Author Topic: Letcool new Firmware and Patch 2012 + Tutorial  (Read 10234 times)

ticaw (OP)

Letcool new Firmware and Patch 2012 + Tutorial
« on: August 02, 2012, 01:14:32 pm »
So it took me ages to figure this out but i got this new firmware from a russian site, but since its so cool i figured you guys would like it.
All credit goes to Lum from http://handheld.freeforums.org

Changes Made:
That's what it changes relative to the base firmware:
1) fixated the main menu. Now, when the active item 'Game', if you press the 'left', will go to 'Settings' and vice versa
2) Disable all the message gets a low battery. Absolutely. Now, when the battery is discharged, the console freezes and after a few seconds off. Perhaps it could have a negative impact on battery life, and therefore unwilling to risk iron, released a separate version of the update (withLowPowMesg), where the message is still displayed
3) The effect of "magic sticks" is present even when the joysticks are disabled. Brakes in the GBA and SNES especially when you press the button, the console is now nothing more than a joystick. It is quite possible to play, for example, in the SNES MK II for mobile use console
4) Ten slots to save / load (with numbers from 0 to 9) for all emulators. The zero slot corresponds to the conservation of the original firmware. Select the slot number by selecting the icon in the game menu 'Downloads' or 'Save' and pressing 'up' and 'down'
5) Improved management for emulators:
NES (Dendy): Added Turbo button (Y = Turbo-B, X = Turbo-A). More precisely, it is not quite Turbo button - it Autofire-buttons, but they are very similar
GB & GBC: Added Turbo button (similar to NES)
GBA: And then added the same turbo button
SEGA: Managing redesigned to better fit the original three-button joystick:
Now, in the console emulation mode SEGA Y = A, B = B, A = C
No, 6 push-button controls for SEGA, this update does not,
-But, and here, too, added to the Turbo buttons: Right Shift = Turbo-A, X = Turbo-B, Left Shift = Turbo-C,
-And still adequately Select = Start, it is now possible to play at 'Lost Vikings' on SEGA, pressing Select + Left & Right to select a character
All of the above also applies when connecting joysticks for 2 players
6) For parents whose children accidentally delete files and even format the memory of the console, released a special version of the update (withDataProtection), in which these functions are blocked (in the menu 'Format' can not even go, and when you try to delete every file is given the "File is protected ")

Also:
7) Changed the type of game menu (replaced by the icon and added a map of the current slot number to save / load)
 The translation into Russian of many inscriptions in the interface is replaced by an adequate
9) In view pictures off the top and bottom-line interface, which enclose part of the image. Now see the whole picture at once, and not just in a slide show

How To

Theres 2 versions of this firmware and i already patched them for you!
If the version 3.0 doesnt work (in my case the screen was out of place) install the 3.1 version.
Simply extract the "new firmware" Folder wherever you want and then put the files of the 3.0 or 3.1 folder in you Letcools micro sd.
Afterwords, in your letcool, go to settings, system information and kep pressing A untill it starts the update.

http://www.mediafire.com/?p3j6w60w5ib87rs

beaviz

Re: Letcool new Firmware and Patch 2012 + Tutorial
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 11:25:52 am »
Nice!

Anyone tried it yet?
Thank you for keeping the letcool community alive!
Classically trained

ticaw (OP)

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 09:44:56 pm »
Nice!

Anyone tried it yet?

Well, i did haha and i have the letcool .

SEA

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 07:13:38 am »
very good  ;)

bamboori

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 01:44:51 pm »
i updated the firmware after a long time of it
gathering dust. its working well, but in snes i often encounter huge spikelags in video (audio tells me its still running at normal speed) until i save once. did that occur to you in the previous firmware as well?

ticaw (OP)

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2012, 07:16:59 pm »
well the letcool snes emulator pretty much sucks haha but this firmware actually makes it a lill bit better  ;)

Trevor Belomont

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 04:53:51 pm »
Nice!

Anyone tried it yet?

I just tried it on mine and it does just like the initial description and everyone else above has said. Even navigating the game select screens is a little smoother.

Nice!

ericgrilo

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 02:56:31 am »
Wow!! I'm hunting for something new about Letcool to time, I'm from Brazil, I was a little chatiado with Letcool at the beginning because I could not play, nor DOOM and not Super Mario Kart, I would like to hear from you, With this new firmware to play these gives games? I saw a video that a guy was playing DOOM on Letcool, and am awaiting response'm very happy to find a forum that debates still think about Letcool.

:)

ericgrilo

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2012, 02:10:31 am »
Good morning,

I'm trying to upgrade my firmware, but when I click ok on the last screen, it just keeps popping up and lock the Return, but no button works by taking the power from I hang it and it returns to the normal ... what is happening or what am I doing wrong?

I await response

ericgrilo

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2012, 02:19:15 am »
Noo one want help me????  :'( :'(

ticaw (OP)

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2013, 05:39:42 pm »
eric talk to me via facebook :)
http://www.facebook.com/ricardo.melo.9047

azeil103

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2013, 04:28:10 am »
i just bought my letcool and was wondering, how do you put emulators or roms on it?

Post a new topic
Post a new topic