• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: My OPK packages for the RS-90 (Opendingux)  (Read 50308 times)

kokokool

Re: My OPK packages for the RS-90 (Opendingux)
« Reply #220 on: July 21, 2020, 09:43:17 pm »
I can actually see a Shantae screenshot in the first post, so it should run, maybe there's some incompatibility with the latest firmware?

I fixed GnuBoy's rom loader function. It can runs large GBC ROM without rebooting the console.

Download from below link and try it.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=17Kci5STGTOlr_SQC2Op7v3WxQ7dYfaEA
Any chance to make use of gb and gba bios boot?

regba can handle gba boot and sincerely is a different kinda experience!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

v47

« Reply #221 on: July 21, 2020, 10:14:11 pm »
What's the difference?

Edit: save slot 0 working again with the latest GnuBoy update from drowsnug, thanks again.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 08:24:37 pm by v47 »

kokokool

« Reply #222 on: July 22, 2020, 12:56:08 am »
What's the difference?
Me?

Starting a game with the gb and gbc Boot start. Kinda cool

jhonp

« Reply #223 on: July 22, 2020, 01:20:46 am »
I can actually see a Shantae screenshot in the first post, so it should run, maybe there's some incompatibility with the latest firmware?

I fixed GnuBoy's rom loader function. It can runs large GBC ROM without rebooting the console.

Download from below link and try it.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=17Kci5STGTOlr_SQC2Op7v3WxQ7dYfaEA
Nice one thanks

Qinti

« Reply #224 on: July 25, 2020, 10:14:58 pm »
Hello, I have a question, could you direct me to information on how to recompile these apks? You see, in another subforum, there is a machine that also has the FC100s, the XYC Q8, and that is somewhat compatible with the Bittboy V2 CFW, but the button mappings it different so it needs adapting. We are trying to see how that could be done, so any leads on documentation or guides or tools would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

v47

« Reply #225 on: August 04, 2020, 12:19:37 pm »
I have race emulator for rs90 from the user who share commander ( previous posts in here)
I'm almost sure someone ported the Dingux commander/file manager to the RS-90, but can't seem to find it anywhere, any ideas?

Cralex

« Reply #226 on: August 04, 2020, 12:46:32 pm »
I have race emulator for rs90 from the user who share commander ( previous posts in here)
I'm almost sure someone ported the Dingux commander/file manager to the RS-90, but can't seem to find it anywhere, any ideas?
I?m using the one from this page: https://github.com/od-contrib/commander/releases/tag/2020-21-06 You?d need the RS90 version.

v47

« Reply #227 on: August 19, 2020, 09:49:56 pm »
Seems to work, thank you.

kokokool

« Reply #228 on: August 22, 2020, 07:49:36 am »
Is possible to make a dosbox port just for fun?

Kiu Pendragon

« Reply #229 on: October 04, 2020, 09:55:08 pm »
Fceux

Fceux is an NES/FDS emulator by Bero, Xodnizel, Zeromus along with other contributors.
This RS-90 port has a setting in video options that allows you to toggle between :
  • No crop (except left column of 8 pixels when PPU setting is activated)
  • Nintendo's safe area (224x192)
  • PocketNES-like (8 pixels cropped from both sides, 16 from top and 11 at the bottom)
  • Center 240x160 (48 pixels from top, move the display 8 pixels to the right)
  • Zelda ingame (allows you to see the whole playfield without any scaling)
Source code

Gnuboy

Gnuboy is a GB/GBC emulator. While some games will have issues, most will play just fine.
It supports save states and 3 scaling options.

Source code

I can't open the .gb and .gbc games with gnuboy, same with fceux and his .nes games... What am I doing wrong?
Regards and thanks in advance!! ^^

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #230 on: October 05, 2020, 04:24:50 am »
A new firmware was released for the RS-90. It adds many things, including 8-bit palette mode.
Unfortunately, it broke compatibiltiy with my older OPKs due to them being statically linked and using fbdev instead of KMSDRM.
As a result, i had to update all of them to fix support for the new FW.
Here are the other changes too :
- SMS Plus GX now supports zipped Colecovision roms.
- Gnuboy is based upon drowsnug95's changes and now also uses Triple buffering.
- Handy has some minor fixes.
- Oswan runs a little faster due to the binary being misoptimized.

Some that were not properly optimized run faster or as fast.
Others unfortunately, like SMS Plus GX, run slower due to some optimizations that are static linking only,
like no abicalls or no PIC/PIE, are disabled.
It's not the end of the world however because i plan on supporting 8-bits paletted mode for SMS Plus GX
and this should speed it up by quite a bit as it spends at least 20% of the CPU time converting everything from 8-bits to 16-bits.

No new ports this time however.

I would suggest that you download the new FW & update your OPKs too.

I can't open the .gb and .gbc games with gnuboy, same with fceux and his .nes games... What am I doing wrong?
Please redownload my ports and try again.

EDIT: There was an issue with Fullscreen mode booting to a black screen. For now, i have partially reverted the change for drowsnug's SMS downscaler code while i figure out the true cause.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 02:25:29 pm by gameblabla »

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #231 on: October 06, 2020, 10:06:24 am »
I have released an update to SMS Plus GX : IPU mode on the RS-90 with the latest firmware is now supported.
I would like to thank Slaneesh & Johnny for helping me out as i never really dealt with YUV before.

- There's a small speed bump. Except for Sonic 1 FM, everything else should run smoothly at 450Mhz.
- YUV IPU scaling ! This is thanks to adding back the 8bpp color depth renderer mode, which then gets converted to YUV444.
This step is necesarry due to the lack of RGB support for the IPU.
This also means that Drowsnug's scalers are now removed
- Allowing the FM sound to be toggeable on or off. You can use it along with the reset button.
- Minor fixes to issues like memory leaks.

Make sure to use it with the latest CFW ! The download link can be found in the description of the first post of this thread.

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #232 on: October 06, 2020, 09:17:20 pm »
Oh and btw, Johnny found that some games (Alex Kidd the miracle world) would look scrambled and it turns out that i was missing some cornercase case to deal with that.  It was a one liner fix and i updated the OPK accordingly so please download it again if you had scrambled graphics on screen on some games.

Muki__83

« Reply #233 on: October 08, 2020, 10:04:57 pm »
Hi Gameblabla. I admire your work! And thank you for continuing to support rs-90, but currently there is no way to download OPK updates as your site is down. Can you please restore it? or upload to another server?
Thanks again.

A new firmware was released for the RS-90. It adds many things, including 8-bit palette mode.
Unfortunately, it broke compatibiltiy with my older OPKs due to them being statically linked and using fbdev instead of KMSDRM.
As a result, i had to update all of them to fix support for the new FW.
Here are the other changes too :
- SMS Plus GX now supports zipped Colecovision roms.
- Gnuboy is based upon drowsnug95's changes and now also uses Triple buffering.
- Handy has some minor fixes.
- Oswan runs a little faster due to the binary being misoptimized.

Some that were not properly optimized run faster or as fast.
Others unfortunately, like SMS Plus GX, run slower due to some optimizations that are static linking only,
like no abicalls or no PIC/PIE, are disabled.
It's not the end of the world however because i plan on supporting 8-bits paletted mode for SMS Plus GX
and this should speed it up by quite a bit as it spends at least 20% of the CPU time converting everything from 8-bits to 16-bits.

No new ports this time however.

I would suggest that you download the new FW & update your OPKs too.

Please redownload my ports and try again.

EDIT: There was an issue with Fullscreen mode booting to a black screen. For now, i have partially reverted the change for drowsnug's SMS downscaler code while i figure out the true cause.

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #234 on: October 09, 2020, 11:06:22 pm »
Hi Gameblabla. I admire your work! And thank you for continuing to support rs-90, but currently there is no way to download OPK updates as your site is down. Can you please restore it? or upload to another server?
Thanks again.

Yeah sorry guys, i had an issue with my webhost and i forgot to pay up XoX...
It will be fixed eventually but in the meantime get the ports here :
https://gitlab.com/gameblabla/gameblabla-releases/-/tree/master/opk/rs90

Select a file and download it by pressing on the download icon. (Next to the Web IDE button)

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #235 on: October 13, 2020, 03:56:22 pm »
A couple of updates :
- SMS Plus GX issues with tearing and sound are now mostly fixed. This closes this bug
It took me a while to fix it for good sorry but now you should have a pretty good experience with SMS Plus GX.
It should also run a bit faster but it's not that different tbh despite the trimming down on the code.

- FCEUX now uses YUV/IPU scaling instead of manually cropping portions of the screen. It still cuts the 8 pixels on the left depending on if PPUMASK is set to mask it and adjusts the height to 224/240 for NTSC or PAL. As a result of these changes, Super Mario Bros 3 now runs smoothly without any frameskipping at 453Mhz.

- Divi-Dead got its videos fixed after i broke it last update. They should work now. (although still slowly but oh well)

- Other OPKs were recompiled with -mno-shared in addition to mplt, though this shouldn't affect performance too much.

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #236 on: October 14, 2020, 04:48:52 am »

So Quake runs on the RS-90 but at around 15 FPS or so. Still playable if you don't mind it.
This port is based upon the RGQuake port but it was still quite challenging to make it run because it would actually eat a lot of memory.
I only tried the shareware version on it so it's possible that the full retail release won't run but let me know still.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 05:03:52 am by gameblabla »

v47

« Reply #237 on: October 14, 2020, 08:19:04 pm »
15 FPS would actually be considered a playable framerate back when the game was released. Anyway, any chance you would have a look at Wolf3D? Unlike Doom or Quake, Wold3D is simple enough to actually be playable and enjoyable on the RS-90.

Thanks.

Muki__83

« Reply #238 on: October 20, 2020, 06:43:17 am »
Hi, yesterday I played on gnuboy latest version, only after a while I realized that the save did not work, I connected the console to the PC and in fact the .Sav files are not created.

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #239 on: October 20, 2020, 11:47:35 am »
Hi, yesterday I played on gnuboy latest version, only after a while I realized that the save did not work, I connected the console to the PC and in fact the .Sav files are not created.
I just checked the source code and surprisingly enough, it wasn't saving with save states because it was doing absolutely nothing.
Lol...

EDIT: It's now fixed. I wanted to bring YUV scaling to Gnuboy but i think that will be for later as i couldn't make YUV work for some reasons...
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 04:06:29 pm by gameblabla »