Author Topic: nice-looking mp5 player  (Read 10119 times)

bamboori (OP)

Re: nice-looking mp5 player
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2013, 10:21:47 pm »
okay, snes REALLY needs to be tweaked. its running too fast!? i sure didnt expect that haha!
also for all games the select is the exit button, and the vol up key instead is select. dafuq?
and the key layout for genesis/megadrive emulation suck hard (two face buttons plus right shoulder!?)

but the key layouts are fixable 100% :p
i just hope somebody finds a way to hack into this device to tweak the emulators and maybe the standard key layouts.

bamboori (OP)

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2013, 09:41:03 pm »
so i made some kind of video :p
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K7789CjQJM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K7789CjQJM</a>
during metroid i noticed that if you go crazy with the controls, some keys hang in the software (in the video l and left). i did never get that during normal gameplay yet though :p

also sorry that im sometimes shifting the handheld up too much, i literally had to tape my webcam on my forehead to film properly...

as you can hear (hopefully) the buttons are quite loud, especially the shoulder buttons, so dont think about playing this while in class or something :p apart from the shoulder buttons though they feel ok, like the gba sp ones.
also, as i said, snes runs too fast. usual problems with games like jikkyou oshaberi parodius cause they use old emus like always. notice though hos the bootup is incredibly fast compared to older devices with the same OS. which leads me to believe they simply put more power into it, but didnt regulate the emulators.
but apart from snes all the games work full speed at most... weird.
anways, heres why i said its shite without any mods: the handheld has a vibration module. now why you ask this is so bad? simply because it vibrates while you hold any face action button, so pretty much all the frikkin time! what the hell china. during gaming this annoys you as hell, as you feel like playing with an adults toy rather than a gaming device.
remove it and youre fine.

some pics... pretty bad resolution... soon ill have a better phone ._.

back of the circuit board. not terribly much going on here. above the speaker on the top you can see solder pins for the vibration module. also there are pins (and speaker holes in the case) for a second speaker, but i guess they screwed it for the "analog" stick. i dont think a second speaker the size of the original would fit in.

the front of the board, with lcd and rubber pads.

two of the chips.

the third chip. i guess this is the flash memory.

so all in all, after the removal of the vibration module this handheld is quite nice. doesnt seem to be spmp8k, i tried installing the homebrew emulators for it and it failed.
the mega drive games have to be .bin format.
what is also nice that when the battery is low it tells you that and returns you to the game menu, but you are still able to save your current progress :) i hated that when playing the letcool :|
the battery itself does not hold that long, but since its interchangeable you can simply put in a better one (the original one doesnt even have an amperage label).
you can also choose to play in scaled mode or in original screen size. not really recommended for gameboy, but gold for snes because theres no ugly pixelation :)

i really hope somebody can fix the snes emulation, or add more options for the emulators in general :)

naxeras

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2013, 08:15:13 am »
It is an actions semiconductor CPU is not  a sunplus. Its  a CPU is very similar to EGP1000.

What sistems are emulated? PSX, SNES, GBA, NEO-GEO, CPS1 and CPS2?

Have yo the original firmware?

I created a custom firmware that support these systems for EGP1000 because whith the original firmware only worked PSX, SNES and GBA.

bamboori (OP)

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2013, 11:07:51 am »
it supports nes, gameboy/color, gba, snes (too fast) and megadrive.
didnt test neogeo/cps1/2 yet... what is the typical rom format for those?

i only have the handheld, but i know its somehow possible to dump firmwares from mp5 players... its just different for every single one xP

lemmywinks

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2013, 12:47:29 pm »
also sorry that im sometimes shifting the handheld up too much, i literally had to tape my webcam on my forehead to film properly...

I think we need pictures of this...... ;D
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, Pap KIII-Plus, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket, PSP Go
PC:
HP Envy M6
Acer 522
Psion 5 & 5MX

bamboori (OP)

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2013, 03:02:23 pm »
no! xD
btw i tried the metal slug games, but they were only shown when in .bin format (or is there another format for them, compressed into one file?), but they dont work. bin is megadrive for the handheld.

bamboori (OP)

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2013, 11:36:47 pm »
does somebody have an idea how to slow the snes emulator down? i really like the device, but the too fast sens emulation is really a bummer ):

SNESFAN

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2013, 11:54:00 pm »
Turn off frame skip might slow it down, or increase audio quality.

Best option would be to enable vsync if its available.

I doubt it has a system clock adjustment, but that would also do it.

bamboori (OP)

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2013, 05:19:15 pm »
uuuuhm... you know this is one of those cheap mp5 players without any options? :D
only things i can do are fullscreen/original res and sound on/off

SNESFAN

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2013, 03:28:34 am »
Yea... With no available options to adjust, good luck in making it run any slower or faster than its currently running.

I thought that they had a minimal set of options though. Guess I was wrong.

jamespoo

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2018, 02:15:11 am »
hi i have one of these https://www.ebay.com/itm/Portable-4-3-8GB-32Bit-300Games-Built-In-Video-Game-Console-Player-Handheld-17/152772847677?hash=item2391f8a83d:m:mqnpk6BVZFxtH-yapHa_uZQ

im sure i somewhere last year there was a rom somebody made for this but i can't find it

redlemon

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2018, 12:28:37 pm »
Shame snes runs too fast. I loved the cannoo form factor but the analog stick broke on mine.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic