First of all thanks to everyone who spent the hard and tedious work to port apps, games and emulators to the RS90. Considering the great amount of handhelds out there and waay more powerful than this device, having the RS90 flashed and be able to have better gaming compatibility, as well as unimaginable ports, is a dream come true, personally.
I would like to open this topic and dedicate it to everyone who does not even have the expertise in programming at this stage but also, who wants to think about ports that are missing for this machine. If there's some game/app/emulator that is already ported, please feel free to quote and share the link.
- Atari 2600/800xl - Stella?
- Mame (romset 0.37b5 or 0.74), FBA, CPS1-CPS2
- Nes (better audio/performance compatibility)
- Java games
- Open Tyrian
- A Simple Calculator (as it is)
- Commodore64 (C64 or Vice)
I'll play along for the sake of keeping the conversation going. Personal opinions mostly, but putting in any valid information I might have. I am not a developer or any kind of expert. Again, just keeping the conversation going.
- Atari 2600/800xl - Stella? - I personally don't care about this one, but I assume it's possible.
- Mame (romset 0.37b5 or 0.74), FBA, CPS1-CPS2 - FBA is going to be too much I'd guess. Mame is something I hope Slaanesh gets to. (I think he's working on it)
- SNES - Steward in theory has a work in progress going for SNES9X. I'm hoping to have a Beta build in the next several days. It apparently doesn't have sound working yet. Not sure how much to expect.
- Wonderswan - I'd like this. I'm sure it's possible, though Gameblabla did mention it might not run well here.
- MSX - Steward laughed when Jutleys asked about this one, and then never answered it in detail. I took that as a sign that this would be hard to run, but I don't honestly know.
- Dosbox - Another one I don't have any particular interest in, but I assume it would be around Bittboy levels if someone put time in to it.
- Nes (better audio/performance compatibility) - I actually prefer the better compatibility to faster speeds. Lowering sound quality, or killing it all together fixes any issues I typically have. So, I wouldn't mind if someone played with Nester or something, but I'm happy here.
- Java games
- Open Tyrian - I assume it should be doable. Have you tried the GBA port? (I don't have my RS-90 in front of me)
- Quake1-2 - Doom, and Wolf3D are already here. I imagine it's doable.
- Scummvm - Should be doable, but no idea how good it would be?
- A Simple Calculator (as it is) - Hmmm, I can't imagine this would be a problem, but /shrug.
- Commodore64 (C64 or Vice) - Euro Computers, and I'm American. Doesn't interest me personally.
- ZXSpectrum - See my C64 Reply, but even less.