Author Topic: UselessRS97 - Custom Firmware for the RS97  (Read 123585 times)

Pindos

Re: UselessRS97 - Custom Firmware for the RS97
« Reply #640 on: December 28, 2018, 10:54:17 am »
Hello everyone, prompt and on this version of a prefix it is possible to put opendingux? Here is a picture of the motherboard

Cralex

« Reply #641 on: December 28, 2018, 12:26:43 pm »
Yes, your unit should support the latest custom firmware, which includes a custom kernel to fix issues such as USB mount not working. Use the Universal Patcher found here: https://boards.dingoonity.org/ingenic-jz4760-devices/all-rs97-firmwares-here-(internal-external)-all-systems-supported/

Pindos

« Reply #642 on: December 29, 2018, 06:04:24 am »
Thank you, installed works. There are some bugs and not mounted SD card as well so almost everything works. :)

Cralex

« Reply #643 on: December 29, 2018, 07:08:43 am »
Thank you, installed works. There are some bugs and not mounted SD card as well so almost everything works. :)

Do you mean the external SD card isn?t mounted? It has to be formatted as fat32 or else it won?t get seen by the system. Larger SD cards often come formatted as exfat, so that might be the problem.

renejr902

« Reply #644 on: December 29, 2018, 08:21:27 am »
you should be able to add your games to your Sd card with a sd card adapter to your computer. If the computer dont see it. Install Mini tool partition wizard. With this program check the sd card drive. Maybe your sd card with the rs 97 partition dont have a LETTER in windows. This problem happen to me a few times. Add a letter to the sd card with Mini tool.
after that the computer will detect it, and you can add your games. AND use mini tool to EXPAND your partition. expand will give you a larger rs 97 partition to put your games.

ignasi09

« Reply #645 on: December 30, 2018, 03:04:50 pm »
I'm having problems with the installation of the firmware, after I burn the image with the Windows disk imager, I can't acces the folder, I get this error message: "the volume contains an unrecognized file system".

The image burning is correct because when I start the RS97 everything is correctly installated, but I can't fix the flickering errors and can't put roms on it, because with the usb cable I can't acces too, I get the message unsupported usb mount or something similar.

My model is the 2.1 16GB.

Thanks community!

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #646 on: December 30, 2018, 08:58:49 pm »
I'm having problems with the installation of the firmware, after I burn the image with the Windows disk imager, I can't acces the folder, I get this error message: "the volume contains an unrecognized file system".

The image burning is correct because when I start the RS97 everything is correctly installated, but I can't fix the flickering errors and can't put roms on it, because with the usb cable I can't acces too, I get the message unsupported usb mount or something similar.

My model is the 2.1 16GB.

Thanks community!
The USB mount error is a known issue. NERDS kernel fixed this particular issue. (Manufacturer intentionally broke USB so people could not remove the roms. Stupid reason but heh)
As for the flickering errors, it is also a known issue and unfortunately that was not totally fixed either, even with version 1.5 released by Jutley/Tony.
It will only be fixed (along with the performance issues) once for all after Tony is done with IPU support for old and new units. He only added IPU for new units so far so i can't even try it. (But pingflood told me the results are pretty and it fixed all the issues, performance, flickering etc... in one go)

That was the reason why i gave up on it (hence the warning first post) but it will get fixed soon. But right now, you are probably better off not using it and wait for him.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 09:04:15 pm by gameblabla »

Fishcakes

« Reply #647 on: December 30, 2018, 11:08:50 pm »
Hey gamablabla. Thanks for all your hard work. I know youve stopped working on this unit, but i wanted to know, is ONS functional?

Ive been trying to get it working for a few days and no matter what i do, the emulator hangs on the loading screen for a few seconds and then kicks me back out to the emu selection menu.

Jutleys

« Reply #648 on: January 02, 2019, 03:01:12 pm »
Find my new website for bittboy here https://jutleys.wixsite.com/bittboynew4u

And join my new bittboy discord servere here https://discord.gg/9qvpCqy

adventureFAN

« Reply #649 on: January 04, 2019, 07:24:45 am »
The ReGBA Emulator dosn't work on my 3.0 device.
Is that a common issue? =(
My Handhelds: PS Vita, PSP (1000), New 3DS, NDS lite, GBA SP (without Backlight),
LCL GameBoy (RPI3A+), GPD XD (non-Plus), PowKiddy X18, RG350 & PG2.

Favorite: GPD XD

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #650 on: January 04, 2019, 01:09:17 pm »
The ReGBA Emulator dosn't work on my 3.0 device.
Is that a common issue? =(
It is unfortunately and there's still no fix on it yet. Pingflood, Tony, and I still could not find a fix for it.
It crashes at the dynamic recompiler but the reason why said JIT works on JZ4760 and JZ4770 and most but not all JZ4760B don't is unknown.
I have tried porting other GBA emulators like VBA-M and mGBA but they run too slowly on the RS-97 unfortunately.
Our last hope is giving the C interpreter a try on reGBA but even then i doubt it will run as fast as a JIT but still crossing our fingers :c

adventureFAN

« Reply #651 on: January 04, 2019, 01:17:03 pm »
Damn... but thx for the answer and for your hard work. I crossing my fingers hard!

The Upscale-Option from gpSP is not so good =(
My Handhelds: PS Vita, PSP (1000), New 3DS, NDS lite, GBA SP (without Backlight),
LCL GameBoy (RPI3A+), GPD XD (non-Plus), PowKiddy X18, RG350 & PG2.

Favorite: GPD XD

SteNik

« Reply #652 on: January 07, 2019, 11:55:32 pm »
Hi everyone. I do not speak English very well! I recently joined. I have a problem with my rs-97 version 2.1new, picodrive does not work. I opendigungux as an operating system. How can I solve? thank you

jequido

« Reply #653 on: January 08, 2019, 01:25:34 pm »

Good morning, use the version PicoDrive_Doublebuffer

SteNik

« Reply #654 on: January 08, 2019, 09:46:09 pm »
thank you so much. I solved!!!! I have another question, can I put the saga genesis emulator full-screen? I can not find the setting to do it

renejr902

« Reply #655 on: January 09, 2019, 11:47:37 pm »
i cant get picodrive working in double buffering with my v2.1 (16bg + NEW SCREEN) neither fceux with double buffering enable in fceux.cfg
Maybe it works in double buffering BUT the screen is all flcikering with low brightness. Can you help me please.
thanks a lot ( i patched 141firmware with your patch, and i even tried to patch the universal patcher firmware with it)
i just tried with firmware 1.6 useless firmware, dont work too in double buffering.

Note: this is my unit: Revision 2.1 (New units) JZ4760B (Fixed usb)

EDIT: Jutley tried to help me and sent me a picodrive and gpsp build with double buffering, but it still dont work:
i email him this:

" its bad. it doesnt work again. Picodrive and gpsp have flickering problem.
maybe double buffering is working, but its unplayable with the flickering problem.
i can show you a video if needed.
I hope you can still help me.
All emulator dont have a option for vsync so double buffering is necessary, because so much tearing or stuttering

Thanks a lot , i appreciated A LOT your help !

Note: this is my unit: Revision 2.1 (New units) JZ4760B (Fixed usb)

( note: if possible after the picodrive and gpsp problem is corrected, i would love to have fceux and Oh boy in double buffering too ;) "

THANKS FOR HELP

Please Nobody is able to help me with double buffering?
( Jutley or tonyjih or Gameblabla maybe?) thanks for help.

( im sad. Do you have any idea or special build to get picodrive and/or others emulators in Double Buffering, with my RS-97
v2.1.  All emulators have a lot of tearing and stuttering, so i hope double buffering will correct it. I dont have this problem with my gcw zero. But i prefer the rs-97. Thanks)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 12:00:42 am by renejr902 »

jequido

« Reply #656 on: January 10, 2019, 07:01:26 pm »

Congratulations Gameblabla for your great project. Are you congratulations !!! do not give up on rs-97, here in my country it is starting to be very sold.

Discover my English, I'm from Brazil.

draxd

« Reply #657 on: January 11, 2019, 05:55:12 pm »
Hello everyone. I'm noob here just one question:
Is there UselessRS97 for v3 (2019.9.19) ?
If there is please can you provide info where to get it.

Thanx

far

« Reply #658 on: January 11, 2019, 06:32:38 pm »

Thanx

https://rs97.bitgala.xyz/00.%20RS97-RS07%20Firmwares/Useless%20Firmwares/

draxd

« Reply #659 on: January 11, 2019, 08:38:11 pm »

Thanx

https://rs97.bitgala.xyz/00.%20RS97-RS07%20Firmwares/Useless%20Firmwares/

Hi,

Thank you for reply. I have tried UselessRS97 on this device and stock image works better on it.
This device looks like complete scam to me. No emulator works properly. I also have RetroMini and it
is similar but at least GBA works pretty much OK on it.

Update:
After playing around little bit more I managed to make UselessRS97 working much nicer on my device.
It is not great but much better than stock firmware.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 11:24:00 pm by draxd »

Post a new topic
Post a new topic