Author Topic: My OPK packages for the RS-90 (Opendingux)  (Read 34095 times)

Qinti

Re: My OPK packages for the RS-90 (Opendingux)
« Reply #200 on: March 10, 2020, 10:51:55 pm »
Does anyone else have no sound (SFX only) on PC Engine CD games?

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #201 on: March 11, 2020, 03:34:38 pm »
I updated SMS Plus GX with the new Game Gear scalers by @drowsnug. It is profiled like previous binaries. There are also minor fixes that could potentially affect save states in some cases.
He also added the ability to reset the console but honestly i thought this was a redundant option that was not going to be used s
so i only merged his scaler options for now.

Btw dude, link me up your gnuboy's source code as well so we can merge this upstream.

drowsnug

« Reply #202 on: March 12, 2020, 10:57:13 pm »
I updated SMS Plus GX with the new Game Gear scalers by @drowsnug. It is profiled like previous binaries. There are also minor fixes that could potentially affect save states in some cases.
He also added the ability to reset the console but honestly i thought this was a redundant option that was not going to be used s
so i only merged his scaler options for now.

Btw dude, link me up your gnuboy's source code as well so we can merge this upstream.
Thanks  Gameblabla. My gnuboy source file is here.
https://github.com/drowsnug95/gnuboy_rs90
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 11:17:41 pm by drowsnug »

drowsnug

« Reply #203 on: March 12, 2020, 11:05:22 pm »
Try this version of Temper. You can play CD sound tracks.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SJA6iFjqtxI5jXiumGOaiTttaiUnpSbH

Source code
https://github.com/drowsnug95/temper-RS90

Previous version plays sound at 22050Hz, but playng CD tracks required 44100Hz.
So I changed the sound quality parameter from 22050 into 44100.
This change may reduce emulation performance, a little bit.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 11:13:55 pm by drowsnug »

Qinti

« Reply #204 on: March 13, 2020, 08:59:34 pm »
Thank you! That version did the trick! I had almost given up on playing PC Engine CD games with music. Any performance hit has been negligible really. Thanks again!

rbg_gamer

« Reply #205 on: March 24, 2020, 07:09:39 pm »
Version runs great for PCEgine-CD.

Your display scaler in this version has "auto" which looks way better than the other builds of temper.  Do you happen to have your posted temper here but with 22hz sound?  Reason is supergrfx takes a performance hit with 44hz sound.  I would keep both version to get the best of both worlds.

Tks for all your awesome work!

Try this version of Temper. You can play CD sound tracks.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SJA6iFjqtxI5jXiumGOaiTttaiUnpSbH

Source code
https://github.com/drowsnug95/temper-RS90

Previous version plays sound at 22050Hz, but playng CD tracks required 44100Hz.
So I changed the sound quality parameter from 22050 into 44100.
This change may reduce emulation performance, a little bit.

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #206 on: March 24, 2020, 10:05:28 pm »
Version runs great for PCEgine-CD.

Your display scaler in this version has "auto" which looks way better than the other builds of temper.  Do you happen to have your posted temper here but with 22hz sound?  Reason is supergrfx takes a performance hit with 44hz sound.  I would keep both version to get the best of both worlds.

Tks for all your awesome work!
I believe the performance hit is mostly related to the fact he did not profile it against a Supergrafx game unlike my build, hence the slowdown. I'll work on that shortly.

EDIT: I updated Temper with drowsnug's changes and profiled it against 1941. This should fix the performance issues with Supergrafx games. Unfortunately, it seems that this version runs a little slower ? I'm not too sure but either way, it was able to run 1941 fairly smoothly and it also has the fix for CD-ROM games. (which was really dumb on my part honestly, sorry)
I think the only game that might not run at 60 FPS would be Ghouls'n Ghost but i haven't played it yet.

But i think drowsnug's new scalers are worth it, he properly fixed the issues i encountered with PC Engine games.

Btw, i'm encountering weird crashes with Gnuboy with drowsnug changes when trying to profile so it might take me some time to find the issue... welp
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 01:24:17 am by gameblabla »

drowsnug

« Reply #207 on: March 25, 2020, 06:42:00 am »
EDIT: I updated Temper with drowsnug's changes and profiled it against 1941. This should fix the performance issues with Supergrafx games. Unfortunately, it seems that this version runs a little slower ? I'm not too sure but either way, it was able to run 1941 fairly smoothly and it also has the fix for CD-ROM games. (which was really dumb on my part honestly, sorry)
I think the only game that might not run at 60 FPS would be Ghouls'n Ghost but i haven't played it yet.
Thank you for adopting my source.
You may wrong CHANGELOG file. It is not 2019, but 2020   ;)

rbg_gamer

« Reply #208 on: March 25, 2020, 08:45:43 pm »
Awesome, looking forward to it!

sion_zaphod

« Reply #209 on: April 28, 2020, 02:20:40 am »
Hi, I'm new to the RS-90 party having only just picked one up.  I bought one second hand from a guy on facebook for ?15.  He was still using the stock FW and had no idea that the console could be flashed or updated in any way hence he was selling because he didn't like it (plus he also included a 16gb micro SD...thankyou very much).  Anyway I've flashed it with opendingux and played around with all the emulators on this thread.  I am very impressed with the performance of them all on such a low spec machine.  I do have a couple of queries regarding some of the emulators and also the opendingux GUI gmenu2x.

The save files (SRAM) for games played on the emulators are written to the internal storage of the device even if roms are loaded from the micro SD.  Is there any way to redirect where the save files are stored maybe to the same path that the rom was loaded from (the micro SD)?

On gmenu2x the emulator titles (App names) sometimes don't reflect the emulated system name.  Is it possible to edit the titles and possibly the icons to something like Gameboy Advance for Regba and Atari 2600 for Stella?  I've searched through loads of forums about gmenu2x and still cannot find an answer that doesn't involve unpacking the OPK file, editing and then re-packing.  Isn't there an easier way to rename the titles with a shortcut file or something similar?

Are thumbnail images for roms possible on the Selector Browser?

Would anyone be willing to port an OPK of Potator (Watara Supervision Emulator) for the rs-90?  (I once owned a Supervision under the brand of Quickshot and even though its a s**t console there were one or two games that I rather liked).  I've looked at the source but not having a build environment at the moment (using a chromebook for the time being) it's a pointless exercise.

Anyway well done everyone that has contributed to the ongoing development for this console (trying to screw as much as possible out of it :0) ).  Thanks for killing some of the boredom of this lockdown. 

Stay safe, Stay at home

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #210 on: May 03, 2020, 05:47:53 pm »
The save files (SRAM) for games played on the emulators are written to the internal storage of the device even if roms are loaded from the micro SD.  Is there any way to redirect where the save files are stored maybe to the same path that the rom was loaded from (the micro SD)?
Theorically possible if you change the HOME environment variable to the path on the microsd card. Maybe Pcercuei could include that feature for the next CFW. (RetroFW 2 also does support that)

On gmenu2x the emulator titles (App names) sometimes don't reflect the emulated system name.  Is it possible to edit the titles and possibly the icons to something like Gameboy Advance for Regba and Atari 2600 for Stella?  I've searched through loads of forums about gmenu2x and still cannot find an answer that doesn't involve unpacking the OPK file, editing and then re-packing.  Isn't there an easier way to rename the titles with a shortcut file or something similar?
The only way is to change that is to unpack the OPK, change the desktop file and change it again. Could be added as a feature to Gmenu2x as to change the name for each OPK i guess.

Are thumbnail images for roms possible on the Selector Browser?
It's possible for GMenuNx but not Gmenu2x, which is what's being used on the RS-90.

Would anyone be willing to port an OPK of Potator (Watara Supervision Emulator) for the rs-90?  (I once owned a Supervision under the brand of Quickshot and even though its a s**t console there were one or two games that I rather liked).  I've looked at the source but not having a build environment at the moment (using a chromebook for the time being) it's a pointless exercise.
Funny enough, i'm still working on Potator and fixing issues with some games. (and no, it's not just a matter of compiling the source code and expecting it to work just fine, i mean gee i swear)

sion_zaphod

« Reply #211 on: May 04, 2020, 02:23:59 am »
@gameblabla Can Retro FW be installed on the Retro Mini (RS-90)?  Also I seem to remember from when i owned a GP32X that Gmenu2X does support thumbnails for roms.  Also the documentation for the frontend says it does https://mtorromeo.github.io/gmenu2x/documentation/  Look under selectorscreens. 

When opk files are copied to the device and run for the first time link files are created in the sections folders {emulators/games/apps}.  These links files are very basic text files and do not contain Title info (which makes me think that the link files are named identical to the opk files), clock speed, and selectordir (path to open in the selector browser).  The documentation for gmenu2x says that links can be created to include thumbnails in the selector browser (I have tried to edit the existing link files and point towards a folder with thumbnails of 160x160px.  But the frontend acts like the link means nothing and does not display any thumbs.  Bottom line I just want to know if it does or does not support thumbs?  (Since the documentation says it does). 

Great news that you're working on a Potator port (hopefully for the RS-90)

v47

« Reply #212 on: July 17, 2020, 09:19:54 pm »
Trying to run Shantae (GBC) on the GnuBoy build from the first post (2019-05-08 05:51) will reboot the console (fw 2020.01.06). Is this a known issue?

drowsnug

« Reply #213 on: July 18, 2020, 02:51:57 am »
Trying to run Shantae (GBC) on the GnuBoy build from the first post (2019-05-08 05:51) will reboot the console (fw 2020.01.06). Is this a known issue?

Try another version Gnuboy I've ported.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=17Kci5STGTOlr_SQC2Op7v3WxQ7dYfaEA

RS90 may reboot when you run a big GBC ROM such as Dragon Warrior 3.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 02:57:29 am by drowsnug »

v47

« Reply #214 on: July 18, 2020, 01:26:47 pm »
Same issue unfortunately, trying to run the game will reboot the device.

v47

« Reply #215 on: July 20, 2020, 11:20:40 am »
I can actually see a Shantae screenshot in the first post, so it should run, maybe there's some incompatibility with the latest firmware?

drowsnug

« Reply #216 on: July 21, 2020, 03:33:32 pm »
I can actually see a Shantae screenshot in the first post, so it should run, maybe there's some incompatibility with the latest firmware?

I fixed GnuBoy's rom loader function. It can runs large GBC ROM without rebooting the console.

Download from below link and try it.

[modified] Save slot 0 is avilable again.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 02:15:01 pm by drowsnug »

v47

« Reply #217 on: July 21, 2020, 05:07:37 pm »
This fixes the Shantae reboots, many thanks. Also, any difference between running PAL vs NTSC games? Doesn't matter, or is one format preferred by the emulator?

lemmywinks

« Reply #218 on: July 21, 2020, 06:03:31 pm »
I fixed GnuBoy's rom loader function. It can runs large GBC ROM without rebooting the console.

Download from below link and try it.

Nice one thanks!!
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, PlayGo, RS-90, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket c/w screen mod, PSP Go
PC:
Medion Erazer, Toshiba Z20t, Dell Mini 9, Psion 5MX
Tons of other old laptops and tablets.....

v47

« Reply #219 on: July 21, 2020, 07:23:48 pm »
One odd thing though - I have changed the save slot from slot 0 to slot 1 in the menu, and save slot 0 is now not selectable anymore (lowest is 1, highest is 9), so all my slot 0 saves made with the previous version of Gnuboy are now unavailable.

Edit: save slot 0 working again with the update, thanks again.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 06:15:26 pm by v47 »

Post a new topic
Post a new topic