• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: JXD A1000 Firmware  (Read 12206 times)

exodus (OP)

JXD A1000 Firmware
« on: March 17, 2014, 01:52:34 am »
Is anyone working with the latest JXD Firmware for the A1000? The one from the jxd.hk website breaks my player. From my understand Jxd v1000 has a different hardware CPU/CAM/PCB etc.

SEA

Re: JXD A1000 Firmware
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 09:07:01 pm »

angelox

• AXClassic Online
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 12:21:35 am »
When I had my A1000, I found this thread;
http://dingoowip.blogspot.com/2012/11/better-spmp8000-homebrewing-and-pc.html
and the TX16 emulator this person ported worked on some games. The source is posted too, for anyone who wants to fool around with it.

I liked the A1000 a lot; simple, lightweight, very portable. Gave it to my grandson (might just buy myself another one).   

Ventrue533

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 12:42:41 pm »
Hey!

I have a really weird problem here. I have updated my A1000 with the firmware that was linked here. (A1000GB-UOA-BTR-YB20120406-8110C-100C-CG0307-NOFM)

I am able to use the machine, and all the features are working fine, except the camera. It says the device is not ready. I have went through all the possible values for SENSOR in USERCONFIG.BIN, but none of them worked. If the value is set to 0, 7, 9 or 10 the device just crashes without any error messages.

Another weird thing is that the rectangle and the select button are now mapped together. No matter which one I press the device registers input from both buttons, which is really annoying when I try to play SNES games. Oh yeah, and the rectangle is and triangle are wrongly mapped for SNES. They should be swapped, but I can't seem to do it, as there is no button config in the USERCONFIG.BIN.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 12:45:00 pm by Ventrue533 »

angelox

• AXClassic Online
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 01:37:31 pm »
Those firmwares look old (look at the dates), I think they are just older updates (I could be wrong, don't understand the language) - I don't think anyone has made any custom firmware for this device. You should probably update with JXDs latest firmware;
http://www.jxd.hk/download.asp?selectclassid=020 (   A1000_20130531)
It probably won't show, soon the same page, do a firmware search for A1000.
I used this firmware, it also has more English and less Chinese text.

Ventrue533

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 04:47:17 pm »
Thanks, I have tried it, the menu is in English now, but the apart from that nothing changed. Also, that firmware is as old as the above one judging from its name. (A1000EN-UOA-BTR-YB20120406-8110C-100C-CG0307-NOFM)

I think the source of my problem lies within the kernel, but I have no idea how to acces it.

angelox

• AXClassic Online
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 07:56:05 pm »
Ok well, I'm starting to remember now, haven't had A1000 for a while. I know  your problem with SNES, I had it too. I did manage to solve it with games I was playing (for example, Super Metroid), as the the games that allow you to re-configure buttons, are fixable.
Here's a quote of a review I had posted for A1000, there's a few things here that will help you (be sure to read it all, as I kept updating and fixing things that I at first thought were un fixable);
I bought this solely for the gaming features, and it was well worth the investment. Those of you who are complaining about the language, the system is not at all hard to understand and plenty of links on the net on how to use it. If you like and miss the "good'ol" games, this will put you back where you want to be, and is worth the trouble of learning how to deal with it.
Brinstar, here I come!(again).

UPDATE:
Been playing/testing for a few days, so now I can be more of a critic :)
Like I said - I only use this for the games, so with me, it's about the games.
-GBA is almost if not perfect, no problems here
-NES everything works, but there's some ghosting in the action games due to frame skip. Still playable.
-SMD (Genesis), what I played ran OK with little ghosting
The latter three are what is recommended by the makers but, it will also play SNES, and what I thought would be the same as GBA but is not: GB (regular old, Gameboy).

-SNES would work fine but there's a problem with the buttons; for example in Super Metroid once you get the rockets, the game is over for you, as the buttons are crossed and you will fire rockets (regardless what you try), tell they run out.
-GB, old Gamboy games would work fine, only you can't auto-save or even quit the game; attempts to bring up the needed menu for save or quit will freeze the system and you have to use the hard-reset button and bail out.

NES, GB games stretch pixels to fit the widescreen, and old GB games remind me of the second generation black and white gameboys. I can live with all that, but too bad I can't save the GB games :(

I think this is a system still in the works and hopefully the makers will finish it up. I still think I got my moneys worth and enjoy all what I can do with it as it is now.
I would be willing to buy a newer model of the Jxd A1000 (pay another 50 bucks), for an updated version with these minor problems fixed.

SECOND UPDATE:
-SNES games that have the option for swapping button arrangements will work fine afterwards.
-Old, Black and White Gamboy games work fine, so long as you don't attempt use the "save" feature.

I hardly could find any game related info on this system, and is why I'm posting what I figure out as I play.

Too bad this system doesn't include an option for adjusting frame skip, as it seems the internal emulator(s) are set to "auto-skip" which sometimes doesn't work the same with all games, and probably not needed on most of these games.

THIRD UPDATE:
I just realized the problem with the old gameboy games is not the game, but is with the extension the ROM is in- I think the the menu that pops up for auto save/load, change games, etc, is not part of the emulator. So, although the .gb game works, auto-save menu does not recognize roms with .gb extension and freezes up. Since it does work fine with .gbc extension (gameboy color), and .gbc/.gb games are basically the same, I renamed the .gb roms to .gbc and that solved the problem; It all worked fine after that.

Also, I had some .BIN files for Sega Genesis were not being seen, just renamed the extension to .SMD, problem solved.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 08:08:20 pm by angelox »

h1423714

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2015, 05:17:12 pm »
I am able to use the machine, and all the features are working fine, except the camera. It says the device is not ready.

Hello. I have the same problem, does anyone know how to fix it? I got the firmware from http://www.jxdofficial.com/firmware Well, the camera isn't anything special but still, I'd like it to be functional.

Also, I'd like the emulators to not do smoothing and stretch the image. I'd like them 1x (or 2x if fits in screen) centered on screen without any effects.

Abd btw, I see Radio related files in firmware. Does A1000 have radio features and if so, can it also be activated somehow?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 05:19:59 pm by h1423714 »

Post a new topic
Post a new topic