Author Topic: My OPK packages for the RS-90 (Opendingux)  (Read 39672 times)

kokokool

Re: My OPK packages for the RS-90 (Opendingux)
« Reply #140 on: May 17, 2019, 01:28:48 pm »
Just a reminder if you download releases from the mega server in the releases section some emulator and games require ram swap to make them work like pcsx4all and few games but it works picodrive has also been released.
Swap is a really bad idea as it will kill the RS-90's NAND. (unless said swap partition is created on the external sd card but sounds like it's not the case)
Who did the port for PCSX4ALL & Picodrive?
I did not bother to port PCSX4ALL as i knew that it would run slowly on that machine and i wanted to wait for part5 as currently it has some issues.

Whats part5?

If you can port theoretically pcsx4all, why not DOSbox and mame4all?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

ChronoStriker1

« Reply #141 on: May 17, 2019, 01:35:25 pm »
Just tested the second page of the mapping menu works now.  I have only tested one game so far but the 1 key will not work no matter what button its set to.  2 does so I can get into games.  I havent tried the other keys yet but I figured Id give an update where I could.

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #142 on: May 17, 2019, 01:37:10 pm »
Whats part5?
The upcoming branch for pcsx4all by senquack that will make it run faster and also solve a great number of issues with the source code.
(Also a recompiler fix for Diablo & Card Sakura)

If you can port theoretically pcsx4all, why not DOSbox and mame4all?
Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Just tested the second page of the mapping menu works now.  I have only tested one game so far but the 1 key will not work no matter what button its set to.  2 does so I can get into games.  I havent tried the other keys yet but I figured Id give an update where I could.
Thanks for testing. Really odd that 2 would work but 1 doesn't... Guess i need to look into it again :c
EDIT: Alright i think i know why this happens. In fact, 2 is 1, and 1 is dollar sign and so on... Will fix this asap.
EDIT2: That was a quick fix, it should work properly with the new OPK now. I'm done with SMS Plus GX unless there are more complains.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 01:40:48 pm by gameblabla »

ChronoStriker1

« Reply #143 on: May 17, 2019, 01:47:15 pm »
Yep in my super limited testing on dig dug it looks like its working now, thanks!

chevette

« Reply #144 on: May 17, 2019, 03:03:02 pm »
Thanks gameblabla......looks like Colecovision mapping is working great now!! Thank you soooo much

8-Brit Generation

« Reply #145 on: May 18, 2019, 03:20:37 pm »
Could we also have a port of Mupen64 alpha and the GCW Zero version of Retroarch?

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #146 on: May 18, 2019, 07:28:22 pm »
Could we also have a port of Mupen64 alpha and the GCW Zero version of Retroarch?
Bruh, the RS-90's processor is only clocked at 360 Mhz and there's no 3D GPU...
You are asking me for the impossible. Not even PCSX4ALL runs well on it.

As for Retroarch well that would be pointless. Besides, it will be ultra slow and would look crap on the screen.
It's better to individually port the emulators one by one.

chevette

« Reply #147 on: May 18, 2019, 08:12:35 pm »
Thanks gameblabla for all the great emus you've done for this little handheld. They all run pretty good, but the NES (FCEUX) runs choppy with the sound on. Is there any way to fix it? ReGBA, GB, GBC, Handy, PicoDrive, SMSPLUS GX, and Temper run amazingly well. Thanks again

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #148 on: May 18, 2019, 08:14:59 pm »
They all run pretty good, but the NES (FCEUX) runs choppy with the sound on. Is there any way to fix it?
I could try to reprofile it again against my real thing this time but it's a very hard emulator to optimize : even on the RS-97 it can be slow.

kryswade

« Reply #149 on: May 19, 2019, 01:27:58 am »
Just a reminder if you download releases from the mega server in the releases section some emulator and games require ram swap to make them work like pcsx4all and few games but it works picodrive has also been released.

so, how to use swap?

jhonp

« Reply #150 on: May 20, 2019, 04:57:45 am »
@gameblabla hello guy, could you create a SNES, NEOGEO emulator and CPS for rs90, please? you are a genius.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 05:05:20 am by goku30 »

VanZan

« Reply #151 on: May 20, 2019, 05:42:02 am »
 :D lol I think gameblabla is being trolled. What next? A request for Crysis?

Great Crippler

« Reply #152 on: May 20, 2019, 06:41:32 am »

SNES (SNES9XD)
Neo Geo (Gngeo)

Both should be doable. I believe slaanesh is working on a Mame port. So to some extent the requests seem within the scope of the device. (Not Crysis though. :-P)

kokokool

« Reply #153 on: May 21, 2019, 03:58:38 am »

SNES (SNES9XD)
Neo Geo (Gngeo)

Both should be doable. I believe slaanesh is working on a Mame port. So to some extent the requests seem within the scope of the device. (Not Crysis though. :-P)

That should be perfect!. Would love if we can port a Mame based on Mame 2003 (romset 0.78).

Great Crippler

« Reply #154 on: May 21, 2019, 06:17:42 pm »

SNES (SNES9XD)
Neo Geo (Gngeo)

That should be perfect!. Would love if we can port a Mame based on Mame 2003 (romset 0.78).

I am just speaking hypothetically on the first 2. I would just imagine they could be ported within the scope of the device. I have no clue if anyone has any intention of porting them. As for Mame, I would assume it would be based on 0.37b5? But also just a guess.

@VanZan I didn't notice the N64 comment until today. Your trolling comment make more sense.

v47

« Reply #155 on: May 21, 2019, 06:57:48 pm »
SNES should be ok, considering even the original RS-90 fw ran it fine - if you don't count the scaling, which made things look horrible.

jhonp

« Reply #156 on: May 21, 2019, 07:24:40 pm »
SNES should be ok, considering even the original RS-90 fw ran it fine - if you don't count the scaling, which made things look horrible.

Exactly

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #157 on: May 21, 2019, 09:50:50 pm »
Honestly SNES emulation on these devices is going to run garbage and people would still complain about PocketSNES 1.43 on the LDK/RS-97 so you can pretty much imagine having these people try out their SNES games on even worse hardware and with a much worse screen resolution...

cools

« Reply #158 on: May 21, 2019, 10:34:58 pm »
Would it be possible to add vsync to GnuBoy/Handy/SMSPlus GX ? At full clock speed they run well but there's a load of tearing going on.

Being able to disable FM on SMSPlus would also be greatly appreciated :)

Great Crippler

« Reply #159 on: May 21, 2019, 11:24:59 pm »
Honestly SNES emulation on these devices is going to run garbage and people would still complain about PocketSNES 1.43 on the LDK/RS-97 so you can pretty much imagine having these people try out their SNES games on even worse hardware and with a much worse screen resolution...

Would definitely need to be SNES9X for any hope of fair performance. You'd be looking at Bittboy levels, but it would still be good for some games.

Post a new topic