• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Is my SPMP8000 a brick or something can still be done ?  (Read 5984 times)

KISSbestfan (OP)

Is my SPMP8000 a brick or something can still be done ?
« on: November 12, 2020, 10:21:53 pm »
Hello everyone.

So, lately my SPMP8000 started to have problems with booting. Sure, it is old by now, and it was quite laggy even when I bought it some time ago, but right now it doesnt boot anymore. I'm guessing its because I overloaded it with games, even though I still had half of a flash memory empty.

My console is an unbranded clone, but as far as I'm aware its the same one as "PSP MP5". It had the same menu as this one:

I thought about re-flashing the FW, but couldnt find anything related to this console. I tried with Letcool FW I found somewhere, but without luck. I'm even not sure which one is the "magic button" or the combination. I tried pressing the "triangle" button, as well as all four buttons while powering up.

Doubt it has anything to do with the screen, but if it does, then I could try to turn on TV mode. I'm just not sure what steps I should follow (blindly) to do so, so if anyone has the same console (or with the same menu) I'd be glad for the tip.

If anything goes wrong then I'd just have to let it be. I didnt paid much for it in the first place, so I can't complain. I'm just the type of guy who likes to give the second chance (more about it in another threads)

Thanks

Post a new topic
Post a new topic