• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: I've tried Winning Eleven 2002 using PCSX4ALL (PS1 Emulator), here's my review.  (Read 631 times)

bluecinnamon15 (OP)

So, i've tried the PCSX4ALL emulator on Retromini RS-90.

I played Winning Eleven 2021 (a WE 2002 mod by ZAAZ). Why Winning Eleven? Well, as a football freak since the day I born, WE2002 is my best game on the PS1 EVER.

Okay, back to the topic, for the hardware settings, I overclocked it to 420Mhz so it can have a better result (i'm not going to the highest one since i'm afraid i'll breaking it. And for the emulator settings, I'm not really changed anything, only adding the FPS counter.

Here's the result:
> From the intro video to the menu, the game runs in 30fps (while it's 60fps normally, but tbh, it's quite smooth)
> When entering the match, the fps drops to 19fps-24fps
> Also there's some major glitch while in the match (the vertical lines)
> The sound runs smooth, while there's some noticeable stuttering
> The button limitation giving it a new challenge (no crossing, no through pass, no 2nd man pressing, TOTAL FOOTBALL!!)

Is it recommended to play PSone on the Retromini? NO. A big NO. But for educational purposes and for paying your curiosity pleasure, i think you can give it a go.

Here's the proof video:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W71fsFM3B-k" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W71fsFM3B-k</a>

I'm not hoping for a stability fix, no, I'm just curious after someone on YouTube had successfully running FF7 on the Retromini, this is purely just for educational purpose and for paying my curiosity pleasure.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 11:32:57 am by bluecinnamon15 »

Surkow

• * Administrator
It's amazing what these little devices can do with the right software. With the original ucosII firmware GBA and GBC didn't even run well. Emulating PSX games probably wasn't even on the radar.

It's amazing what these little devices can do with the right software. With the original ucosII firmware GBA and GBC didn't even run well. Emulating PSX games probably wasn't even on the radar.
even i can't disagree to that.
when i'd like to play strikers 1945 and it works all righty!

Post a new topic
Post a new topic