Author Topic: Letcool Unbricker  (Read 6012 times)

chevette (OP)

Letcool Unbricker
« on: March 14, 2011, 11:47:54 am »
Does anyone have an unbricker for Letcool??
I upgraded firmware to the MultiMax Magic Version 3, the upgade went successfully, but
the screen was shifted. So I went to go back to the previous firmware (MultiMax Magic Version 3.1), when I went to flash the firmware, I now get an error message Device 0==>WritePackImageFile is fail.
I've tried the Stock (2.1) firmware to no avail. The screen is now black and I have a $90 pile of useless plastic.
I should have left it alone.

alemaxx

Re: Letcool Unbricker
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 02:36:35 pm »
There is no unbricker but what tool are you using, FRMPro? To use FRMPro (I never used it) you should hold down some button (or all buttons) and then plug in the usb cable. The device should then be in "update mode" and you can start FRMpro und flash your firmware file.

chevette (OP)

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 10:26:49 pm »
I did use FRMPro. It flashed Letcool successfully but screen was shifted + frozen (menu never came up). I removed the battery, tried again, and it was still screwed up. So I attempted to re-flash with the original firmware and that's were it will no longer flash.......very frustrating!!!!

1wiierdguy

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 06:41:03 am »
 There should be an option in frmpro to rebuild Nand. Have you tried that?

chevette (OP)

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 11:27:47 am »
Yes, tried that.....I think the actual hardware has failed now.

alemaxx

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 07:33:02 pm »
Yes, tried that.....I think the actual hardware has failed now.
Very unlikely in my opinion, at least not from updating. You might want to head over to openschemes.com to download frmorp and nandoori and to read the nandoori article.
Are you sure the firmware image you want to flash is valid?

chevette (OP)

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 10:29:21 pm »
Alemaxx: Thank you very much....I really appreciate your help on this. My gut feeling is that it isn't the hardware either, but I've tried so many different things. I will take your advice and head over to Openschemes.com. I'll let you know how I make out.
Thanks again

ticaw

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2011, 01:16:00 pm »
do you know how to set letcool to its default firmware? i need to do that so i can get a refund

Post a new topic
Post a new topic