• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Retromini RS-90 (JZ4725B) gba micro handheld  (Read 177682 times)

HyperionAlpha

• Zombo com
Re: Retromini RS-90 (JZ4725B) gba micro handheld
« Reply #540 on: April 26, 2019, 10:54:24 pm »
Clarification on my long-ass post: the Retrominis that I ordered most recently did NOT come with a micro sd card. Like every Retromini I have seen, it DOES have a micro sd card SLOT. The amazon listing simply stated that it would come with about a thousand games, and it didn't. The memory that is built in to the board holds the only games that these Retrominis come with from the factory, and it's a very, very different batch from my first one. My first batch had nothing but GBA games, in its built-in memory and in its 8GB micro sd card. This new batch has GBA, GB Color, GB, NES, SNES, Sega Master System, Sega Genesis, and even some Arcade games on it. Nothing I had read about anywhere prepared me for this, never heard anything at all about such a different set of ROMs being included.

Here is a link to the Retromini that I ordered, and yes it is an RS-90 Retromini, with the actual Retromini logo and all that -> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CHLFWPW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

kokokool

« Reply #541 on: April 26, 2019, 11:43:30 pm »
Clarification on my long-ass post: the Retrominis that I ordered most recently did NOT come with a micro sd card. Like every Retromini I have seen, it DOES have a micro sd card SLOT. The amazon listing simply stated that it would come with about a thousand games, and it didn't. The memory that is built in to the board holds the only games that these Retrominis come with from the factory, and it's a very, very different batch from my first one. My first batch had nothing but GBA games, in its built-in memory and in its 8GB micro sd card. This new batch has GBA, GB Color, GB, NES, SNES, Sega Master System, Sega Genesis, and even some Arcade games on it. Nothing I had read about anywhere prepared me for this, never heard anything at all about such a different set of ROMs being included.

Here is a link to the Retromini that I ordered, and yes it is an RS-90 Retromini, with the actual Retromini logo and all that -> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CHLFWPW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Wait, one thing is to have a micro sd card slot and on the other hand, to include a x gb micro sd card.

Chinese websites manage products services in separate way and join them into a package for shipping.

When i ordered mine, it came effectively without sd card. I had to buy one locally and thats it. Dunno whats the problem here that im missing..

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

slaanesh

• Slaanesh Dev
« Reply #542 on: April 27, 2019, 03:35:10 am »
I don't care about getting an SD card with the device - I'm not that interested in the games that come with it.
I want the device so that I can add our own emulators on it and I like having an SD card slot to do this.

So thanks for you recent post @HyperionAlpha, who confirms that it does indeed come with the slot.
My previous post had an eBay link which has a three or so eBay vendors selling the Coolbaby Retro Mini RS-90.

I sent the same message to each seller - asking whether the device has an SD card slot and whether it comes with the card.

I've received two replies; one vendor said no SD card is included, the other vendor said no SD card slot. But I don't know if it's just a miscommunication. I've asked him to confirm/clarify his response.

Anyway, I'll probably order one as it looks like the CFW release is coming soon. Despite the screen size, I'd like to see how this device performs.

I'm hoping that the device's USB port will support networking? ie. ssh into it?

kokokool

« Reply #543 on: April 27, 2019, 03:37:22 am »
I don't care about getting an SD card with the device - I'm not that interested in the games that come with it.
I want the device so that I can add our own emulators on it and I like having an SD card slot to do this.

So thanks for you recent post @HyperionAlpha, who confirms that it does indeed come with the slot.
My previous post had an eBay link which has a three or so eBay vendors selling the Coolbaby Retro Mini RS-90.

I sent the same message to each seller - asking whether the device has an SD card slot and whether it comes with the card.

I've received two replies; one vendor said no SD card is included, the other vendor said no SD card slot. But I don't know if it's just a miscommunication. I've asked him to confirm/clarify his response.

Anyway, I'll probably order one as it looks like the CFW release is coming soon. Despite the screen size, I'd like to see how this device performs.

Guys, Who knows the exact date of CFW release ?

Nootboot64

« Reply #546 on: April 27, 2019, 01:07:22 pm »

All I know is that it'll probably be before May, like pcercuei said.

Surkow

• * Administrator
« Reply #547 on: April 27, 2019, 09:26:12 pm »
Here's one on amazon.au:

https://www.amazon.com.au/Studyset-Retro-Handheld-Console-Classic/dp/B07F3LBC4X/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=retro+mini&qid=1556332588&s=gateway&sr=8-1

legit?
Why not just order a unit from China? They are half the price on aliexpress. Any unit comes with an SD card slot. If you want to know more about the current status of OpenDingux you can join the #gcw and #opendingux channels at Freenode via IRC.

kokokool

« Reply #548 on: April 29, 2019, 03:56:02 am »

Yeah thanks. Since the guys said that willbe before may that means that between tomorrow and wednesday is the release.

HyperionAlpha

• Zombo com
« Reply #549 on: April 29, 2019, 03:08:36 pm »
I'm not sure how or when I said anything that made anyone think that the Retrominis I bought most recently, the actual, genuine Coolbaby Retrominis, did not have a micro SD card slot. I've seen them for sale plenty of places without a micro SD card, never, ever not once have I seen one for sale that didn't even have a slot. Likewise, every single genuine made-by-Coolbaby Retromini I have ever seen has only ever come with GBA games on it, whether on the resident memory in the board or in the micro SD card, if it came with one. Any time I have ever come across a variance of the games supplied, it's been through the micro SD card included, otherwise everybody just has the same 40 games.

I really honestly do not give a crap if it comes with a micro SD card or not, because if it does come with one it is only 8GB and that's tiny sauce by my book, I've already got 32GB cards that I will put in there without hesitation, I might even try a larger one in order to fit as many ROMs and even videos and stuff for my kids on the thing. The reason I made such a long-winded post in the first place about the batch of Retrominis that I last received is twofold: I got a Retromini with games that were not GBA games on it (Megadrive, SNES, NES, SMS, Arcade), and even some of what I would expect to be the more demanding games were running 100% fullspeed. Maybe that isn't a big deal to any of you guys but it was huge to me, made my eyeballs pop out. In this very thread I believe there are people complaining about frameskip that seems to be running in every GBA game, talk about emulating stuff other than GBA and everyone says "It's just too underpowered," it emulates other systems inside of a GBA emulator, etc. etc. etc. Well when I come across all of that and everything (except a couple SNES games) is running full speed, including an Arcade game emulator, I'm going to flip out. Does this mean different hardware? I doubt it, it's all Coolbaby Retromini. But they are writing this game batch directly to the board, not the micro SD card since they didn't include one. Did they rewrite firmware with better, faster code? Possibly.

kokokool

« Reply #550 on: April 29, 2019, 03:47:52 pm »
I'm not sure how or when I said anything that made anyone think that the Retrominis I bought most recently, the actual, genuine Coolbaby Retrominis, did not have a micro SD card slot. I've seen them for sale plenty of places without a micro SD card, never, ever not once have I seen one for sale that didn't even have a slot. Likewise, every single genuine made-by-Coolbaby Retromini I have ever seen has only ever come with GBA games on it, whether on the resident memory in the board or in the micro SD card, if it came with one. Any time I have ever come across a variance of the games supplied, it's been through the micro SD card included, otherwise everybody just has the same 40 games.

I really honestly do not give a crap if it comes with a micro SD card or not, because if it does come with one it is only 8GB and that's tiny sauce by my book, I've already got 32GB cards that I will put in there without hesitation, I might even try a larger one in order to fit as many ROMs and even videos and stuff for my kids on the thing. The reason I made such a long-winded post in the first place about the batch of Retrominis that I last received is twofold: I got a Retromini with games that were not GBA games on it (Megadrive, SNES, NES, SMS, Arcade), and even some of what I would expect to be the more demanding games were running 100% fullspeed. Maybe that isn't a big deal to any of you guys but it was huge to me, made my eyeballs pop out. In this very thread I believe there are people complaining about frameskip that seems to be running in every GBA game, talk about emulating stuff other than GBA and everyone says "It's just too underpowered," it emulates other systems inside of a GBA emulator, etc. etc. etc. Well when I come across all of that and everything (except a couple SNES games) is running full speed, including an Arcade game emulator, I'm going to flip out. Does this mean different hardware? I doubt it, it's all Coolbaby Retromini. But they are writing this game batch directly to the board, not the micro SD card since they didn't include one. Did they rewrite firmware with better, faster code? Possibly.

Yes, i believe they re-wrote the firmware updating lots of things. Thats why CFW is critical because i sense that hardware is capable of support more than its original status.

davidgilmour

« Reply #551 on: April 29, 2019, 08:02:27 pm »

Well, we only have one day left before may! So it will be released tomorrow!

hiei

« Reply #552 on: April 29, 2019, 08:19:39 pm »
Nootboot64 this is not respectful at all, pcercuei is not paid for this. He is doing great things for the retromini and this scorn doesn't seem like the right way to thank him since every community member (you included) will benefit from what he is doing.
Be patient and grateful, please.

Nootboot64

« Reply #553 on: April 29, 2019, 08:21:10 pm »
Nootboot64 this is not respectful at all, pcercuei is not paid for this. He is doing great things for the retromini and this scorn doesn't seem like the right way to thank him since every community member (you included) will benefit from what he is doing.
I know... I wasn't trying to be mean or disrespectful, I do know how hard he's working, and I'm sorry.

Zockeromi

« Reply #554 on: April 29, 2019, 08:26:24 pm »
Yes, please don?t let us rush the developement, otherwise it may be faulty

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

davidgilmour

« Reply #555 on: April 29, 2019, 08:40:07 pm »
Yes, please don?t let us rush the developement, otherwise it may be faulty

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

It is ok. It is done when it is done!

Great Crippler

« Reply #556 on: May 01, 2019, 06:29:54 am »
Opendingux is out! Though, nothing to add as of yet other than the OS swap as far as I can tell. :-D

davidgilmour

« Reply #557 on: May 01, 2019, 10:33:21 am »
Opendingux is out! Though, nothing to add as of yet other than the OS swap as far as I can tell. :-D

This is so awesome. Finally hacked. I knew it, I also trusted that it would be possible  8)

v47

« Reply #558 on: May 01, 2019, 10:44:12 am »
My quick question is, does this mean running GB and GBC games natively is now possible, or do the emulators need to be ported as well?

Surkow

• * Administrator
« Reply #559 on: May 01, 2019, 01:55:47 pm »
My quick question is, does this mean running GB and GBC games natively is now possible, or do the emulators need to be ported as well?
Ohboy for example will need to be ported to allow for GB/GBC support.

Post a new topic