Author Topic: UselessRS97 - Custom Firmware for the RS97  (Read 147916 times)

draxd

Re: UselessRS97 - Custom Firmware for the RS97
« Reply #660 on: January 16, 2019, 08:44:37 pm »
Hello,

Did anyone have problem with picodrive configuration ?
I set gamepad to 6 buttons in configuration and it works but it is not applied after emulator reboot.
So every time I restart emulator I need to go to menu->Configure controls to make it work again.
Do anyone have fix for this ?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 09:11:29 pm by draxd »

sandra314

« Reply #661 on: January 20, 2019, 01:33:47 am »
Hello! I was going to buy the RS-97 but they are selling the version 3.0 in Aliexpress. What can I do, as this project seems discontinued?

02k0

« Reply #662 on: January 20, 2019, 01:38:24 am »
Hello! I was going to buy the RS-97 but they are selling the version 3.0 in Aliexpress. What can I do, as this project seems discontinued?
I have RS-97 3.0 LCD screen version. It's run UselessRS-97 firmware + Nerds Kernel.

Enviado de meu Moto G (4) usando o Tapatalk

sandra314

« Reply #663 on: January 20, 2019, 01:42:56 am »
I have RS-97 3.0 LCD screen version. It's run UselessRS-97 firmware + Nerds Kernel.

Will it run on this version? https://aliexpress.com/item/RS-97-Classic-Retro-Handheld-Game-Console-Video-Game-Player-3-0-inch-Screen-16GB-Portable/32920226578.html

If that is the case, can you share with me how to install things properly? Thanks a lot.

02k0

« Reply #664 on: January 20, 2019, 01:52:33 am »

Will it run on this version? https://aliexpress.com/item/RS-97-Classic-Retro-Handheld-Game-Console-Video-Game-Player-3-0-inch-Screen-16GB-Portable/32920226578.html

If that is the case, can you share with me how to install things properly? Thanks a lot.
Okay. But I did not buy mine on Aliexpress. I bought it on Alibaba website, however, I recommend you buy on Aliexpress, the model is the same. The installation is simple, even at the beginning of this topic have some instructions. On YouTube there are a hundred videos, teaching you how to install. The only recommendation is that before installing the UselessRS-97 on RS-97, you should apply the Nerds Kernel on the UselessRS-97 firmware, otherwise, you will not be able to add new files to RS-97 (ROMs, ports, music, etc.). Then I separate the links ....

« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 01:54:45 am by 02k0 »

sandra314

« Reply #665 on: January 20, 2019, 02:00:57 am »

Okay. But I did not buy mine on Aliexpress. I bought it on Alibaba website, however, I recommend you buy on Aliexpress, the model is the same. The installation is simple, even at the beginning of this topic have some instructions. On YouTube there are a hundred videos, teaching you how to install. The only recommendation is that before installing the UselessRS-97 on RS-97, you should apply the Nerds Kernel on the UselessRS-97 firmware, otherwise, you will not be able to add new files to RS-97 (ROMs, ports, music, etc.). Then I separate the links ....

Will it run GB / GBC / GBA / NES / SNES games well? The developer of UselessRS97 said that he's having issues with the latests versions, thats why I thought the version 3.0 was not compatible.

Also, can you share with me those tutorials? Sorry, I'm a bit lost...

02k0

« Reply #666 on: January 20, 2019, 02:06:43 am »

Will it run GB / GBC / GBA / NES / SNES games well? The developer of UselessRS97 said that he's having issues with the latests versions, thats why I thought the version 3.0 was not compatible.

Well, I have not yet tested the GBA emulators, but I think it works well. Snes, NES, MD, SMS, CPS1, CPS2, Neogeo, It runs Very well. I have not tested the other emulators (they are many, many). I only play the most classic ones like Snes, NES, MD, SMS and some ports. Then I'll link the tutorials, now I'm out of time.

sandra314

« Reply #667 on: January 20, 2019, 02:18:08 am »

Well, I have not yet tested the GBA emulators, but I think it works well. Snes, NES, MD, SMS, CPS1, CPS2, Neogeo, It runs Very well. I have not tested the other emulators (they are many, many). I only play the most classic ones like Snes, NES, MD, SMS and some ports. Then I'll link the tutorials, now I'm out of time.

Thanks a lot I'll wait until you have time to post them.

sandra314

« Reply #668 on: February 01, 2019, 04:58:26 pm »
Hello, I finally bought the RS-97 from Aliexpress, they sent the 1.0_S version though... Anyway, everything seems to work pretty fine (using UselessRS97 - Service Pack 6 + NERD's kernel).

But I'm having two issues:

- The NES games seems to flicker a little bit and the time is a bit faster (checked with Super Mario) (If Video Scaling is set to FS Fast, the flickering disappears).
- The Mega Drive emulator is not working at all, just a black screen.

Any help?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 05:06:06 pm by sandra314 »

Cralex

« Reply #669 on: February 01, 2019, 08:24:40 pm »
Hello, I finally bought the RS-97 from Aliexpress, they sent the 1.0_S version though... Anyway, everything seems to work pretty fine (using UselessRS97 - Service Pack 6 + NERD's kernel).

- The NES games seems to flicker a little bit and the time is a bit faster (checked with Super Mario) (If Video Scaling is set to FS Fast, the flickering disappears).

Any help?

If you?re using the NERDS kernel, you probably need the version of picodrive from here: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/475389845162819604/516255146649452579/PicoDrive_DoubleBuffer.rar

02k0

« Reply #670 on: February 01, 2019, 11:00:55 pm »

Any help?
Strange, mine works perfectly.

sandra314

« Reply #671 on: February 03, 2019, 07:29:16 pm »

Any help?

If you?re using the NERDS kernel, you probably need the version of picodrive from here: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/475389845162819604/516255146649452579/PicoDrive_DoubleBuffer.rar

Thanks! it worked! The only thing is that games have that weird flickering as the NES emulator. Any other emulator designed for NERDS kernel?

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #672 on: February 03, 2019, 07:51:31 pm »
Guys, do not use this firmware. RetroFW is much better now and supports IPU, better package management etc...
I'll be providing my emulators (Oswan, SMS_SDL, Handy) to this newer firmware instead.
Maybe i'll get around at making my own spin but not for now.

Cheers.

Please mods, delete this thread. (or lock it up at least)

EDIT: RetroFW does not support the RG Plus though. Maybe i'll be looking around at it. I have given some binaries for jutley to use with the RG Plus, so use his build if you own an RG Plus.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 07:56:45 pm by gameblabla »

02k0

« Reply #673 on: February 03, 2019, 07:54:13 pm »
Guys, do not use this firmware. RetroFW is much better now and supports IPU, better package management etc...
I'll be providing my emulators (Oswan, SMS_SDL, Handy) to this newer firmware instead.
Maybe i'll get around at making my own spin but not for now.

Cheers.

Please mods, delete this thread. (or lock it up at least)
Dear Gameblabla, can I get this from RetroFw?

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #674 on: February 03, 2019, 07:57:53 pm »
Do you mean where you can get it ?
It's here :
https://boards.dingoonity.org/ingenic-jz4760-devices/rs-97-custom-kernel-release/

Cheers

02k0

« Reply #675 on: February 03, 2019, 08:03:51 pm »
Do you mean where you can get it ?
It's here :
https://boards.dingoonity.org/ingenic-jz4760-devices/rs-97-custom-kernel-release/

Cheers
Link os dead? Don't work, error 404.

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #676 on: February 03, 2019, 09:00:22 pm »
Do you live in China ? If so grab it from my mirror :
https://gameblabla.nl/files/RetroFW_fix.rar

02k0

« Reply #677 on: February 03, 2019, 09:07:00 pm »
Do you live in China ? If so grab it from my mirror :
https://gameblabla.nl/files/RetroFW_fix.rar
No. Sorry, I from Brazil. Thanks, it's work on LCD v3.0?

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #678 on: February 03, 2019, 09:13:23 pm »
Yes, it is supported.

02k0

« Reply #679 on: February 03, 2019, 09:14:09 pm »
Yes, it is supported.
Very thanks!!! Good luck in your New projects.