• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: SD Card not showing up  (Read 2517 times)

KrisZane (OP)

SD Card not showing up
« on: September 22, 2020, 07:57:18 am »
First of all, I wanna say this distro is amazing, so keep up the great work. :P

I seem to be having issue with my SD Card for some reason, I know it worked in the original FW, but ever since I installed OpenDingux I have not been able to see the SD Card in the explorer or through the USB connection.

What I have tried so far:
  • Formatting to FAT 32kb
  • Formatting to FAT32 16kb (windows 10 no longer has a 32kb option)
  • Using the card blank
  • Using the card with a GAMES folder with roms in it
RetroMini RS-90

pcercuei

• My devblog
Re: SD Card not showing up
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2020, 12:33:34 pm »
Try to use a different tool to format the partition. Cheap SD cards generally come formatted in a non-standard way and in that case windows won't re-format it properly, while a different tool might.

KrisZane (OP)

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2020, 09:54:54 pm »
You sir are a scholar and a gentleman, that fixed the issue. :P
fat16 32kb and now it works everywhere!

Edit: Also it would seem this also fixed the weird slowdowns and laggy menu I have been having. :P
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 10:00:01 pm by KrisZane »
RetroMini RS-90

Kiu Pendragon

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2020, 12:47:08 pm »
You sir are a scholar and a gentleman, that fixed the issue. :P
fat16 32kb and now it works everywhere!

Edit: Also it would seem this also fixed the weird slowdowns and laggy menu I have been having. :P

What program have you used to change your microSD into FAT16 and 32kb?
Al the programs I found don't let me choice FAT16 and 32kb, only let me choice FAT16 64kb
I'm in the same problem as you, it's sooo maddening :(

I copypaste you my original post, I hope you can help me xD

I have put Opendingux, the computer recognizes the console, I have put the emulators for the RS90 in its APPS folder and so far, it recognizes the emulators, but the problem comes with the microSD, I put the roms in their corresponding folders (GB, GBA, SNES, etc) and when I put it in the RS90 and enter the GBA emulator to play Castlevania Circle of the Moon, I did not get the game or the rest either or anything. I get this specifically: a folder called "data", I enter and there are other folders that do not lead me anywhere, I am quite a noob on the subject, it is the first console of this style that I venture to flash, and now I find myself frustrated in front of to what I think is going to be a brick that I will not be able to use :(
A little help !!!

Sorry for my terrible english, i'm foreign xD