Author Topic: LETCOOL....support?  (Read 2773 times)

WHITEchicken

LETCOOL....support?
« on: October 11, 2010, 08:31:46 am »
I have been looking for an info I can get on the letcool lately. This seems to be the best place to find it. I am probably going to get one pretty soon but it seems that no one can tell me anything about the video playback and tv out quality. i know i read that nba jam works pretty good on 2 player and that is a huge plus. this thing is really interesting but it doesnt seem like there are very many people developing stuff for it. its good to see that firmware is being released for this thing for sure, but is there anywhere else that has info i can read about it?  how many people actually have one of these things? thanks for the help in advance.

gibberish

• Obscure Handhelds
Re: LETCOOL....support?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 12:03:25 pm »
letcool support is thin on the ground, the manufacturer has released a couple of updates but still hasn't fixed some really obvious stuff like shoulder button support in the gba emulator. the reason nobody is developing anything for it is that it's too hard to do so. there is not really any documentation about the processor or anything else that is needed to base a community of developers on. unless there is some massive breakthrough then i would expect the machine to fade into obscurity within the next 6 months or so.

i would rather pin my hopes on the gemei a330 personally. it has already gathered quite some interest and it's not even released until friday (supposedly). booboo is willing to work on the a330 too, which is the selling point above all other selling points.

WHITEchicken

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 10:33:24 pm »
well like i said the only reason im thinking of getting this is for the 2 player option. the dingoo is cool but i would really like 2 player. man it sucks that there isnt any support for this cause it could be great.

gibberish

• Obscure Handhelds
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 10:41:06 pm »
i didnt say dingoo i said gemei a330. it will support 2 player mode, in what capacity we dont know yet. you may need 2 machines for it to work.