Author Topic: letcool at dealextreme - $90 shipped  (Read 9480 times)

gibberish (OP)

• Obscure Handhelds
letcool at dealextreme - $90 shipped
« on: August 16, 2010, 10:49:09 am »

gibberish (OP)

• Obscure Handhelds
Re: letcool at dealextreme - $90 shipped
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 01:00:16 pm »
total including postage for UK customers at chinavasion is ?56.53.
the price at dealextreme is $90.50 which translates to ?59.44 with paypal conversion rate.

for a difference of ?2.91 i know where i'd rather shop! chinavasion customer service is pretty much non-existant. dx CS is not great but it's leaps and bounds better than chinavasions.

eule

• * Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 01:02:57 pm »
Well, I got my Dingoo from Chinavision and it was here in less than two weeks... Compare with DX? up to 6 weeks.  :P

Also from the Chinavision link:
I understand similar portable handhelds can be modified to run Linux, can the Letcool N350JP run Linux?

Maybe. If you are a hobbyist and are interested in porting Linux and other software or emulators to the Letcool N350JP, then please contact us! We would be happy to provide you with support!! Contact Gareth or Daniel at [email protected]
;D

gibberish (OP)

• Obscure Handhelds
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 01:13:22 pm »
i got my first dingoo from dx in 8 days. the second arrived in 11 days. can't say fairer than that!
btw gareth and daniel are no help, i already spoke with them.

Splavinho

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 01:35:27 pm »
total including postage for UK customers at chinavasion is ?56.53.
the price at dealextreme is $90.50 which translates to ?59.44 with paypal conversion rate.

for a difference of ?2.91 i know where i'd rather shop! chinavasion customer service is pretty much non-existant. dx CS is not great but it's leaps and bounds better than chinavasions.

I didn't see delivery cost - over 20 Euro. Pretty much. When i bought my dingoo at chinavasion delivery cost was about 8 euro.

Including delivery diferrence betwenn dealextreme and chinavasion are not important

eule

• * Former Staff
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 01:40:12 pm »
i got my first dingoo from dx in 8 days. the second arrived in 11 days. can't say fairer than that!
btw gareth and daniel are no help, i already spoke with them.
That?s quite good indeed! I always read "bah, DX is so slow, my package is not here after a month" and stuff, that?s why i wrote this...
You spoke with Gareth and Daniel about the Letcool or about other stuff? Maybe they have some documents of interest.  ;D

gibberish (OP)

• Obscure Handhelds
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2010, 01:49:49 pm »
i've never waited longer than 3 weeks for anything from dx, and i've spent a LOT of money there over the past 2 years!

yeah i spoke to g&d about letcool, but they cannot help. they either can't or won't help to hack the device and have no information of interest for the community. they said they were having a meeting with the letcool team in china and would try to get info from them, but that was weeks ago and they said nothing since then. in the end they don't care as long as they sell some units, pretty much the same for any business. if the thing gets hacked it'll be because of hard working community hackers and nobody else i think!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 01:52:34 pm by gibberish »

eule

• * Former Staff
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 02:22:10 pm »
I see, thanks fo your investigation.  ;D
Too bad those chinese companies don?t recognize that open source could really help them. If they can?t get it right, the community has to, but it needs a chance!
The reason i see "only" complaints about DX is probably that customers with short waiting times don?t go to the Internet and post about it...  :)

gibberish (OP)

• Obscure Handhelds
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2010, 02:34:50 pm »
yep exactly, people like to complain  ;D

renejr902

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2010, 09:27:49 am »
i want to buy it, but someone told me the letcool lcd brightness is like a DS phat. and Ds phat lcd screen brightness really suck ! what do you think ? is it backlit ? i dont want a frontlit screen like a ds phat !! Can someone describe the lcd screen quality with more details. you can compare it to gp2x, ds lite, ds phat, gba sp frontlight or backlight.
lcd screen quality is important to me. it has to be at least good at gp2x. gp2x lcd brightness was not great
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 09:34:14 am by renejr902 »

Cannibal

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2010, 01:26:52 pm »
I ordered from Hopebuy for $96 after shipping and got it in six days. Pretty good I think :)

RoseLi-Chinavasion

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2010, 02:10:06 am »
@splavinho & eule - we're glad you guys are pleased, we try to ship as fast as possible so it's nice to hear good feedback. Cheers!

If anyone has any questions about customer service please ask. When you speak about any company's CS, but simply say that it is poor, how can there ever be an improvement?

eule

• * Former Staff
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2010, 01:01:11 pm »
Hey RoseLi, good to see you here. I was indeed quite pleased with your shipping, didn?t need to stress your support though, so i can?t tell if it?s good.  ;) The Dingoo is still going strong after 1 year and 3 months, awesome for a 85$ device.

Can you maybe nag the manufacturer of the Letcool to open the device for hackers?
I.e. give sources for the emulators, the bootloader, info about the cpu and all such stuff...
I know it?s asked much, but i?m sure it?d improve sales a lot if people got Linux running on it. It?d be the first open handheld with two player support, good reason to buy! ;D
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 01:02:42 pm by eule »

gibberish (OP)

• Obscure Handhelds
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2010, 03:14:54 pm »
not a cat in hells chance eule. such a shame  :(

quartercast

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2010, 10:53:45 pm »
Another site selling the Letcool, this time in Australia. Price tag is AU$130
http://www.proxiblue.com.au/lifestyle/letcool-multiplatform-handheld-gaming-entertainment-station.html

Interestingly, I found this familiar statement in their product description:
I understand similar portable handhelds can be modified to run Linux, can the Letcool N350JP run Linux?
Maybe. If you are a hobbyist and are interested in porting Linux and other software or emulators to the Letcool N350JP, then please contact us! We would be happy to provide you with support!! Contact Gareth or Daniel at [email protected]

renejr902

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2010, 10:54:00 pm »
i just bought it on ebay. from etronixmart at 85$ including shipping cost

thanks a lot for help. 

davdud101

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2010, 11:08:54 pm »
$85? ANyone see about the MiShark64? It's the smae thing except rebranded and about $50 cheaper! see it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szHC8N20SXM&feature=related
http://armdevices.net/2010/07/14/mishark64-is-a-36-video-games-emulator/

Harteex

• * Administrator
    • Harteex Productions
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2010, 04:10:58 pm »
$85? ANyone see about the MiShark64? It's the smae thing except rebranded and about $50 cheaper! see it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szHC8N20SXM&feature=related
http://armdevices.net/2010/07/14/mishark64-is-a-36-video-games-emulator/

It seems like that price is from the factory, not end consumer price.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic