Author Topic: Wish list apps or games for the RS90  (Read 22016 times)

ace9094

Re: Please a media player that works on RetroMini RS-90.
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2019, 10:25:31 pm »
First of all a greeting  ;),
I think it is very important a media player in the RetroMini, with the original firmware you could play music and video without any problem, I used it as a multimedia device, but now with the new firmware, I only found an opk GMU that does not play anything correctly, for example with an mp3 file there are continuous cuts  ???. https://mega.nz/#F!howVFYyL!uHD_8KPC-hySEHoRqAQJRw. Originally the ingenic chips were manufactured for multimedia players (audio and video), I do not understand that the functionality in this device is lost  :'(

Welcome !! :)

I would like to see a good solid media player that supports lots of media formats /codecs... I found many files do not play well across ingenic devices, which is a shame really.
Dingoo A320, GCW0, RS-97 x2, Revo-K101, RS-90, PSP, GameGadget, New 3DS 128GB, PS Vita 200GB, RS-45, Gamebox Advance and a few other obscure devices

PhenomX

Re: Wish list apps or games for the RS90
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2019, 08:02:33 pm »
Thanks ace9094, we really need a wearable media player, recovering the functionality of the original operating system, it was not the best in the world  ::) but it worked .
A functional player, and a more stable version of the latest opendingux available that does not hang constantly and an emulator for neogeo pocket would be great.
But well I understand that one thing behind the other, any of the improvements will be welcome.

Surkow

• * Administrator
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2019, 08:19:07 pm »
Thanks ace9094, we really need a wearable media player, recovering the functionality of the original operating system, it was not the best in the world  ::) but it worked .
A functional player, and a more stable version of the latest opendingux available that does not hang constantly and an emulator for neogeo pocket would be great.
But well I understand that one thing behind the other, any of the improvements will be welcome.
Can you give more information and context about what is leading up to the system hanging?

PhenomX

« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2019, 09:25:12 pm »
It happens with OpenDingux release 2019.06.01, the console is the v3 version that contained 169 games in the Chinese firm, the flash chip is the hynix model. I think it is the model that is currently manufactured.

Freezing occurs very frequently with the reGBA emulator, sometimes when playing a game for the first time and more frequently when leaving one and opening another the probability of freezing increases.

With temper, smsplus, picodrive spend less, but it also happens.
When using chocolate doom it hangs with large wad's, the GMU player is not usable, mp3 sound cuts are heard every few seconds, I don't know if it is due to the same problem.

Sometimes reGBA crashes shortly after starting the game, there are others that almost never fail, I think there is a problem with memory management.

Rarely when starting the machine for the first time it also freezes before starting the graphic environment, when it is turned on again it is solved. Always turn off the console before the menu option, maybe that is the reason that sometimes causes the retromini not to start after a long period of time off.

I do not know if all this comes from the new memory compression system, it is impossible that it is a console problem, with the original Chinese firmware I never failed or hung up (I have used it for many months without problems). With the old firmware, emulate almost 200 roms of GameBoy Advance and when one was not compatible it simply went to the Chinese menu, it never froze.

The Watchdog never seems to work, you have to force the shutdown manually, which can cause excessive wear of the switch.

I don't know if there is any way to disable memory compression in case this is the problem.

I hope to provide enough details, greetings Surkow.

Surkow

• * Administrator
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2019, 12:23:57 am »
Thanks for the extensive response. This could be a RAM or NAND corruption issue. Did you experience any issues with the initial firmware release or did you only install the most recent version? Perhaps @pcercuei can give a more insightful response.

PhenomX

« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2019, 05:22:20 pm »
In the previous version 2019.05.17 it did not happen, the days I was using that version, the console did not work badly. The disadvantage of returning to the previous version would be to lose all the improvements of that revision, among them the easy access to the internal flash memory or that the values were saved as the brightness when turning it off.

pcercuei

• My devblog
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2019, 03:39:34 pm »
I'll try to make a new FW when Linux 5.4 is released, in about 3 weeks.

« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2019, 03:58:39 pm »
I'll try to make a new FW when Linux 5.4 is released, in about 3 weeks.

That would be really appreciated. Most of the device works well. If only we could turn it off without problem, keep the lightning settings and find a way to indicate low battery, would be amazing.

PhenomX

« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2019, 01:18:43 pm »
Great, thanks for continuing to support the little RetroMini and the community  :D

« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2019, 06:40:23 pm »
is there a text reader for this version of RS90 Opendingux?

Tonic

« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2019, 04:55:54 pm »
Does anyone know where is the source of those GMU packages in Jutley's repository? I believe I found why these sound cuts happen. The mpg123 library needs to be rebuilt.

I guess repackaging opk file with the new library should to the trick, but that's not very free software way of doing things.

pcercuei

• My devblog
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2019, 06:37:23 pm »
If GMU is compiled dynamically, as OS developers strongly suggest and as any sane person would do, then it's a matter of fixing the mpg123 library in the rootfs.

GMU's website is https://wej.k.vu/category/gmu/

Tonic

« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2019, 10:32:16 pm »
Haven't seen these libraries in rootfs (using OpenDingux release 2019.05.17 on my device). Usually they are bundled inside the opk/ipk/etc package with LD_LIBRARY_PATH set through shell script.

What I meant to say is that publishing modified opk without source will probably violate GPL licence. I guess it's not the right place to discuss such things, sorry.

pcercuei

• My devblog
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2019, 12:08:55 pm »
Haven't seen these libraries in rootfs (using OpenDingux release 2019.05.17 on my device). Usually they are bundled inside the opk/ipk/etc package with LD_LIBRARY_PATH set through shell script.
Now that the MP3 patents expired I can add it to the rootfs. What is the fix you were talking about?

What I meant to say is that publishing modified opk without source will probably violate GPL licence. I guess it's not the right place to discuss such things, sorry.

Yes, unfortunately some people seem to think that "open" in "open consoles" just means "custom firmware", and don't try to play by the rules.

Tonic

« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2019, 06:59:15 pm »
What is the fix you were talking about?
Haven't thought of or looked upon anything yet, just noticed that this gmu build plays any other formats just fine, except for mp3.

I'll just try to adapt it again using the RS-97 port as a template then.

Update: It was built without the "--with-cpu=generic_nofpu" configure flag.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 12:46:44 am by Tonic »

« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2019, 07:54:58 pm »
can we have all the gcw emulators, that aren't yet on the rs90, such as:

Caprice32 (Amstrad)
DCaSTaway (Atari ST)
FBA - Final Burn Alpha (Arcade Machine/NeoGeo)
Race (NeoGeo Pocket)
UnrealSpeccy (ZX-Spectrum)
Vectrex (Dingux-Vectrex Port)
Mame4all (Multiple Arcade)

i wish, this could come true

PhenomX

« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2019, 06:10:43 pm »
Neo-Geo Pocket would be great if it were emulated in the RetroMini. I do not see the problem, the RS-90 has a 240x160 screen and the NG Pocket 160x152, in terms of power I think it would be left over. Do you think it would be possible?  ;)

kokokool (OP)

« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2020, 06:57:58 am »
I already have a MAME4ALL v2.0 build on this.

The limiting factor is really the RS90's screen size vs the emulated game screen size.
Hey! Long time no see

Can you share mame4all v2.0 you had?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

kokokool (OP)

« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2020, 07:53:26 am »
can we have all the gcw emulators, that aren't yet on the rs90, such as:

Caprice32 (Amstrad)
DCaSTaway (Atari ST)
FBA - Final Burn Alpha (Arcade Machine/NeoGeo)
Race (NeoGeo Pocket)
UnrealSpeccy (ZX-Spectrum)
Vectrex (Dingux-Vectrex Port)
Mame4all (Multiple Arcade)

i wish, this could come true
Race exists i guess

Mame4all or ST could the best thing that rs90 could have

kokokool (OP)

« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2020, 08:57:01 pm »
Jonathan Holmes has released Midnight Wild for the LDK Game and Bittboy, might be a good fit for the RS-90 given it was originally an Arduboy game and has tiny resolution requirements. Source is on his site here:
http://crait.net

No source = No port.

That being said, i could ask him for a copy of it but i probably won't bother.
I spoke to jonathan and he said:

Hey, Daniel! I'm actually getting really excited to start porting my games to new systems, actually, so it's super coincidental that you've messaged me!

Currently, I'm looking to port Circuit Dude (and maybe Midnight Wild) to Windows CE 3, Palm OS 4.0, RG-350, PS Vita, and maybe the Gamebuino Meta and ODROID. I'm planning to live stream most of this on my YouTube channel, too! http://www.youtube.com/crait

I'm thinking that the systems I game dev on will be decided by viewer choice of some kind. This will also be done after Circuit Dude is officially sent off to Nintendo for the Switch and I finish my current PS Vita Unity board game

Sorry for the ramble, but I don't think Wii will be a system I'd find enjoyable to work with because I like to work with handheld systems. I also don't own a Wii. :P

For the RS-90, I do not have one... But, i have heard that the RS-90 uses the same binaries as the LDK Game. Perhaps I may be thinking of the RS-97/RG-300.... I also don't have an RS-90, so I really couldn't work on that, either.