Author Topic: Letcool Gamestation  (Read 173561 times)

1wiierdguy

Re: Letcool Gamestation
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2010, 04:07:32 am »
 Ordered one last night. Will post with impressions when it arrives.

Meneer Jansen

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2010, 12:12:23 pm »
Ordered one last night. Will post with impressions when it arrives.
I can''t wait for your impressions! :)

P.S. Lets hope something like Dingux (i.e. Linux) can and will be developed for it. Letcoolinux?
Finally got me a new Dingoo after I Kentucky ~~::fried::~~ the other one. Yippee! [edit] And lost it!

omgmog

• * Administrator
  • Doesn't sleep.
    • omgmog.net
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2010, 06:58:24 pm »
Mine was shipped yesterday from hopebuy.com, I hope the delivery doesn't take too long :D

thismeinteil

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2010, 03:08:24 am »
Mine was shipped yesterday from hopebuy.com, I hope the delivery doesn't take too long :D

Me, either.  I can't wait to get a full report on this baby.  Pretty excited about the possibilities this device could bring.

LetCool

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2010, 04:28:21 am »
That think just looks too much like a DS (Maybe it's because it was Designed in Japan?)
I would also like to hear how it is from the people that is getting this. WE DEPENDZ ON YOUR REVIEWS!!!! NO LET US DOWN!!!!!!!
Mostly I want to know about the Video Resolution. The Dingoo has the resolution of 320X240 and any video that has the resolution over 320x240 will most likey lag in the video, and also the Dingoo will push the video Resolution down into 320x240 even though the Video actual size is [let's just say is 640x480]
Aside from Video [I know the MP3 is good and the Voice recording and Radio Sucks] I [And all my peers] want to know if the Emulators are good. This is the big one everybody wants to know but no info on.

MAKE THE YOUTUBE VIDEO OF THESE PLEASE!

Thank you drive thru....

Solstice

« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2010, 05:27:00 am »
Yep, ordered mine from Hopebuy -- awaiting them to get back to me for Paypal payment, but hopefully that'll happen soon!

It looks like a potentially good device. Found the review mentioned in the original post already, but that's about the only review out there for it. No screenshots/photos of the OS anywhere, but according to the sales packaging it'll be some PSP-style knock off, possibly like the native Dingoo OS.

I'm not expecting the device to be an open system, but if it's no good it'll be something to pass over to my nephews to play with once I'm done with a teardown/review!
Yeah i was thinking about getting my nephew a dingoo also, but if theres something cheaper that plays GBA fine,ill buy the lil monster one :)
Dingoo A320 stock 1.2 + Gmenu

PSP slim 2002 Gen 5.50 D3 Prom4

mrkingoo

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2010, 08:53:47 am »
Mostly I want to know about the Video Resolution. The Dingoo has the resolution of 320X240 and any video that has the resolution over 320x240 will most likey lag in the video,

Bit OT but in my experience as long as bitrate isnt too high (above 900kbps or so) and vid resolution isnt larger than around 700 pixels wide video plays fine on the A320. This with xvid encoded video

LetCool

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2010, 01:09:11 am »
Mostly I want to know about the Video Resolution. The Dingoo has the resolution of 320X240 and any video that has the resolution over 320x240 will most likey lag in the video,

Bit OT but in my experience as long as bitrate isnt too high (above 900kbps or so) and vid resolution isnt larger than around 700 pixels wide video plays fine on the A320. This with xvid encoded video
Gonna try that thanks!
Anways, the controller seems to be a little too small for me. It's a super Nintendo controller but the D-pad and Buttons pushed the Start and Select buttons up. And I hope the wire is more than 3 feet. Cannot sit that damn close to a tv even with a little help from the AV-cable it still wouldn't help.

quartercast

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2010, 02:04:26 pm »

Hey what status is your order? Mine said "Received shipped" for a few  days now, but no tracking number nothing.

omgmog

• * Administrator
  • Doesn't sleep.
    • omgmog.net
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2010, 03:00:39 pm »

Hey what status is your order? Mine said "Received shipped" for a few  days now, but no tracking number nothing.

"Order state: Received Shipped
Post Date: 2010-5-26"

also, no tracking number for me, but the order info says "Post method   DHL"

gibberish

« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2010, 03:41:06 pm »

1wiierdguy

« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2010, 12:37:42 am »
 Got a message from Goldenbridge.hk about a day and 1/2 after ordering that they were out of stock on black(which i ordered). They said they had white if I wanted to swap. Of course I did.So my order was delayed by a couple of days due to exchange of emails. Marked as shipped on saturday.Used UPS so will have in 3-5 days.

Frank_fjs (OP)

• My simple Dingoo web site
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2010, 08:19:27 am »
Thanks for the heads up gibberish.

So far so good, looks to be a very promising device. Wish it had native support for mame, capcom & neo-geo, I would snap it up in a heartbeat if it did.

gibberish

« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2010, 08:24:24 am »
for me the handheld is ruined by the fact that the shoulder buttons only change volume in games. that rules out GBA and SNES pretty much, my 2 favourite machines.

Kronus

• * Former Staff
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2010, 02:22:14 pm »
One born of a dragon
Bearing darkness and light,
Shall rise to the heavens
Over the still land.
The moon's light eternal
Brings a promise to Earth
With bounty and grace.

;D

So much promise from China PMPs nowadays.
"I'm happy to serve the Dingoo Community!"

Frank_fjs (OP)

• My simple Dingoo web site
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2010, 02:27:16 pm »
for me the handheld is ruined by the fact that the shoulder buttons only change volume in games. that rules out GBA and SNES pretty much, my 2 favourite machines.

Agreed, hopefully this can be resolved as it seems like an error. At least it works properly with the external control pads.

SiENcE

• Crank Gaming (Dingux Apps)
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2010, 02:42:30 pm »
And if Linux is possible, it can be mapped in emus.

mrdomino

« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2010, 07:33:43 pm »

Agreed, hopefully this can be resolved as it seems like an error. At least it works properly with the external control pads.
Yeah, I'd say its fixable - the L/R buttons don't adjust volume in the menus whereas the +/- buttons do, so its not a case of L/R just being hardwired to +/-.

omgmog

• * Administrator
  • Doesn't sleep.
    • omgmog.net
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2010, 02:38:58 am »
Seems my Letcool is in the country (UK), but as it's a holiday weekend I won't get it until Tuesday! (unless DHL delivery on bank holidays.. I hope they do)

10basetom

• tohodo.com
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2010, 07:40:28 am »
Man, if Linux is possible on this thing, I can smell a Letcoolity.org site coming. *Wishful thinking*