Author Topic: Wish list apps or games for the RS90  (Read 22576 times)

kokokool (OP)

Wish list apps or games for the RS90
« on: May 30, 2019, 07:23:54 pm »
First of all thanks to everyone who spent the hard and tedious work to port apps, games and emulators to the RS90. Considering the great amount of handhelds out there and waay more powerful than this device, having the RS90 flashed and be able to have better gaming compatibility, as well as unimaginable ports, is a dream come true, personally.

I would like to open this topic and dedicate it to everyone who does not even have the expertise in programming at this stage but also, who wants to think about ports that are missing for this machine. If there's some game/app/emulator that is already ported, please feel free to quote and share the link.

Wish list?

- Atari 2600/800xl - Stella?

- Mame (romset 0.37b5 or 0.74), FBA, CPS1-CPS2

- SNES

- Wonderswan

- MSX

- Dosbox

- Nes (better audio/performance compatibility)

- Java games

- Open Tyrian

- Quake1-2

- Scummvm

- A Simple Calculator (as it is)

- Commodore64 (C64 or Vice)

- ZXSpectrum

Any thoughts?

Great Crippler

Re: Wish list apps or games for the RS90
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 09:02:47 pm »
First of all thanks to everyone who spent the hard and tedious work to port apps, games and emulators to the RS90. Considering the great amount of handhelds out there and waay more powerful than this device, having the RS90 flashed and be able to have better gaming compatibility, as well as unimaginable ports, is a dream come true, personally.

I would like to open this topic and dedicate it to everyone who does not even have the expertise in programming at this stage but also, who wants to think about ports that are missing for this machine. If there's some game/app/emulator that is already ported, please feel free to quote and share the link.

Wish list?

- SNES

- Wonderswan

- MSX

- Dosbox

- Java games

- Open Tyrian

- Quake1-2

- Scummvm

- ZXSpectrum

Any thoughts?

I'll play along for the sake of keeping the conversation going. Personal opinions mostly, but putting in any valid information I might have. I am not a developer or any kind of expert. Again, just keeping the conversation going.

- Atari 2600/800xl - Stella?     -      I personally don't care about this one, but I assume it's possible.

- Mame (romset 0.37b5 or 0.74), FBA, CPS1-CPS2      -     FBA is going to be too much I'd guess. Mame is something I hope Slaanesh gets to. (I think he's working on it)

- SNES     -     Steward in theory has a work in progress going for SNES9X. I'm hoping to have a Beta build in the next several days. It apparently doesn't have sound working yet. Not sure how much to expect.

- Wonderswan     -     I'd like this. I'm sure it's possible, though Gameblabla did mention it might not run well here.

- MSX     -     Steward laughed when Jutleys asked about this one, and then never answered it in detail. I took that as a sign that this would be hard to run, but I don't honestly know.

- Dosbox     -     Another one I don't have any particular interest in, but I assume it would be around Bittboy levels if someone put time in to it.

- Nes (better audio/performance compatibility)     -     I actually prefer the better compatibility to faster speeds. Lowering sound quality, or killing it all together fixes any issues I typically have. So, I wouldn't mind if someone played with Nester or something, but I'm happy here.

- Java games

- Open Tyrian      -     I assume it should be doable. Have you tried the GBA port? (I don't have my RS-90 in front of me)

- Quake1-2     -     Doom, and Wolf3D are already here. I imagine it's doable.

- Scummvm     -     Should be doable, but no idea how good it would be?

- A Simple Calculator (as it is)     -     Hmmm, I can't imagine this would be a problem, but /shrug.

- Commodore64 (C64 or Vice)     -     Euro Computers, and I'm American. Doesn't interest me personally. :)

- ZXSpectrum     -     See my C64 Reply, but even less.

kokokool (OP)

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2019, 09:16:42 pm »

Wish list?

- SNES

- Wonderswan

- MSX

- Dosbox

- Java games

- Open Tyrian

- Quake1-2

- Scummvm

- ZXSpectrum

Any thoughts?

I'll play along for the sake of keeping the conversation going. Personal opinions mostly, but putting in any valid information I might have. I am not a developer or any kind of expert. Again, just keeping the conversation going.

- Atari 2600/800xl - Stella?     -      I personally don't care about this one, but I assume it's possible.

- Mame (romset 0.37b5 or 0.74), FBA, CPS1-CPS2      -     FBA is going to be too much I'd guess. Mame is something I hope Slaanesh gets to. (I think he's working on it)

- SNES     -     Steward in theory has a work in progress going for SNES9X. I'm hoping to have a Beta build in the next several days. It apparently doesn't have sound working yet. Not sure how much to expect.

- Wonderswan     -     I'd like this. I'm sure it's possible, though Gameblabla did mention it might not run well here.

- MSX     -     Steward laughed when Jutleys asked about this one, and then never answered it in detail. I took that as a sign that this would be hard to run, but I don't honestly know.

- Dosbox     -     Another one I don't have any particular interest in, but I assume it would be around Bittboy levels if someone put time in to it.

- Nes (better audio/performance compatibility)     -     I actually prefer the better compatibility to faster speeds. Lowering sound quality, or killing it all together fixes any issues I typically have. So, I wouldn't mind if someone played with Nester or something, but I'm happy here.

- Java games

- Open Tyrian      -     I assume it should be doable. Have you tried the GBA port? (I don't have my RS-90 in front of me)

- Scummvm     -     Should be doable, but no idea how good it would be?

- A Simple Calculator (as it is)     -     Hmmm, I can't imagine this would be a problem, but /shrug.

- Commodore64 (C64 or Vice)     -     Euro Computers, and I'm American. Doesn't interest me personally. :)

- ZXSpectrum     -     See my C64 Reply, but even less.

Thats the purpose mate!!!, make this conversation alive. Theres no other way.
Good summary!

I have MSX through msx2sms tweak and runs pretty well.

From commodore theres just one one i want and that is Panther, thats all.

Dosbox, prince of persia kinda games

Mame perhaps ancient romsets but hope not far from aero fighters.

Lol

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

slaanesh

• Slaanesh Dev
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2019, 01:48:09 am »
I already have a MAME4ALL v2.0 build on this.

The limiting factor is really the RS90's screen size vs the emulated game screen size.

kokokool (OP)

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2019, 01:59:39 am »
I already have a MAME4ALL v2.0 build on this.

The limiting factor is really the RS90's screen size vs the emulated game screen size.

Would you share to test it out?

slaanesh

• Slaanesh Dev
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2019, 02:19:46 am »
There's no front end yet. You would need to ssh into your RS90 and launch games from the command line :)

I'll see if I can do something about a frontend this weekend.

kokokool (OP)

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2019, 02:29:01 am »
There's no front end yet. You would need to ssh into your RS90 and launch games from the command line :)

I'll see if I can do something about a frontend this weekend.

Take your time!
Thanks4all

Sipulka

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2019, 03:53:52 am »

Wolf3D ONLY demo version :(  get more out of it full version it is impossible :(

Great Crippler

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2019, 05:35:48 pm »
I guess it's Tyrian 2000 on GBA, and GBC. I did just test them though. Both Prototype Roms seem to work.

kokokool (OP)

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2019, 10:21:43 pm »
I guess it's Tyrian 2000 on GBA, and GBC. I did just test them though. Both Prototype Roms seem to work.

Completely agree!. Played Tyrian2000 GBA

So, as an update of this:

- SNES   
- MSX     
- Dosbox   
- Java games
- Quake1-2   
- Scummvm   
- ZXSpectrum     

hiei

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2019, 07:41:54 am »

- SNES   
- MSX     
- Dosbox   
- Java games
- Quake1-2   
- Scummvm   
- ZXSpectrum   

Also flash games would be cool to have.

kokokool (OP)

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2019, 09:05:00 pm »

- SNES   
- MSX     
- Dosbox   
- Java games
- Quake1-2   
- Scummvm   
- ZXSpectrum   

Also flash games would be cool to have.

Yes!
Also a screen keyboard to make changes to the cfg files through commander app.

HyperionAlpha

• Zombo com
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2019, 10:41:27 pm »
Me, I'd love to see a Mega Drive emulator, and a video player app. Someone in another thread mentioned PicoDrive for RS-90 but I haven't seen it anywhere?

Great Crippler

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2019, 11:21:20 pm »
Me, I'd love to see a Mega Drive emulator, and a video player app. Someone in another thread mentioned PicoDrive for RS-90 but I haven't seen it anywhere?

https://github.com/steward-fu/rs90

It's with Steward's emulators for the RS-90. Runs decently well, but the resolution looks pretty rough.

kokokool (OP)

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2019, 11:26:15 pm »
Mate, megadeive was already ported to the rs90. Check Jutleys sticky post.

kokokool (OP)

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2019, 11:43:24 pm »
Guys, Any progress in mame4all and snes?

KING_CHODE

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2019, 09:58:49 pm »
1. .txt reader with large file support, with
   The main use case for this would be for reading game walkthroughs such as those found on gamefaqs. Some files are pretty big (https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/gba/930370-final-fantasy-vi-advance/faqs/64374 , 1.6 MiB plaintext), and it would also be convenient to have a bookmark type feature (what line of the file you were on) and a control-f style search would be great.

2. .txt editor (read + write), only needs to work on small files
    It would be nice to be able to make small edits to .cfg files on device, without having to involve another computer.

I'd actually use those two features semi-regularly if they were available. Just for fun:

3. Image viewer
4. Some type of mspaint-style image creator
5. A video player. GBA Video cartridges seem to run fine in ReGBA, so it would seem to have enough grunt for some type of rudimentary playback.

jhonp

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2019, 11:42:54 pm »
Hello, does anyone know who uploaded the snes9x emulator to the rs90?

link for download snes9x: https://mega.nz/#F!howVFYyL!uHD_8KPC-hySEHoRqAQJRw

Great Crippler

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2019, 03:03:42 am »

Assuming that it's the build without sound that doesn't run very well. It's one Steward ported but moved on to other systems before getting very far with it.

jhonp

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2019, 03:14:39 am »

Assuming that it's the build without sound that doesn't run very well. It's one Steward ported but moved on to other systems before getting very far with it.
I understand, someone could continue this work. thanks man.

Post a new topic