• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: OpenDingux release 2020-10-04  (Read 9070 times)

pcercuei (OP)

• My devblog
OpenDingux release 2020-10-04
« on: October 04, 2020, 07:08:44 pm »

Kiu Pendragon

Re: OpenDingux release 2020-10-04
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2020, 07:25:04 pm »

pcercuei (OP)

• My devblog
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2020, 08:14:08 pm »
How can RS-90 reads my microSD?
See: https://boards.dingoonity.org/retrominirs-90/sd-card-not-showing-up/msg195835/#msg195835

Cluster size doesn't really matter, and it should be FAT32 (although FAT16 works too). What does matter is that the card has a proper partition table. Try to reformat it with a different tool than the default one of Windows.

watchsk94

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2020, 08:34:44 pm »
What a great gift! I'll try it right now and let you know. I hope that zram no longer causes performance issues. I had to flash 2019.05.17 version to get ReGBA work better. Thank you anyway for the great work!

Kiu Pendragon

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2020, 08:48:33 pm »
How can RS-90 reads my microSD?
See: https://boards.dingoonity.org/retrominirs-90/sd-card-not-showing-up/msg195835/#msg195835

Cluster size doesn't really matter, and it should be FAT32 (although FAT16 works too). What does matter is that the card has a proper partition table. Try to reformat it with a different tool than the default one of Windows.

Thanks you!! It seems that now with this update my RS-90 can read all of the SD, the problem is that now it can read only the GBA games...

I have this emulators on my RS-90 APPS folder: https://gameblabla.nl/files/ipk/rs90/

I tried to change the emulator of "gnuboy" by "oh boy" but now with this update my computer (Windows 10) don't recognize the RS-90, I tried to connect it by usb and pressing A and turning on the RS-90 but it doesn't found it. After I tried to use the "USB mode" in the settings of the RS-90, with the RS-90 ON, the computer recognize it and I can access to the folder of the RS-90 (The folder where its the folders: "Apps", "Home" and "Media"), I tried to paste the oh boy.OPK in the folder Apps but the .OPK don't copy in the folder Apps, and just seconds after that the RS-90 always it disconnects itself from USB... I don't know how to do now  :'(

Sorry for my terrible english, i'm foreign xD

watchsk94

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2020, 09:13:17 pm »
First impressions:
Memory usage is so much better. January build used 170/190 mb and it affected the performances of the console. Now it is 102, even lower than 2019 May build. Well done!

Still haven't tried giving it a charge to check if the battery indicator has somehow improved. We're going to see :D

Tests (ReGBA 2019.04.30 overclock 456 MhZ framerate 30 fps boot from original GBA bios):

Pokemon Emerald - January: Several sound glitches during transitions. October: Slight sound glitches during transitions but after the first time they go perfect.
Sword of Mana - January: Several sound glitches, especially while saving. October: nearly perfect emulation.
Final Fantasy VI Advance - January: unplayable at all. Battles were full of sound and graphic glitches, and framerate dropped too much. October: still sound glitch in the transition of the first battle, then it goes quite well!
Crash Bandicoot 2 N Tranced - It ran perfectly on January build, and still does.
The Legend of Zelda The Minish Cap - Same.
Metroid Zero Mission - Same.
Castlevania Aria of Sorrow - Same.
Wario Land 4 - January: Horrible sound glitches and framerate drops at the end of every level. Octorber: almost flawless.
Tales of Phantasia: January: Minor sound glitches without transitions. October: almost flawless.

Overall: this is the ultimate build of this firmware... so far :D Congratulations!
I don't know if the minor issues are caused by poor hardware or ReGBA optimisation. What do you think?

lemmywinks

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2020, 09:30:32 pm »
Downloading now, thanks!!
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, PlayGo, RS-90, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket c/w screen mod, PSP Go
PC:
ASUS TUF, Medion Erazer, Toshiba Z20t, Dell Mini 9, Psion 5MX, Toshiba 3480ct
Tons of other old laptops and tablets.....

VanZan

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2020, 09:53:30 pm »
Don't know if it's me but none of my emulators besides GBA are working since I updated.

Kiu Pendragon

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2020, 10:00:46 pm »
Don't know if it's me but none of my emulators besides GBA are working since I updated.

Yes, me too!! How can we fix this?

pcercuei (OP)

• My devblog
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2020, 10:03:36 pm »
I warned several times not to compile apps statically, otherwise they wouldn't work anymore after an OS update. The apps that are broken now were compiled by people who didn't care. I guess, wait until they are recompiled again.

Kiu Pendragon

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2020, 10:12:35 pm »
I warned several times not to compile apps statically, otherwise they wouldn't work anymore after an OS update. The apps that are broken now were compiled by people who didn't care. I guess, wait until they are recompiled again.

So... We need new .OPK of all the emulators what we had before? If we delete all this emulator and we put again this emulators (.OPK) in a folder into the SD it can work again?

Sorry I don't understand a lot your message xD
Regards!!

watchsk94

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2020, 10:53:57 pm »

So... We need new .OPK of all the emulators what we had before? If we delete all this emulator and we put again this emulators (.OPK) in a folder into the SD it can work again?

Sorry I don't understand a lot your message xD
Regards!!

Guess he said that those emulators were "written" so that they could work only on a specific build. In order to use them again, you're going to have to wait for the developers to release another emulator, compatible with this Opendingux build.

PS. I think it's quite pointless to play anything different from GBC/GBA on this console. Maybe the Game Gear...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 10:56:21 pm by watchsk94 »

v47

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2020, 11:32:01 pm »
For GB/GBC, try the the GnuBoy build from here.

Can someone check whether R-Type III still locks the handheld up (ReGBA) when going ingame?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 11:39:24 pm by v47 »

Kiu Pendragon

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2020, 11:52:25 pm »
For GB/GBC, try the the GnuBoy build from here.

Can someone check whether R-Type III still locks the handheld up (ReGBA) when going ingame?

WOW it works!!! Thanks you very much!!!
I have a .sav of Pok?mon Crystal, do you know how I can load this .sav in this emulator? I tried to load the .sav in "Load state" but it can't load my .sav, the .sav is located at the same folder as Pok?mon Crystal.gb how can I load this .sav?
Thanks you for all and sorry for the inconvenience ^^

gameblabla

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2020, 04:27:27 am »
I have updated all of my OPKs to fix the issue with the new firmware.
Please redownload the new updates here if you download my old ones before :
https://gameblabla.nl/files/ipk/rs90/

I also made other changes too, as Gnuboy had a few issues and was using double buffering instead of  triple etc...
The old OPKs were not working due to the use of fbdev and the old SDL. This is now corrected.

There's a reason why i did this for the RS-90 as it does incur a performance slowdown compared to my (former) statically linked toolchain when using SMS Plus GX and Handy for example.
That being said i hope to use the new 8-bits paletted mode as to decrease the CPU usage a little and especially SMS Plus GX as it spends a lot of time converting from 8-bits to 16bpp. We'll see.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 05:08:25 am by gameblabla »
⚠ WARNING ⚠
If you are using any of my forks, emulators or ports, you are being influenced by propaganda !

Kiu Pendragon

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2020, 10:58:04 am »

I also made other changes too, as Gnuboy had a few issues and was using double buffering instead of  triple etc...
The old OPKs were not working due to the use of fbdev and the old SDL. This is now corrected.

Your .OPK of Gnuboy can read .sav of other emulators? How can I do to play my .sav of Pok?mon Crystal in this emulator?
Regards!!

watchsk94

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2020, 11:27:20 am »

Your .OPK of Gnuboy can read .sav of other emulators? How can I do to play my .sav of Pok?mon Crystal in this emulator?
Regards!!

.sav should be universal. So I guess you only have to move your .sav into the .gnuboy folder, and that's it!

gameblabla

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2020, 12:44:22 pm »
Regards!!
As @watchsk94 said, they should work across all emulators. Save states should work too for the two Gnuboys but it's possible that they might not work well.
⚠ WARNING ⚠
If you are using any of my forks, emulators or ports, you are being influenced by propaganda !

jhonp

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2020, 05:52:27 pm »
Changelog, info, and download links there:
https://zcrc.me/opendingux/2020/10/04/opendingux-release-20201004.html
perfect.
excellent version, fixed many problems, thank you.

Kiu Pendragon

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2020, 08:47:30 pm »

Regards!!

.sav should be universal. So I guess you only have to move your .sav into the .gnuboy folder, and that's it!

Regards!!
As @watchsk94 said, they should work across all emulators. Save states should work too for the two Gnuboys but it's possible that they might not work well.

Thanks you for the repply dudes!! I'm really desperate with this thing, and I don't wanna start again a new game, this .sav is very special I have a lot of shiny pok?mon legally obtained through breeding, its a .sav with many hours :(

My .sav is in the gnuboy folder but it don't read it, may I must create a special folder inside de gnuboy's folder like "SAV" or something like that?
Regards and thanks you very much for helping with this!! :D