Author Topic: OpenDingux update 2020.01.06  (Read 4600 times)

pcercuei (OP)

• My devblog
Re: OpenDingux update 2020.01.06
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2020, 10:13:00 pm »
If you telnet inside the rs90, and do: sudo swapoff /dev/zram0
Does it work any better afterwards?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 11:31:59 pm by pcercuei »

Andij89

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2020, 03:35:00 am »
Almost null crashes, I currently have problems with ports such as doom, hexen and heretic, otherwise, excellent update, in my case I have not noticed slowdowns, if slowdowns in the menu when moving through the different categories.

PhenomX

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2020, 07:00:22 pm »
I have tested it with "sudo swapoff / dev / zram0", to do so I have enabled a password that asked for telnet, there is not much change in speed or fluidity, almost imperceptible, the only difference is that some of the applications that use more ram leave to work if it is deactivated  :-\

pcercuei (OP)

• My devblog
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2020, 08:09:20 pm »
Are you Dr. Slump on my blog or is it someone else?

You'll have to make a comparison video or something, here ReGBA works just as good on the new firmware as it did on the 2019.05.17 one. Same amount of FPS, same smoothness.

You're using my ReGBA port, right?

PhenomX

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2020, 09:26:30 pm »
Yes, I use your ReGBA port, I also use the other user, I could not use it in this forum but it is my usual identifier :) I think you have done a great job on this machine when many did not even want to work for it and went to others more expensive systems.

I take this opportunity to comment that when updating, custom screen backgrounds are lost, I think the folder is deleted when updating, however the added themes if they remain.
I have to remember again where the wallpapers went to put them back, I think I forgot where they went xD

It would be great if there was a thread in the forum where all the downloads available for the console appeared, updated of course, since it is a little crazy to go looking for all the threads if someone has updated or added a new port or game. I say this in case someone reads me and takes note xD

If you allow me the question, could I ask you something related to ReGBA? Games that don't work like Bubble Bobble: Old & New or the NES Classics for GBA among other games, can they ever work in this emulator? In PC or Android emulators these games have no problems for many years ago, do you think it will ever be updated to support them?

Thank you for putting the link to your ReGBA again.

Regards!

Great Crippler

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2020, 10:39:18 pm »
Yes, I use your ReGBA port, I also use the other user, I could not use it in this forum but it is my usual identifier :) I think you have done a great job on this machine when many did not even want to work for it and went to others more expensive systems.

I take this opportunity to comment that when updating, custom screen backgrounds are lost, I think the folder is deleted when updating, however the added themes if they remain.
I have to remember again where the wallpapers went to put them back, I think I forgot where they went xD

It would be great if there was a thread in the forum where all the downloads available for the console appeared, updated of course, since it is a little crazy to go looking for all the threads if someone has updated or added a new port or game. I say this in case someone reads me and takes note xD

If you allow me the question, could I ask you something related to ReGBA? Games that don't work like Bubble Bobble: Old & New or the NES Classics for GBA among other games, can they ever work in this emulator? In PC or Android emulators these games have no problems for many years ago, do you think it will ever be updated to support them?

Thank you for putting the link to your ReGBA again.

Regards!

ReGBA is great because it runs really well on minimal hardware. It's also been nicely upgraded over the last few years. Some of that being reflected in the RS-90 build, and some not so much. That said, the NES Classics are stupidly hardware intensive and you're almost always better off running the NES versions when possible. A handful of other games just don't work, or don't work well. It really is a great choice for about 95% of roms, it's just the other little bit that isn't good. That said, individual dev work on this device is pretty sparse, and the system itself isn't really strong enough for some of the GBA emulators with higher compatibility. Short version of my long-winded reply is basically, that what we have for the device is great, and I wish we'd get more. That said, I am not sure there is a lot to expect moving forward.

PhenomX

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2020, 03:06:23 am »
Custom skins and wallpapers no longer appear, and they are in the usual folders, what is the new route? any solution?  ::)

Andij89

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2020, 04:03:19 am »
Custom skins and wallpapers no longer appear, and they are in the usual folders, what is the new route? any solution?  ::)
media/data/local/home/.gmenu2x/skins/240x160
Is the new path.

Ninoh-FOX

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2020, 08:02:25 am »
hi, I seem to be the only one who has had a panic kernel with the latest update.

The rootfs does work for me, but not the kernel, my RS90 is v21.

I tried to update both by flasher and by update, but it doesn't work.

xsoteria777x

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2020, 12:53:38 pm »
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post but I just want to know if the Gameboy emulator will get better on the rs-90 or is it the best we will ever get?

humming

« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2020, 03:02:39 am »
hi, I seem to be the only one who has had a panic kernel with the latest update.

The rootfs does work for me, but not the kernel, my RS90 is v21.

I tried to update both by flasher and by update, but it doesn't work.

https://boards.dingoonity.org/retrominirs-90/rs-90-panic-when-flashing-flash_v21-bat/

v47

« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2020, 09:18:15 am »
Is inserting/ejecting a tf card while the device is turned on supported? Also, this topic should probably be stickied instead of the 2019 release topic.

Valente

« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2020, 03:29:26 pm »
Well, hello everybody. I'm new to the OpenDingux scene. To tell the truth, am new to the RetroMini scene too. Just got mine on Monday, seen the shitty original firmware, and how bad it performs on it's "only purpose" of emulating GBA or whatever. Frustrating. Started to look for an alternative, in order to not tosse fire on this well-built cute little machine and found this forum. Flashed the most recent OD version and, for god sakes, why the hell isn't it shipped with this incredible firmware? (Thanks for that @pcercuei, great job, incredible. Not all heroes wear a cape, but you should.)

But I've got some recurring issues and, well, I guess reporting it may throw some light on a possible bug or - considering I'm new to it and understand nothing of the subject - may get some help to solve it.

Every now and then, when turning the RetroMini on, something happens during OpenDingux loading and it just stucks on a black screen with a white dash. Restarting the unit through the physical power switch  often solves the problem. Is there any way to avoid it?

Eventually things get stuck on another screen: something about SDL. Also solved via physical power switch restart. What's that and, again, is there a way to avoid it?

Running the Hynix, v2.1 RS-90.

v47

« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2020, 03:57:25 pm »
This did happen with my unit as well, didn't grab a screenshot but very sure about that SDL/no video part. And now that I think about it, I also had that stuck on white dash screen, thought it was caused by the tf card being inserted while booting, but maybe not.

I have a 2.1 unit too (flashed with the 2.1 flasher).
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 04:35:30 pm by v47 »

Valente

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2020, 12:43:19 am »
Suppose you're talking about this.

jhonp

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2020, 01:32:11 am »
Suppose you're talking about this.
happens often to me too

v47

« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2020, 11:03:50 am »
Yes, a black screen with the underscore/dash just being stuck, no blinking.

Retro Enthusiast

« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2020, 03:54:59 pm »
I also have both black screen with underscore or SDL error popping up sometimes. When it boots to menu it runs perfectly. Great work.
RG-350/RG-300/RS-90/Bittboy

« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2020, 01:36:06 pm »
i know one tip, how to fix this:
when the booboo occurs, then turn the device off and back on, or take the battery out and put it after that back in.

Valente

« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2020, 07:39:30 pm »
Ok. So, for now, there's no way to solve and/or avoid it. Thanks for the answer.

Post a new topic