Author Topic: Letcool and a mac  (Read 3734 times)

Cannibal

Letcool and a mac
« on: August 14, 2010, 04:31:41 am »
I have a mac and the letcool isn't letting me copy anything via usb. Is this normal?

darfgarf

Re: Letcool and a mac
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 09:31:17 am »
No, you have a mac :p

Sorry, couldn't resist, is it actually detected when plugged in? (type dmesg in the terminal just after and it should say something like new usb somethingorother, and give a /dev node)

Cannibal

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 02:07:50 pm »
It recognizes it but I only have read-only access. Thanks for the terminal suggestion but here's the message it gives me:

Unable to obtain kernel buffer: Operation not permitted
usage: sudo dmesg

Not the end of the world, looks like I'm stuck using the mini-sd card :P

eule

• * Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 02:24:22 pm »
Did you try typing "sudo dmesg"?
sudo = admin access (atleast on Ubuntu)

darfgarf

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 04:51:48 pm »
eule, sudo has been sudo forever, and since osx is just bsd in a fancy jacket, it still does

(you can also start any mac, hold down cloverleaf and x to get a root console XD)

eule

• * Former Staff
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 05:19:30 pm »
I see, didn?t know about it?s BSD roots, but i heard it was a UNIX system before. I?m a Linux noob, i read sudo and think Ubuntu...  ;D
Hope my advice wasn?t wrong. :-X

(Un)fortunately i don?t get my hands on Macs very often, last time was, err, 10 years ago on an iMac, and i hated it. Went home, switched on my old Amiga and played the shit out of it, happy times. Then came the PC and i sold it, silly me.  :'(
What a luck i can relieve my memories on the Dingoo now.  :D

Cannibal

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 01:24:43 pm »
Thanks for the help everyone. I'm using a MicroSD card instead and that's working just fine. With all the files I've put on my Letcool the 4GB internal memory just wasn't enough :)

Post a new topic
Post a new topic