Author Topic: Letcool Unboxing Vid  (Read 3256 times)

thismeinteil

Letcool Unboxing Vid
« on: September 19, 2010, 02:52:17 am »
I just recently posted a Letcool unboxing vid on Youtube.  I think it gives a pretty good overview of the Letcool for those who may be on the fence about purchasing one.  Please excuse the slight hum, I couldn't find my good mic, so I was stuck with the one on my laptop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84mfTtJPIzU

And for those wondering where to get one fast, I would suggest chinavasion.com.  I ordered mine on Tues and recieved the Letcool by Fri.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 02:54:39 am by thismeinteil »

mrzilch

Re: Letcool Unboxing Vid
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 05:30:24 am »
is it any good??

pls post showing emulation of snes/megadrive games :D :D :D

thismeinteil

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 06:37:07 am »
is it any good??

pls post showing emulation of snes/megadrive games :D :D :D

Actually, that was just a joke vid  ;D, but I do plan on showing some vids of emulation and maybe an actual review when I've had a little more time with the device. 

Just some quick points:
I love the D-pad and L/R buttons, a great improvement over the Dingoo's.

Loving the spruced up menu.  It's a lot like the Dingoo's, but with some nifty transitions when selecting various things.

The camera isn't the greatest, but it is a nice little addition to the overall package.

And the controllers are so tiny, but they are still fun to mess around with.

Only real negative for me is that the screen is larger, but still the same resolution as the Dingoo's, so the LCD "dots" are a little easier to see.  But, in the end, I'm happy with my purchase.  We just need some form of Linux on this puppy, and I bet the possibilities are almost endless.

mrzilch

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 09:34:53 am »
as soon as this gets more updates im buying one - looks great! and it uses exactly the same battery as my nokia e72 (hahaha!) so i actually have a couple of spares - and they are cheap also! too bad its  only 1000mah , seems like the battery will be just a little bit more than half of the dingoo's battery life (especially with the bigger screen, means more battery drained)

also im interested that it has date/time on the native OS - do these get retained even after u switch off?

thismeinteil

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 12:35:18 am »
Yea, the date and time are retained.  I just need to figure out how to switch to 12 hrs (AM & PM) instead of the standard 24 hr cycle.

Swift_Hawk

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010, 07:29:34 pm »
Nice unboxing. I lulz.

thismeinteil

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2010, 12:55:48 am »
Nice unboxing. I lulz.

Lol, thanks.  I do want to do some real vids of the Letcool.  That is if I ever find the time to.

Post a new topic