• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: JXD100 firmware problem  (Read 5636 times)

plwh (OP)

JXD100 firmware problem
« on: December 19, 2015, 11:24:16 am »
Hello. This is my first post (hope not last  :) ) here. I've been using the console for about a week and everything was fine. Yesterday I decided to update the firmware to a newer one (silly me  ;D) because I thought it would improve performance. Performance did not change at all, but the icons became in Chinese(even though I changed language in menu to English). I tried reverting back to the original firmware (100DL-PDK151-yb0621EN) which I downloaded from JXD official site, but the console doesn't enter the menu - it just shows JXD logo. I would appreciate if somebody having JXD100 working with the English firmware can create a dump of it - instructions on this link - http://handheld.freeforums.org/dump-t7.html (have in mind they are in Russian though, probably have to use Google Translate). I hope somebody responds  ;D

EDIT: I've tried dumping the firmware on my device using the method described in the link above and it just won't work, so I guess the latest firmware you can put on JXD100 is the one with the Chinese icons - located here.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 10:06:33 pm by plwh »

dopex

Re: JXD100 firmware problem
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 04:15:01 pm »
hi plwh

had the same problem ... after 25 mails with the jdx support they send me a new firmware

https://mega.nz/#!c900SboL!aBSeoV7uHFFE9IXA7BJFUX81Xl7FIxZyrxas3iEHmR4

the support is not the best they are not able to upload it to the official page  ::)

its the latest english firmware with no games
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 04:17:50 pm by dopex »

plwh (OP)

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 08:18:30 pm »
I've tested the firmware and it works great! I tried emailing jxd support as well but they never gave me a meaningful answer, so kudos to you!  :)

PackRat

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 01:57:56 pm »
Thanks for this post plwh & big thanks for the file dopex. My Mrs. & I have each had these for a couple of years now and love 'em but it would be so nice to lose the Chinese from the screen... The factory games aren't important to us.
Could you guys point me to instructions on updating the firmware? It's been a while and a couple of emergency desktop changes since I've done any fiddling with these and all of my cranial and digital information on the JXD100 has been hopelessly lost.

plwh (OP)

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2016, 09:49:46 pm »
Hello PackRat,
in order to install the new firmware onto the device follow these steps:
1. Download the firmware installation program which I have uploaded here - https://goo.gl/B2a6H5
2. Unpack the archive and open FRM.exe
3. Where it says "Boot code" make sure it is pointing at the file named "Images_8050C_LVCMOS_CL25_JXD_PULL_HI_0609.img"
4. Where it says "Resource + Binary file" make sure it is pointing to the file dopex has uploaded which is the firmware itself.
5. Now turn off the device (if it is turned on). Press and hold the "X" button and connect it with a cable to the computer.
6. If everything is done properly you will see "Dev0 Connected" but the screen on the device won't turn on.
7. Now click on the "ISP" button. Wait until the firmware installs.
8. Finally disconnect the device and click the reset button once. After that just turn on your device and it will boot into the new firmware. Enjoy!

P.S. Make sure you backup everything from the device, because the new firmware will format its memory!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 09:53:00 pm by plwh »