Author Topic: Letcool Gamestation  (Read 217154 times)

joanilson41

Re: Letcool Gamestation
« Reply #240 on: August 01, 2010, 03:59:50 am »
so, omgmog, nothing yet?

about new v3 firmware:
improved button mapping to snes and genesis, gba became strange to play some games.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 04:01:40 am by joanilson41 »

omgmog

• * Administrator
  • Doesn't sleep.
    • omgmog.net
« Reply #241 on: August 01, 2010, 08:26:17 am »
so, omgmog, nothing yet?

about new v3 firmware:
improved button mapping to snes and genesis, gba became strange to play some games.

My missing breakout board delivery isn't resolved, so I'll probably order a new one from another seller.

Just need to find some time to mess with the Letcool.

Soviete

« Reply #242 on: August 23, 2010, 04:13:21 am »
Any news on the Letcool system? Seems interesting. Maybe the developer can release some info (accidentally send a pm to omgmog with a FTP w/o password with a lot of documentation about the portable?) xD
I bet on Letcool. We need this fight, LC vs Dingoo will make both better.

alemaxx

« Reply #243 on: August 27, 2010, 03:19:48 pm »
My missing breakout board delivery isn't resolved, so I'll probably order a new one from another seller.
Im using an old cellphone data cable based on a pl2303 converter. If you have got a soldering iron (which you would need anyway to solder some cables to the letcool pcb) and one of these cables you can modify it easily. One potential problem I encountered was that I had to supply an i/o voltage to the pl2303.
Any news on the Letcool system? Seems interesting. Maybe the developer can release some info (accidentally send a pm to omgmog with a FTP w/o password with a lot of documentation about the portable?) xD
I bet on Letcool. We need this fight, LC vs Dingoo will make both better.
The developer is quite uncooperative, I doubt they will release any useful source or documentation. On the other hand maybe there will be some leakage.

Soviete

« Reply #244 on: August 27, 2010, 06:07:22 pm »
The developer is quite uncooperative, I doubt they will release any useful source or documentation. On the other hand maybe there will be some leakage.
[/quote]
Sad to hear it. :( Just bought mine rofl. But if 1 game works for me, it's ok. Just need super or mega bomberman to play with my gf.
There's a way to help? If a lot of ppl ask the developer maybe he give us something. It's funny, the firmware of letcool seems to be a piece of #$%$# and the developer don't let the real coders to improve it. Real retarded ppl.

gibberish

• Obscure Handhelds
« Reply #245 on: August 28, 2010, 08:51:58 am »
It shouldn't come as a surprise, this happened with every Chinese handheld so far and numerous other devices. They fear that if they give anything anyway it will be stolen by another company and re used. But at the same etime they either lack the capability or the inclination to do it properly themselves in the first place.

Soviete

« Reply #246 on: August 29, 2010, 02:43:07 pm »
It shouldn't come as a surprise, this happened with every Chinese handheld so far and numerous other devices. They fear that if they give anything anyway it will be stolen by another company and re used. But at the same etime they either lack the capability or the inclination to do it properly themselves in the first place.

@gibb~ Chinese Brainwash difficulting things happen xD

Now I'm searching for an alternative battery for Letcool. The batery is BL-5B, does someone knows an alternative (more mAh) battery?

Thx!

Ps. I will buy the Dingoo too, when I'm playing alone Ill play CPS games hehe. I will do a review (or translate the Youtube one made by a brazillian)

xdpirate

« Reply #247 on: August 31, 2010, 07:51:11 pm »

@gibb~ Chinese Brainwash difficulting things happen xD

Now I'm searching for an alternative battery for Letcool. The batery is BL-5B, does someone knows an alternative (more mAh) battery?

Thx!

Ps. I will buy the Dingoo too, when I'm playing alone Ill play CPS games hehe. I will do a review (or translate the Youtube one made by a brazillian)
BL-5B, I think that's a Nokia-style battery. Check eBay, you might find some cheapo ones there.

jtyoboy

« Reply #248 on: September 14, 2010, 11:25:42 pm »
I Cracked my screen today and im looking for a screen i can use to replace it. anyone knows of a simuler kind screen that i can use to replace the broken one?

gibberish

• Obscure Handhelds
« Reply #249 on: September 15, 2010, 08:04:24 am »
similar won't cut it, it'll have to be the exact same screen to be compatible.

andresd

« Reply #250 on: February 03, 2011, 08:58:27 am »
Hi I'm new here so I hope I don't get in trouble for bumping an old thread but after reading 17 pages this seems like the right spot for it.

I lost my old Dingoo A320 and this Letcool seems like a more than suitable replacement but I was wondering:

Does this quote still apply considering firmware 2.0 and that custom russian firmware that got posted up a couple weeks ago?

For the Emus themselves, of what I've tested so far:

NES - Very nice as you would expect detected a little slowdown in some games that the Dingoo does not have.
 GB - Again very nice SMB Deluxe doesn't work like on Dingoo Native but others I tested ran  perfectly.
 GBA - A big step down from dingoo. Games are very choppy and with the button mapping issue. Not Good.
 Snes - NOT playable without mini pads. Game performance is hit and miss. Less sound issues than Dingoo native but feels slower.
 MD - A definate step up from Dingoo native, games ran much smoother and with less sound issues.

Initial findings are that two player MD is this units early strength. With any luck a firmware upgrade can fix some of the other issues. The manual gives instructions on how to do firmware upgrades so hopefully one will be released soon.

Have the updates improved any of this? Cause if I remember right, while I loved my Dingoo, GBA emulation was the only one that was truly perfect (as perfect as emulation gets anyway). While games such as SNES's Chrono Trigger and Super Mario World would kinda lag. So have the firmware updates for the Letcool improved it beyond the Dingoo, or would the Dingoo still be a better bet for SNES?

Also it's probably waaay too early to ask about this but since I don't see it mentioned anywhere else in the forums, is it possible that the added ram for the Dingoo A380 makes things run smoother or is that not how it works? The link below has the specs, and I think there are youtube vids of it as well though I doubt any have shipped yet.
http://www.etronixmart.com/dingoo-a380-mini-console-2players-gaming-wireless-controllers-p-793.html

Thanks for the help  ;D

After some more forum research, I see that ram only really affects, Dingux emulators and not the native emulators, still good to know though
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 09:41:17 am by andresd »

1wiierdguy

« Reply #251 on: February 03, 2011, 10:49:48 am »
 Later firwares have improved Letcool performance and button mapping. The A320 still has better emulation though.

After some more forum research, I see that ram only really affects, Dingux emulators and not the native emulators, still good to know though

This is true for Dingoo A330 because the native firmware wasn't updated to use the extra ram. If the A380 firmware and emulators have been moddified to use the ram it will make a difference. Just have to wait untill someone gets their hands on one.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 11:02:54 am by 1wiierdguy »

foralllj

« Reply #252 on: February 08, 2011, 11:30:56 am »
Hello! I have some problem with my letcool.
Can you help me?

1. When I used letcool with TV and 2game pad I can't go to main menu letcool.
How I can exit from game?
- bug: game battletoads. Snes. When players choose frog and 1st player push 'start'
second player can't push 'start'
- bug: else in game example 'Cabal'
second player can't connect to game because can't push start(((
rom robocop3 snes not work. Somebody have work rom?

ticaw

« Reply #253 on: February 11, 2011, 06:45:27 pm »
to go to main menu with the game pads youneed to press the select and start button on the first game pad

1wiierdguy

« Reply #254 on: March 05, 2011, 02:03:46 am »
 Funny how the Russian clone of the Letcool the "Multimix Magic" gets more updates than the Letcool itself!

http://eng.defender-global.com/products/game/electronics/multimix-magic/

Ive got the 3.1 update on my Letcool now.

ricmagus

« Reply #255 on: March 05, 2011, 11:45:48 am »
any mirror?

Multimix Magic site is off u.u

1wiierdguy

« Reply #256 on: March 06, 2011, 12:13:07 am »
 http://letitbit.net/download/13517.1b9396a42bde6effaedbee95a861/3.1.zip.html

Here is the 3.1 update. Just unzip the files to the root of memory card and update Letcool in the usual way.

MValim

« Reply #257 on: March 06, 2011, 03:21:23 am »
who made this 3.1 update? it's official?

1wiierdguy

« Reply #258 on: March 06, 2011, 05:15:26 am »
who made this 3.1 update? it's official?

It's an update for a Letcool clone called the Multimix magic.

http://eng.defender-global.com/products/game/electronics/multimix-magic/

ricmagus

« Reply #259 on: March 06, 2011, 12:33:45 pm »
thanks a lot ^^