Author Topic: My OPK packages for the RS-90 (Opendingux)  (Read 33943 times)

chevette

Re: My OPK packages for the RS-90 (Opendingux)
« Reply #120 on: May 14, 2019, 01:39:51 pm »
Hi guys, any work in progress with atari universe, coleco and zxspectrum yet?
Have a nice day, afternoon and evening!
Nope. SMS Plus GX can already emulate the Colecovision.
As for Atari consoles, computers & zx spectrum, well don't count on me.

Any details on how to get the Colecovision to work on SMS Plus??? I just get
a black screen. My Colecovision ROMS are .col, the Colecovison BIOS is named BIOS
and is in the .smsplus/bios folder. Will not work for me

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #121 on: May 14, 2019, 05:45:15 pm »
My Colecovision ROMS are .col, the Colecovison BIOS is named BIOS and is in the .smsplus/bios folder. Will not work for me
Your Colecovision bios should be named BIOS.col, not just BIOS.
It should be found in .smsplus/bios as you said.
And make sure your games have the  .col extension.

chevette

« Reply #122 on: May 14, 2019, 06:04:27 pm »
My Colecovision ROMS are .col, the Colecovison BIOS is named BIOS and is in the .smsplus/bios folder. Will not work for me

Thanks, working now. How do you input a # to start the game? Is there a on-screen keypad??

kokokool

« Reply #123 on: May 14, 2019, 06:19:53 pm »

Thanks, working now. How do you input a # to start the game? Is there a on-screen keypad??

Im at the same point as you. Ive tried like 20 games and none of them respond to buttons. Every game is different in button arrangement so button mapping option should be the best way

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

ChronoStriker1

« Reply #124 on: May 15, 2019, 02:45:46 pm »
I can confirm it does work with games that don't have the skill select screen (Pitfall Games) but it would be useful to have one of the buttons set to "1" so you can at least play some of the other games.  Or even better to have a option to set the left or right button to any number (1-8) and change that when necessary.  But I don't know if that is feasible.

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #125 on: May 15, 2019, 04:09:59 pm »
Btw just saying, i finally got the RS-90 and it's working fine.
I would like to thank everything for helping me get one and v47 in particular !

I can confirm it does work with games that don't have the skill select screen (Pitfall Games) but it would be useful to have one of the buttons set to "1" so you can at least play some of the other games.  Or even better to have a option to set the left or right button to any number (1-8) and change that when necessary.  But I don't know if that is feasible.
Yeah i just realized now that i screwed up. Basically i thought i mapped L & R to 1/2 but i actually didn't do that.
I'll make sure to add remapping support. (as well as profile the binary)

v47

« Reply #126 on: May 15, 2019, 04:20:07 pm »
Sure thing, lets hope it will be helpful.

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #127 on: May 16, 2019, 01:54:54 am »
Alright, i have updated SMS Plus GX with the following changes :
  • Added remapping support, including for extra buttons for Colecovision games.
  • Profiled the binary against Sonic 1 FM : It should now run most games fine for the most part. (except Sonic 1 FM...)
As usual you can grab the updated OPK from my first post.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 02:13:56 am by gameblabla »

ChronoStriker1

« Reply #128 on: May 16, 2019, 02:22:03 am »
Im trying it now but as much as things are mapped I dont seem to be able to activate the coleco buttons at all.  Master system and game gear work as before/

Edit:  It appears that when mapping the second input page it copies over to the first dont know if thats part of the issue.  Also since there are so many buttons is there a way to unmap a button?

Edit 2:  Select button unmaps buttons but yeah the extra coleco buttons dont appear to work or that mirroring is messing things up
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 02:42:07 am by ChronoStriker1 »

chevette

« Reply #129 on: May 16, 2019, 04:23:46 pm »
Im trying it now but as much as things are mapped I dont seem to be able to activate the coleco buttons at all.  Master system and game gear work as before/

Edit:  It appears that when mapping the second input page it copies over to the first dont know if thats part of the issue.  Also since there are so many buttons is there a way to unmap a button?

Edit 2:  Select button unmaps buttons but yeah the extra coleco buttons dont appear to work or that mirroring is messing things up

Same for me, shoulder buttons are not working.

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #130 on: May 16, 2019, 04:41:03 pm »
Hmm i will look into it. At least the remapping works for SMS games but looks like they're an issue with shoulder buttons.

kokokool

« Reply #131 on: May 16, 2019, 05:15:49 pm »
Hmm i will look into it. At least the remapping works for SMS games but looks like they're an issue with shoulder buttons.

What about two consoles mapping ( one for coleco leaving the user to choose 0-9, * and # freely, and one for sms ( as you did)

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #132 on: May 16, 2019, 05:44:46 pm »
What about two consoles mapping ( one for coleco leaving the user to choose 0-9, * and # freely, and one for sms ( as you did)
It already does that : when you play a Colecovision game, you can scroll to the right by pressing the L & R in the Input remapping menu and map them to 0-9...
Just noticed that there's a bug with the assignment of buttons, i'll fix that.

EDIT: Alright, the remapping bug is fixed. To map the buttons to the Colecovision buttons, load up a CV game and go to Input remapping.
Press Right Shoulder and you should be able to map #, *, 1-9.
You must download the newer OPK for it to work properly.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 06:11:25 pm by gameblabla »

ChronoStriker1

« Reply #133 on: May 16, 2019, 06:50:04 pm »
Just downloaded, nothing on the second page will map.  After trying to set a button it stays at ... and has no effect.

chevette

« Reply #134 on: May 17, 2019, 12:10:29 am »
Just downloaded, nothing on the second page will map.  After trying to set a button it stays at ... and has no effect.

Same for me too

eltehero

« Reply #135 on: May 17, 2019, 12:02:43 pm »
Any chance of neogeo pocket and colour emu at some point?

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #136 on: May 17, 2019, 12:07:13 pm »
I'm actually planning on doing that but it will take some time as it will require a complete revamp.

kokokool

« Reply #137 on: May 17, 2019, 12:19:25 pm »

I have race emulator for rs90 from the user who share commander ( previous posts in here), it works very good but it has a few crashes with some games, but if you open it inside the emulators menu, runs PG.

I sent a PM but with no response.

Jutleys

« Reply #138 on: May 17, 2019, 12:48:44 pm »
Just a reminder if you download releases from the mega server in the releases section some emulator and games require ram swap to make them work like pcsx4all and few games but it works picodrive has also been released.

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #139 on: May 17, 2019, 01:15:04 pm »
Just a reminder if you download releases from the mega server in the releases section some emulator and games require ram swap to make them work like pcsx4all and few games but it works picodrive has also been released.
Swap is a really bad idea as it will kill the RS-90's NAND. (unless said swap partition is created on the external sd card but sounds like it's not the case)
Who did the port for PCSX4ALL & Picodrive?
I did not bother to port PCSX4ALL as i knew that it would run slowly on that machine and i wanted to wait for part5 as currently it has some issues.

EDIT: Alright this time, remapping support for Colecovision buttons is fixed. It was (yet) another oversight...
So grab the new OPK.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 01:28:58 pm by gameblabla »

Post a new topic
Post a new topic