Author Topic: Just Got my Letcool  (Read 3023 times)

Ant1975

Just Got my Letcool
« on: March 26, 2011, 09:43:07 pm »
Hi All,

Just got mine. Having some teething problems though. Updated Firmware with that russian guys firmware. Sat down with mate to play PGA Tour Golf on megadrive and the damn thing wont let you create new players and it crashes when you start a game. Any workarounds? Game works fine if you select computer controlled players.

Any idea which firmware i should be using, bit confused really which is best.

A

Xenrid

Re: Just Got my Letcool
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 05:20:00 am »
Hey Ant1975

I don't know of any workarounds other than, perhaps, trying to obtain a different version of the PGA Tour Golf rom.  Megadrive/Genesis emulation has been pretty good on the Letcool, in my experience, so hopefully a different dump of the same game or one for a different country may work better for you, but that's just a shot in the dark. 

As for firmware, the lsd_blottr (that russian guy) custom 2.2 firmware is great in my opinion.  You can try the 3.1 Defender firmware provided by 1wiierdguy but several people, including myself, found that it moved their screen off-center after a system repower so don't be surprised if the same happens to you.  Flahing back to lsd_blotter's custom firmware should correct this issue if you encounter it.  Someone reported that the 3.1 firmware showed improved emulation performace, but I didn't find any evidence of this in my brief testing of SNES games.  Perhaps I just tested the wrong games or the wrong system.

I would suggest sitting tight with the firmware you have for now.  Hopfuelly someone will continue to develop firmware with improved performace for this device.