Author Topic: My OPK packages for the RS-90 (Opendingux)  (Read 39731 times)

chevette

Re: My OPK packages for the RS-90 (Opendingux)
« Reply #160 on: May 21, 2019, 11:51:02 pm »
I'm thankful for what we have now on the RetroMini. Mine sat in the closet for a year and was rarely being used. Now, we have Fceux, GameBoy, Handy, PicoDrive, ReGBA, SMS PlusGX (which also runs ColecoVision in addition to SMS and GG), and Temper. It's not perfect, but it's amazing that all those EMUs run as well as they do. Thanks to all the developers who made all this possible in their 'spare time'

Great Crippler

« Reply #161 on: May 21, 2019, 11:54:57 pm »
I'm thankful for what we have now on the RetroMini. Mine sat in the closet for a year and was rarely being used. Now, we have Fceux, GameBoy, Handy, PicoDrive, ReGBA, SMS PlusGX (which also runs ColecoVision in addition to SMS and GG), and Temper. It's not perfect, but it's amazing that all those EMUs run as well as they do. Thanks to all the developers who made all this possible in their 'spare time'

Definitely %100 this. Everything after Temper is bonus to me.

v47

« Reply #162 on: May 22, 2019, 02:06:38 pm »
SNES Chrono Trigger was ok on the original fw, so while I doubt games like Super Castlevania IV would achieve playable speeds, at least some games should run well enough to be fully playable.

Great Crippler

« Reply #163 on: May 22, 2019, 04:59:28 pm »
SNES Chrono Trigger was ok on the original fw, so while I doubt games like Super Castlevania IV would achieve playable speeds, at least some games should run well enough to be fully playable.

Castlevania IV isn't a specifically hard game to emulate iirc? Most of Castlevania's slowdowns are part of the game, not troubles with emulation. Mode 7 doesn't cause near the trouble with most emulators that the special chip games would. All kind of beside the point since it doesn't seem anyone has any intention of porting a SNES emulator for the time being.

Sipulka1972

« Reply #164 on: May 23, 2019, 08:10:31 am »
Please save the settings when you exit the emulator handy_rs90 - the screen is very small, every time you have to stretch the game to the size of the screen.

kokokool

« Reply #165 on: May 24, 2019, 02:05:54 pm »
They all run pretty good, but the NES (FCEUX) runs choppy with the sound on. Is there any way to fix it?
I could try to reprofile it again against my real thing this time but it's a very hard emulator to optimize : even on the RS-97 it can be slow.

Yeah its a bit choppy with the sound and emulation too. Any chance to fix this issue in the future?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

kokokool

« Reply #166 on: June 05, 2019, 08:59:35 pm »

GNUBOY:

Has anyone experienced some save states issues such as not loading after saving previously?

HyperionAlpha

• Zombo com
« Reply #167 on: June 07, 2019, 09:58:05 pm »

Wait what where is PicoDrive?

lemmywinks

« Reply #168 on: June 07, 2019, 11:47:54 pm »
Would it be possible to disable FM sound on SMS games that support it please? It seems to kill performance and non FM games run fine.

Great effort with these btw, my original wish for this device was a mini SMS and GB so I'm loving these ports!
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, PlayGo, RS-90, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket c/w screen mod, PSP Go
PC:
Medion Erazer, Toshiba Z20t, Dell Mini 9, Psion 5MX
Tons of other old laptops and tablets.....

Cralex

« Reply #169 on: June 08, 2019, 01:46:16 am »

Wait what where is PicoDrive?

Made by someone else, Steward. Here's his RS90 stuff: https://github.com/steward-fu/rs90/blob/master/README.md

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #170 on: June 08, 2019, 06:26:15 pm »
I have updated SMS Plus GX, here are the changes :
  • Fixed unlicensed games like Alibaba and 40 Thieves, Block Hole relying on uninitialized memory not cleared by Japanese BIOS.
  • Binary is now profiled properly (last one that i forgot to). This should handle games using FM sound when overclocked at 450Mhz.
  • Fixed another issue with country setting being always set to the very first game you loaded with SMS Plus GX. Could be prone to errors so it was fixed.

Would it be possible to disable FM sound on SMS games that support it please? It seems to kill performance and non FM games run fine.
It is indeed very CPU intensive and i had forgot to profile the RS90 build : this is now done. Note that you may have to overclock to 450 Mhz for games using FM sound. If that's an issue then i could consider defaulting to PSG instead.

Has anyone experienced some save states issues such as not loading after saving previously?
I got your PM about it and i'll look into it.

Made by someone else, Steward. Here's his RS90 stuff: https://github.com/steward-fu/rs90/blob/master/README.md
Yeah he made a bunch of these ports (Picodrive, PCSX4ALL ...) before i could but as expected, they run very poorly. (except for Picodrive)
Can't say i'm surprised.

As for PCSX4ALL, i wanted to wait for senquack to release part5 but oh well... His patches are still interesting though.

lemmywinks

« Reply #171 on: June 08, 2019, 07:46:55 pm »
Nice one thanks @gameblabla it's much appreciated!
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, PlayGo, RS-90, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket c/w screen mod, PSP Go
PC:
Medion Erazer, Toshiba Z20t, Dell Mini 9, Psion 5MX
Tons of other old laptops and tablets.....

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #172 on: June 26, 2019, 07:26:30 am »
After thinking about it, i've decided to port my old port of Oswan to the RS-90.

It's not profiled yet (i'll look into it), but you can already play some games with it.
If a game runs too slowly, it will skip some frames so best to overclock.

You can download the new OPK in the first post.
Also, you can choose to tip on subscribestar if you like my work.

Sipulka

« Reply #173 on: June 29, 2019, 07:13:35 am »
oswan_rs90.opk    2019-06-26 08:15    424K

When exiting games of large size (more than 4 megabytes) the emulator freezes. For Example: Arc The Lad - Kijin Fukkatsu (8.3 mb)

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #174 on: July 05, 2019, 09:14:40 am »

Here's a port of Divi-Dead, an adult visual novel that was released in the late 90s.
Soywiz later made an interpreter for it and ported it to the PSP, Dreamcast and Xbox.
He opened sourced his interpreter without any instructions, so i had to revamp the source code a bit.

Video playback in this version was disabled but it's only used for the opening scene anyway.
The reason why this was done so is because it was decoding it too slowly.

Btw, this comes without the game for copyright reasons.
Put the game (WV.DL1, SG.DL1) along with the OGG files (/OGG) in a folder and point Divi-Dead to said folder : it should run it.
Saves files are stored in .dividead/saves, snapshots are stored in .dividead/snaps.

Enjoy and let me know if you have any issues.

https://gameblabla.nl/files/ipk/rs90/dividead_rs90.opk

When exiting games of large size (more than 4 megabytes) the emulator freezes. For Example: Arc The Lad - Kijin Fukkatsu (8.3 mb)
I hope i can fix it but not now. This should happen with Beatmania too.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 06:42:56 pm by gameblabla »

Sipulka

« Reply #175 on: July 05, 2019, 12:00:46 pm »
Put the game (WL.DL1, SG.DL1)

The game file is called WV. Or WL?

jhonp

« Reply #176 on: July 05, 2019, 04:01:50 pm »

Here's a port of Divi-Dead, an adult visual novel that was released in the late 90s.
Soywiz later made an interpreter for it and ported it to the PSP, Dreamcast and Xbox.
He opened sourced his interpreter without any instructions, so i had to revamp the source code a bit.

Video playback in this version was disabled but it's only used for the opening scene anyway.
The reason why this was done so is because it was decoding it too slowly.

Btw, this comes without the game for copyright reasons.
Put the game (WL.DL1, SG.DL1) along with the OGG files (/OGG) in a folder and point Divi-Dead to said folder : it should run it.
Saves files are stored in .dividead/saves, snapshots are stored in .dividead/snaps.

great game, thank you man.

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #177 on: July 05, 2019, 06:43:21 pm »
Put the game (WL.DL1, SG.DL1)
The game file is called WV. Or WL?
Oops, it's WV.DL1 indeed, not WL.DL1 my bad. Fixed this.

ChronoStriker1

« Reply #178 on: July 05, 2019, 06:50:15 pm »
I am having issues with the oswan emulator, it doesn't seem to load anything (using No-Intro romset).  Any ideas?

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #179 on: July 05, 2019, 08:52:04 pm »
I am having issues with the oswan emulator, it doesn't seem to load anything (using No-Intro romset).  Any ideas?
What firmware version are you using ? It was working on the very first Opendingix firmware and it works for Stipula. (No intro romset too)
Not sure what could cause this.

EDIT: Well i discovered an oversight in my code that could cause your issue in a similar way. I'll fix this and profile it.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 09:08:17 pm by gameblabla »

Post a new topic
Post a new topic