, so I don't know what I am doing wrong.  I tried them zipped and the console doesn't even recognize them. Can any one point me in the right direction, I've run out of ideas. H.G.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 01:46:54 pm by hiredgun »

TheUltimateMan

Re: Rom format JXD V3????
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 09:56:12 pm »
Hello!  I'm not sure if I can be of much help, but I do have a JXD V3...

My Sega Genesis (Mega Drive) roms are in .SMD format.

And my Super Nintendo roms are in .SMC format.

And for the most part, I don't have any trouble getting the roms to work.  However, there are occasional roms that simply are not supported for whatever reason (more so on the JXD V3 than with the Dingoo for example), but once I've loaded a different version of the rom, it's worked fine.

I would suggest trying multiple versions of roms, perhaps downloaded from different sites.  But if NONE of your roms are working, then yes you have a problem.

My only other suggestion would be to update your firmware.  All the information you need to do that can be found here:

http://www.mp4nation.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=18916

It should correct the issue with the emulators (if there is one) as well as speed up your system and correctly re-map the system's buttons. Read the entire post to get instructions and the correct links to download the firmware.

Good Luck! And also congratulations on your purchase! Personally, I think the JXD V3 is one of the best portable consoles available- not so much for the software (although it does EVERYTHING that I need), but because of it's form factor.  (for those who don't know, the JXD V3 has a 4.3in screen in a compact clamshell form to protect it, AND an analog nub- perfect portability!)

I hope all this helps, please don't give up on this cool little device, it's worth the extra effort.  Let us know how everything works out!

hiredgun (OP)

Re: Rom format JXD V3????
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 11:09:36 pm »
Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction.  It turns out that I was using the correct format for the roms.  The problem was that the console came WITHOUT the Player folder which is essential for gaming.  I have no idea how an entire folder could be missing!!! My theory is that the company I bought it from sent me a second hand console some one had returned because they deleted the folder and couldn't get it to work again.  A buddy of mine says that I am just being paranoid, lol, but what ever the reason, reflashing it with the firmware in your link restored the folder and now the console is running all the games as it should.  And while I do agree with you on the design being top notch for on the go gaming, I honestly have to tell you I am not 100 percent convinced on the emulation.  Do you really feel that your Genesis and Super Nintendo games are running at full speed??  The Genesis might be close to full speed with no sound at all, but I really feel that some Super Nintendo games like Sensible Soccer lag big time.  Since you are really a fan of the console I wanted your honest opinion.  Like I said, I agree with you that the design is one of the best I've run across in portable gaming, but I am really not sold on the Emus being full speed!!! Thanks once again, at least now the console is playing games, lol. H.G.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic