Author Topic: New letcool n350jp firmware V2.1  (Read 14879 times)

xiongxioi (OP)

New letcool n350jp firmware V2.1
« on: August 31, 2010, 06:02:03 am »
Haven't tried it yet.
Anyone want to be The First Person to Eat a Crab?

http://www.letcool.net/download/display/15b1it4feceh.shtml
 :)

omgmog

• * Administrator
  • Doesn't sleep.
    • omgmog.net
Re: New letcool n350jp firmware V2.1
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 09:43:53 am »
Will give this a go tonight if I have time  8)

quartercast

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 10:33:44 pm »
Just installed 2.1. They've changed the theme, which is nice if you like floral things.
I'm not sure if it was this FW or the last one, SNES and GBA emulation seems to have improved a fair bit.

obscurehandhelds

• Obscure Handhelds
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 12:55:40 pm »
do the shoulder buttons work in gba and snes now? how the emulation compare to something like the original GBA emulator on the dingoo?
i have to say it's a nice surprise to see them releasing updated firmware for this thing. i'm almost tempted to grab one now...

quartercast

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 01:42:42 am »
Shoulder buttons are working in SNES, I'm not sure about GBA.

Are there any GBA games you want me to try? I tried golden sun, there's a fair bit of slowdown during battle attack animations.

I can't remember what GBA was like on the dingoo :)

TheCaffeinator

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2010, 03:21:47 am »
An easy test for the GBA emulator is Pinball of the Dead. In the default control scheme, the flippers are mapped to the L & R buttons.

Ghost Rider also gives the shoulder buttons a workout, as does Astro Boy: Omega Factor and Drill Dozer.

Just for kicks, I'd like to hear how it handles Flight of the Falcon, DOOM 1 & 2, Lego Star Wars, and Tron: Killer App.

quartercast

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2010, 07:05:03 am »
Unfortunately the GBA shoulder buttons still don't seem to be working. Lego Star Wars runs like crap, and Tron 2 actually runs pretty well. First time I played Tron actually, it's pretty cool.

I think the sound in SNES still needs a bit of work, the music and FX in most games doesn't sound quite right. A lot of games are still quite frameskippy too.

I had a lot of fun playing Metal Slug Advance, that runs well. Street Fighter II (SNES) ran well too.

obscurehandhelds

• Obscure Handhelds
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2010, 08:31:47 am »
thanks for the update man. maybe i'll wait for another couple of updates to see how things go.

TheCaffeinator

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2010, 04:24:07 pm »
First time I played Tron actually, it's pretty cool.

Yes, it is. I was pleasantly surprised -- especially to find that the original Tron and Discs of Tron arcade games are built in as  minigames.

Captain Francis

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2010, 01:52:51 pm »
Hi guys, just registered here at the forum, though I've been reading up on the LetCool posts for about a month.

I just upgraded to the new firmware... sort of.

Now my screen is black with just the category name currently selected in the middle... some letters of the names are missing, and I can't do anything.  Selecting a category will just make the name fly off one side of the screen and back from the other side.

Anyone else have this problem?  Is there a way to fix it or is my >1 day old Letcool already bricked?

I can't even turn it off now.  :(

I didn't push any buttons except the power when it told me to do so to reset.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit:  Never mind.

When I went back to it the text wouldn't even move anymore so I figured I had nothing left to lose so I took the battery out and put it back in... I turned it on and left it for a couple minutes and nothing happened... turned it off, turned it back on, it booted up with the new background but it said the version was 00.00.00  (or some combination of .'s and 0's) so I did the upgrade again and it worked normally.   The version still says 00.00.00 or whatever, though.

So... if it happens to anyone else, try taking the battery out.    *shrug*

Second Edit:

It worked for a little while, but later while I had it hooked into my PC because I was going to transfer more files to it, it froze.   Instead of connecting through USB automatically, it stayed in the menu and the menu is frozen.   The only way to turn it off is to take out the battery and turning it back on boots it up into the frozen menu again.

I can't figure a way out of this one.   Any ideas?  

Apparently flashing the firmware voided the warranty, unless that counts as just a software upgrade.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 05:07:18 pm by Captain Francis »

renejr902

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2010, 05:33:08 pm »
hmmm its not funny. i just bought mine. i dont know if i will upgrade the firmaware.

How many people suceed to upgrade the firmware to v2.1 ??

Captain Francis

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2010, 09:35:45 pm »
Edit:  Status of Upgrade in Question.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 01:28:36 am by Captain Francis »

leonvanbon

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2010, 04:34:34 pm »
Upgraded to 2.1 without failure.

Seems improved in GBA and SNES emulation

Captain Francis

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2010, 08:55:10 pm »
Ok, turns out it wasn't really the update after all... at least not entirely.

With no other options available to me, I left the battery out of the Letcool for about a day in case there was some kind of memory capacitor, but I knew I was grasping at straws.  I tried turning it on again today and.... it was still frozen as would be expected.

So... just on a whim I took the battery back out (to turn the device off, it's the only way with it frozen) and put it back in, then I ejected the Micro SD card and turned it back on... and it wasn't frozen anymore.

So I turned it off (with the power button, yay) and put the SD card back in, turned it on, frozen.   Took the battery back out and put it back in, took out the SD card, turned it on, unfrozen.

Put the card back in while the machine was on, it froze up instantly... took it back out it instantly unfroze.

So... yeah.   It was working fine with the SD card before the upgrade, and after the upgrade.   

Very strange.   Anyone have an SD card freezing problem?

So anyway, without the card in, it's working so far, so I guess it wasn't my upgrade that was the failure after all, it's the SD card.

Anyone who did upgrade, please tell me what version number your Letcool lists.   I still don't like the way mine says it's version 0 and I would like to know if that's normal or something is still messed up in mine.

renejr902

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2010, 09:12:57 pm »
thanks for the update. and good luck.  maybe you should buy another micro sd card and see if the problem happen again ? if the new sd card work well, you can try to update again.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 09:22:19 pm by renejr902 »

Captain Francis

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2010, 02:37:14 pm »
I reformatted it with my computer and so far so good.  I've barely used it, since, though.   At least it's not frozen.

BTW, I don't know if this is the right place to post it or not, but the bug people keep saying about not being able to change games with the controllers plugged in?   When the controllers are plugged in, instead of the power button, you need to press select, hold it down and press start (on a controller) and that's what makes the little menu pop up.

Or since they're not really labeled, Rectangle, hold it, Triangle.

I have no idea if that works on previous firmware versions or not.

Swift_Hawk

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2010, 06:14:15 pm »
Is there any mirrors out there for this? The download form the letcool site keeps dropping on my connection.

Edit : Solved issue

I've set up a mirror as well as how-to here : http://boards.dingoonity.org/spmp8000-devices/letcool-firmware-update-2-1-mirror/
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 02:34:23 am by Swift_Hawk »

proooosit

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2010, 01:30:22 am »
Hello! someone some know how i reflash it from computer with usb cable and some flash software, my is total dead after try to update from memmory card, will not boot, will not do anything, only black screen and then i connect to computer the computer say unknown usb device, hope someone can help me, have it nice everybody

retrogamer

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2010, 12:03:03 am »
Was wondering if there was much benefit emulation wise between 2.0 and 2.1. I currently I have 2.0 and wondering if it is worthwhile to upgrade.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic