• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Retromini RS-90 (JZ4725B) gba micro handheld  (Read 177672 times)

kryswade

Re: Retromini RS-90 (JZ4725B) gba micro handheld
« Reply #520 on: April 19, 2019, 01:53:40 pm »
i'm not a fan of using two or more layers of emulation. Hope that a cfw will be released soon.

Great Crippler

« Reply #521 on: April 20, 2019, 01:35:01 am »
Since were talking about the same device, i would love to share the pack i made via dropbox to check whether is the compile or the pceadvance gba emulator. If my pack runs smooth at my rs-90, it should be the same with yours, right?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

There's no specific need, and certainly no reason to share links to illegal rom compilations. :) It's an issue of poor performance within the emulator. (PCEadvance in this case) In addition to that with no access to the in game emulation options, and the fact that it's an emulator running through an emulator. Most games are simply going to run poorly. You may have found a few that run well during testing, and I have no doubt that some might. Most PCE games however are going to fall in the "unplayable" category.

kokokool

« Reply #522 on: April 20, 2019, 02:09:52 pm »
Agree with you mate. But as i could see, some others are completely agree to test. I?m very aware about the impacts of share roms as an illegal procedure so yeah.

Anyways, the results shown above only tries to summarize something i couldn?t see at the very first months and suddenly I faced that some version of the emulator as well as some compilers have different console emulators, therefore, I could play games that with the other compiler nearly reached 10 fps, while the final compiler gave me 40-50 fps.

On the other hand, Personally SNeSadvance did not work pretty well. Too slow. Do you guys know other enulators that confirm playable emulation with image display fix? Native emulation at the time is the only way.

Finally, For what i try to achieve is to play the other platforms. 800xl and Mame ( any romset).

HyperionAlpha

• Zombo com
« Reply #523 on: April 22, 2019, 06:21:51 pm »
Hi guys. I've purchased two batches of 3 Retro Minis, about 8 months apart and they're fairly different from each other. This might only be an FYI sort of post but I am curious what layout others have received.

Both batches I purchased were bought on amazon. One was from a seller that kept their stock with amazon, so it was eligible for amazon prime. This batch came with 40 games in the built-in memory, and an 8GB micro sd card which had somewhere on the order of 500 games. Every single game in both of these memory spaces were all GBA games. I suspect this is pretty standard for what most people received because this is what I have seen advertised in most places, and the boxes this batch were received in had a barcode sticker on the side that said Coolbaby.

The second batch of three I bought from a different amazon seller as the original listing had been deleted and the seller no longer in the system. This listing said it would come with a 16GB micro sd card (I think) and more than 900 games total. The price cost approximately $5 less than the first listing at just $34.80. What I received was a Retro Mini that lacked any micro sd card at all, but may or may not have had a larger resident memory space, because rather than only 40 games built-in, it has 169. Also unlike the earlier batch, this game library is a selection of GBA, Gameboy Color, NES, SNES, Genesis, and Arcade even games, if you can believe it! The unit had its factory original language set to Chinese; after changing it, the file names in the game library remained in Chinese, as I rather expected them to for the most part, because if the filename is Chinese then the language setting is not going to change that, but the ROMs of many or most of these games were also Chinese or Japanese versions as well. The Punisher, Captain Commando, Street Fighter II Championship Edition and several other Capcom fighters were among the Arcade games included, all zipped up and everything. I know those are some oldies but I had no idea that this hardware was even capable of these games much less that an emulator for them had been written? Or is this another emulator-in-emulator (GBA emulator?) at work here?

I know that several people purchased a Retro Mini without a micro sd card but I have never heard of anyone getting a resident variety of games on their unit like this before. I don't have the technical know-how to dump this if it involves any hardware hacking, but I'm very willing to share whatever I can if this could be helpful to the effort for the Retro Mini. This is still my favourite hardware just because it feels so very right, even though it's tiny. The build quality is stellar and you can pound on it 24/7 without putting a dent in it, it would be great if the software is done up to the same standards as the hardware.

davidgilmour

« Reply #524 on: April 22, 2019, 07:42:27 pm »
@kokokool thanks for your post about all the emulators.

But do the games play really 100% at 60fps full speed without any frameskipping?

I really can?t wait until the CFW is released for the RS-90.
It will be perfect for GBA and PC Engine (and Megadrive)

Forget Snes, that won?t be possible, but I don?t care.

kokokool

Retromini RS-90 (JZ4725B) gba micro handheld
« Reply #525 on: April 22, 2019, 08:10:17 pm »
Im at the field right know with minimum of chance at this minute of share the emulators ( compilers and packs ive found that works for rs90 ) since being at heights ( 4000 masl) internet is  pretty slow. As soon as i get home ( perhaps these days) i?ll share the Dropbox link to share. I have two emails waiting so yeah, join to the request.

The only way to play snes 80% good, but with frameskipping is via native ( just as it is, placing the smc extension)

Now, something very interesting is that for Genesis, bin files worked pretty good very fluently.

I reach 55-60 fps in atari, Nes, msx games, gb, gbc, genesis and 85% games in gba ( Doom II is 10 fps). Snes i must admit that is a bit different, some games are fluid, some others not at all. But im doing bit research to get to the reason why snes are more difficult to manage, cus its not a hardware problem.

Something very interesting was the performance of MSX games converted to sms extension.

PC engine is a different thing. Yeah it does have frameskipping but i dont know, for me it works. we should share videos or create a whatsapp group to talk about videos and share content.

kokokool

« Reply #526 on: April 24, 2019, 10:02:43 pm »
Any news about the CFW ? Whats the status so far?

Nootboot64

« Reply #527 on: April 24, 2019, 10:06:09 pm »

This screenshot I took from the IRC channel will explain everything!!

kokokool

« Reply #528 on: April 24, 2019, 10:08:30 pm »

Before may means this week and a few days of the next one.

What kind of main features might have this cfw?

davidgilmour

« Reply #529 on: April 24, 2019, 10:14:27 pm »

This is awesome! Very curious what we will get.

Hopefully good GBA and PC Engine emulation.
The RS-90 is only $26 and has awesome buttons and d-pad! And looks great, nice build quality and good LCD screen.
This could be a winner with GBA and PC Engine (two buttons).

kokokool

Retromini RS-90 (JZ4725B) gba micro handheld
« Reply #530 on: April 24, 2019, 10:16:06 pm »

The RS-90 is only $26 and has awesome buttons and d-pad! And looks great, nice build quality and good LCD screen.

kokokool

« Reply #531 on: April 24, 2019, 10:18:38 pm »

I?m more excited with atari2600/800xl/msx/coleco/zxspec/commodore generation compatabilities as well as Mame simple romset mame 2000

kokokool

« Reply #532 on: April 25, 2019, 04:25:20 pm »
Guys:

Has anyone tried NGPadvance in this device?. I have issues playing Neo Geo Pocket on RS90.

Has anyone have the key to run this machine?

Regards!

Great Crippler

« Reply #533 on: April 25, 2019, 06:46:44 pm »
Guys:

Has anyone tried NGPadvance in this device?. I have issues playing Neo Geo Pocket on RS90.

Has anyone have the key to run this machine?

Regards!

That's another one that barely runs on GBA, so the odds of much being playable on a GBA emulator are slim.

slaanesh

• Slaanesh Dev
« Reply #534 on: April 26, 2019, 03:44:51 am »
Where's the best place to buy one of these that will be okay to use with the anticipated release of OpenDingux running on it?
ie. HyperionAlpha's post that his latest batch of RS-90's didn't have the micro SD card slot - won't this be a show stopper?

I see there are some "Coolbaby RS-90"s on eBay (I can't access US Amazon, I'm in Australia).

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?LH_PrefLoc=2&_osacat=139971&_odkw=retro+mini+rs90&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=coolbaby+rs-90&_sacat=139971

Will these be good?

kokokool

« Reply #535 on: April 26, 2019, 04:01:45 am »
Where's the best place to buy one of these that will be okay to use with the anticipated release of OpenDingux running on it?
ie. HyperionAlpha's post that his latest batch of RS-90's didn't have the micro SD card slot - won't this be a show stopper?

I see there are some "Coolbaby RS-90"s on eBay (I can't access US Amazon, I'm in Australia).

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?LH_PrefLoc=2&_osacat=139971&_odkw=retro+mini+rs90&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=coolbaby+rs-90&_sacat=139971

Will these be good?

Well if this helps ya, i bought the one that has the dark blue box which says retromini.

pcercuei

• My devblog
« Reply #536 on: April 26, 2019, 04:07:23 am »
I have the Coolbaby one.

I understood in HyperionAlpha's post that his latest batch didn't come shipped with a micro SD card, but he meant that they don't have a micro SD slot? That shouldn't be a problem in practice, but if the rest of the hardware is different, I can't guarantee it'll work without some tweaking to the OS.

davidgilmour

« Reply #537 on: April 26, 2019, 09:32:04 am »
Aliexpress , they are around 23-25 euros there. There is one selling for 23,81 euros , 366 orders that sells the one with sd card slot.

adventureFAN

« Reply #538 on: April 26, 2019, 09:52:12 am »
There are devices that look like a RS-90 but there not.
My Handhelds: PS Vita, PSP (1000), New 3DS, NDS lite, GBA SP, GB Micro,
LCL Pi-Boy 3A+, GPD XD (Old), PowKiddy X18, RG350, PlayGo, GKD350H.

Favorite: Odroid Go Advance

Jutleys

« Reply #539 on: April 26, 2019, 10:16:17 pm »

Will these be good?

Black
by yiouma
Learn more: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07CWP35F4/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_zt3WCbZWMWHNR

these are proper retrogame ones well the one i got was.

Post a new topic