Author Topic: UselessRS97 - Custom Firmware for the RS97  (Read 123072 times)

02k0

Re: UselessRS97 - Custom Firmware for the RS97
« Reply #580 on: October 22, 2018, 12:24:43 am »
Is there a specific version to work on UselessRS-97? any link?

Enviado de meu Moto G (4) usando o Tapatalk
Regular DOOM 1 wads should work. We're not allowed to link and you're not allowed to ask for a link or links.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
You can sent via  MP?
Best Regards.

no but with little effort you can find them yourself in minutes. google is your friend.
No problem. Thanks.

Jutleys

« Reply #581 on: October 22, 2018, 11:03:57 am »
Thanks to leachim6 for all the help and the server we have updated the server with all the latest stock firmwares for rs97 and rs07 along with all the latest firmwares for useless firmwares.
Today i have updated our server and a lot easier to understand what versions of firmwares to download for what device the link is below.

https://rs97.bitgala.xyz/00.%20RS97-RS07%20Firmwares/
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 11:06:33 am by jutley »

02k0

« Reply #582 on: October 22, 2018, 05:56:19 pm »
Thanks to leachim6 for all the help and the server we have updated the server with all the latest stock firmwares for rs97 and rs07 along with all the latest firmwares for useless firmwares.
Today i have updated our server and a lot easier to understand what versions of firmwares to download for what device the link is below.

Sorry even more I did not understand how to run Doom on RS-97. Could someone give me a light, I am extremely NOOB..

HercTNT

« Reply #583 on: October 22, 2018, 06:50:58 pm »

Sorry even more I did not understand how to run Doom on RS-97. Could someone give me a light, I am extremely NOOB..

You need to connect your rs-97 to your pc with the usb cable included in the unit. then turn the rs-97 on. when it boots it will ask you to push "A" to connect usb. Push A then a window should pop up showing you the contents of the rs-97. Navigate to the games directory then to the chocolate doom directory. copy your doom wad files into the chocolate doom directory. Disconnect usb and wait for the rs-97 to reboot. Now try to run chocolate doom, a screen will pop up looking for the wad file you wish to use. navigate through the directory to where you copied the wad file and select it. Doom should now run. Good luck.

02k0

« Reply #584 on: October 23, 2018, 03:51:49 am »

You need to connect your rs-97 to your pc with the usb cable included in the unit. then turn the rs-97 on. when it boots it will ask you to push "A" to connect usb. Push A then a window should pop up showing you the contents of the rs-97. Navigate to the games directory then to the chocolate doom directory. copy your doom wad files into the chocolate doom directory. Disconnect usb and wait for the rs-97 to reboot. Now try to run chocolate doom, a screen will pop up looking for the wad file you wish to use. navigate through the directory to where you copied the wad file and select it. Doom should now run. Good luck.
Okay, thank you, sir. I managed to play Chocolate Doom to perfection, however, I repeated the procedure for the other versions, Heretic, Hexen and Strife, but unfortunately, these other versions did not run. I have already tested other .WAD files and still have not succeeded, is there any more procedure?

HercTNT

« Reply #585 on: October 23, 2018, 04:43:32 am »

Okay, thank you, sir. I managed to play Chocolate Doom to perfection, however, I repeated the procedure for the other versions, Heretic, Hexen and Strife, but unfortunately, these other versions did not run. I have already tested other .WAD files and still have not succeeded, is there any more procedure?

Nope, they should all work exactly the same assuming you have the correct wad files. The one exception for me atleast is Hexen. It locks up upon loading. I have never got it to function correctly

02k0

« Reply #586 on: October 23, 2018, 03:29:16 pm »

Nope, they should all work exactly the same assuming you have the correct wad files. The one exception for me atleast is Hexen. It locks up upon loading. I have never got it to function correctly

Okay. I was able to run Hexen, Chocolate and Strife, the Heretic don't run. How to play ECWolf?

renejr902

« Reply #587 on: October 24, 2018, 08:14:06 pm »
Hi!  I try to find a way to get the real gambatte from GCW-ZERO working on the RS-97. i cant get it to load. ( im the guy that get working some emulators on the pap kiii 1-2 months.)

the gambatte on this 4.1 firmware is not the real popular gambatte its '' gamebatte '' emulator , or maybe is a very old version. The gambatte on the gcw zero is the best gb gbc emulators available. its a version release in march 2018.

Could someone do something about it. its my favorite gb gbc emulator.

Thanks for help

Note: its this one:

https://boards.dingoonity.org/gcw-releases/gambatte-13651/

I WOULD BE SO HAPPY !!! thanks for help guys!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 08:28:10 pm by renejr902 »

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #588 on: October 25, 2018, 01:33:40 am »
Hi!  I try to find a way to get the real gambatte from GCW-ZERO working on the RS-97. i cant get it to load. ( im the guy that get working some emulators on the pap kiii 1-2 months.)
the gambatte on this 4.1 firmware is not the real popular gambatte its '' gamebatte '' emulator , or maybe is a very old version. The gambatte on the gcw zero is the best gb gbc emulators available. its a version release in march 2018.

Hi-ban never released the source code for his version of Gambatte, violating its license... despite numerous requests for it.
There's no way to make the binary work, due to the differences in screen size and the MIPS 32 r2 architecture, while the RS-97 is MIPS 32 r1 only. Sorry but you'll have to suck it up this time.

Btw speaking of Gambatte, the "new" version provided by Jutley (which was compiled by someone else) on his firmware does not fix the double lining issue : this breaks it on new units.
The 2 new games i think also have this issue if i'm not mistaken, no one tried them on new units. (I've been told it's works properly though ?)

Okay. I was able to run Hexen, Chocolate and Strife, the Heretic don't run. How to play ECWolf?
To play Wolfenstein 3D (or Spear of Destiny or Super Noah's Ark 3D), you need to have the wl1, wl6 files in a directory.
Then point ECWolf towards one of the wl1, wl6 files and run it. Btw, it seems to be incompatible with the Shareware Apogee version.
Even the mainline version still can't run it so it's not my fault this time...
I'm surprised that you can't play Heretic, it works for me.

I may have to do another SP release to fix some the other issues.. Most notably allowing controls changes for Heretic, Doom etc... and porting Doom legacy eventually.

HercTNT

« Reply #589 on: October 25, 2018, 02:02:39 am »
Whatever you do take your time. No need to burn out. This community is greatly appreciative of what you have done and surely would welcome any future contributions. It was not long ago that some predicted that the rs-97 would never run anything as well as it does today. Especially playstation. Your hard work with the help of others have proven that prediction very wrong. Thank you.

02k0

« Reply #590 on: October 25, 2018, 03:19:22 am »

Hi-ban never released the source code for his version of Gambatte, violating its license... despite numerous requests for it.
There's no way to make the binary work, due to the differences in screen size and the MIPS 32 r2 architecture, while the RS-97 is MIPS 32 r1 only. Sorry but you'll have to suck it up this time.

Btw speaking of Gambatte, the "new" version provided by Jutley (which was compiled by someone else) on his firmware does not fix the double lining issue : this breaks it on new units.
The 2 new games i think also have this issue if i'm not mistaken, no one tried them on new units. (I've been told it's works properly though ?)

To play Wolfenstein 3D (or Spear of Destiny or Super Noah's Ark 3D), you need to have the wl1, wl6 files in a directory.
Then point ECWolf towards one of the wl1, wl6 files and run it. Btw, it seems to be incompatible with the Shareware Apogee version.

I may have to do another SP release to fix some the other issues.. Most notably allowing controls changes for Heretic, Doom etc... and porting Doom legacy eventually.
Thank you, Gameblabla. I'm from Brazil. Your Firmware is making a lot of success here. I know that here in the forum it is forbidden to request links and other things, however, would it be possible to get some doubts via E-mail or MP?

renejr902

« Reply #591 on: October 25, 2018, 11:56:16 am »

Thanks so much for answer, its really appreciated. what do you means by that '' The 2 new games i think also have this issue if i'm not mistaken, no one tried them on new units. I've been told it's works properly though ? '' ?
by the way i think the old gambatte with 1.41 firmware has this double line issues.. i see strange double lines in mario land 2 background. is it a way to get the sound and music louder with oh boy emulator ?
about psx4all, i tried Rally cross and Rayman, but they are a little too slow, and i dont find a option for frameskip.. any idea? is it a way to get overclock.dge to work with the rs-97. it works with pap kiii.
and last question, im interested to try to get working the last gambatte version from Jutley website , i cant find it, can you give me a link, thanks

to be honest i had SEVERAL handheld console, and i prefer the RS-97 more than pap kiii and even more than gcw zero.
the RS-97 still beat to me the gp2x f100, gp2x wiz ,caanoo, gp32 and dingoo a320. the RS-97 dpad and buttons are so great vs the others handheld console. Only my ps vita with henkaku 3.60 is a better option to me. i have a nvidia shield too but i dont like it , its too big. 

edit:
im confuse. which one is better:

firmware 1.41

Firmware141_new21_JZ4760B.img.7z

or

Firmware_v15_new21_JZ4760B.7z

the last Jutley release:
https://boards.dingoonity.org/ingenic-jz4760-devices/all-rs97-firmwares-here-(internal-external)-all-systems-supported/

Thanks for answer guys.
note: right now, since yesterday, i have installed Firmware141_new21_JZ4760B.img.7z with sp6.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 12:26:44 pm by renejr902 »

Cralex

UselessRS97 - Custom Firmware for the RS97
« Reply #592 on: October 25, 2018, 03:28:30 pm »

Thanks so much for answer, its really appreciated. what do you means by that '' The 2 new games i think also have this issue if i'm not mistaken, no one tried them on new units. I've been told it's works properly though ? '' ?
by the way i think the old gambatte with 1.41 firmware has this double line issues.. i see strange double lines in mario land 2 background. is it a way to get the sound and music louder with oh boy emulator ?
about psx4all, i tried Rally cross and Rayman, but they are a little too slow, and i dont find a option for frameskip.. any idea? is it a way to get overclock.dge to work with the rs-97. it works with pap kiii.
and last question, im interested to try to get working the last gambatte version from Jutley website , i cant find it, can you give me a link, thanks

to be honest i had SEVERAL handheld console, and i prefer the RS-97 more than pap kiii and even more than gcw zero.
the RS-97 still beat to me the gp2x f100, gp2x wiz ,caanoo, gp32 and dingoo a320. the RS-97 dpad and buttons are so great vs the others handheld console. Only my ps vita with henkaku 3.60 is a better option to me. i have a nvidia shield too but i dont like it , its too big. 

edit:

firmware 1.41

or

the last Jutley release:
https://boards.dingoonity.org/ingenic-jz4760-devices/all-rs97-firmwares-here-(internal-external)-all-systems-supported/

Thanks for answer guys.
note: right now, since yesterday, i have installed Firmware141_new21_JZ4760B.img.7z with sp6.

The release by Jutley is (mostly) just version 1.4 by gameblabla with the latest service pack pre-applied (so you don?t have to do it yourself) with a few older versions of various applications (to get around bugs present in the latest versions) and two new games, Hex-A-Hop and Powermanga. I believe that gameblabla was referring to these two new games, and wondering whether or not they would work properly on new units.

If it?s not too much of a hassle, you should probably flash Jutley?s firmware. Otherwise, you can find the changed apps around the boards and on discord.

PlayStation emulation is really pushing the boundaries of what the RS-97 is capable of. Depending on which version of psx4all you have, you should be able to find frameskip options in the emulator menu or in the separate psx4all settings application. There is a compatibility list (that you can contribute to) here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_R4UGMc7mpnAvRfmFOww9uW1QgyYuFGBE-XatHI8K_w As a general rule, most (but not all) 2D games work well and 3D games (with VERY few exceptions) do not.

As a final note, you don?t need overclock.dge. You can overclock any game or application by highlighting it on the menu, pressing Select, choosing to edit the application, and increasing the clock speed. This is also where you can set the default directory for several emulations, so you don?t have to browse to where your ROMs are every time.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 03:31:13 pm by Cralex »

renejr902

« Reply #593 on: October 25, 2018, 04:31:44 pm »

edit:

firmware 1.41

or

the last Jutley release:

Thanks for answer guys.

The release by Jutley is (mostly) just version 1.4 by gameblabla with the latest service pack pre-applied (so you don?t have to do it yourself) with a few older versions of various applications (to get around bugs present in the latest versions) and two new games, Hex-A-Hop and Powermanga. I believe that gameblabla was referring to these two new games, and wondering whether or not they would work properly on new units.

If it?s not too much of a hassle, you should probably flash Jutley?s firmware. Otherwise, you can find the changed apps around the boards and on discord.

PlayStation emulation is really pushing the boundaries of what the RS-97 is capable of. Depending on which version of psx4all you have, you should be able to find frameskip options in the emulator menu or in the separate psx4all settings application. There is a compatibility list (that you can contribute to) here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_R4UGMc7mpnAvRfmFOww9uW1QgyYuFGBE-XatHI8K_w As a general rule, most (but not all) 2D games work well and 3D games (with VERY few exceptions) do not.

As a final note, you don?t need overclock.dge. You can overclock any game or application by highlighting it on the menu, pressing Select, choosing to edit the application, and increasing the clock speed. This is also where you can set the default directory for several emulations, so you don?t have to browse to where your ROMs are every time.

Thanks so much for all the answers, its really appreciated!!

3 others questions

1. I cant find SNES (Snes9x4d) in the 1.41 firmware or jutley v15 ?
should i add it by myself, i found the file on jutley website.
is it compatible ? it seems in the list of firmware 1.3
2. Can i use any 16gb microsd or bigger microsd card to use with the Rs-97 ( i use the internal method)
3. is it a way to get the sound and music louder with oh boy emulator ?
4. Can i use palette with this older version of gambatte, or at least force a gb game to use a palette. i have my owns gambatte palette i made by myself. THANKS

thanks guys for answers again

NOTE: i just tested the two games. No problem at all. NO double lines or scanline problem...
i have the last 2.1 version with newer screen.
NOTE2: with Firmware v15 by Jutley :PSX4ALL cause a FLICKERING Problem with game at least Rally Cross, BUT the problem is not present with 1.41 firmware version by gameblabla
SAME PROBLEM WITH GPSP, flickering problem with Jutley version but not with 1.41
SAME PROBLEM WITH NEO GEO, flickering problem with Jutley version but not with 1.41
About FCEUX with both firmware, the screen is flickering with all modes, except FS FAST. But thats fine for me i prefer this mode ;)
About Pocketsnes with both firmware, the screen is flickering with all modes, except ORIGINAL.
By the way, im 100% sure of these problem, because i use both emulators from each firmware on the same microsd.
i made a folder emus2 with all emulators from 1.41.  and emus folder is from v15 from Jutley.
i made new entries in menu too to test this.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 05:40:13 pm by renejr902 »

bitrider

« Reply #594 on: October 25, 2018, 05:37:26 pm »
Thanks for all your hard work gameblabla. I've installed firmware 1.41 and it's a big leap forward.

Again thanks dude.

Please, don't get burn, take your time.

I will try to work from time to time on the remaining non-working software that is on the first post. As much time as real life allow me.

Right now I've a PocketSNES a bit faster than the current one (10-19% faster) due to some parts of the graphics pipeline modified and recoded in mips32 assembly. I just have to get time to port changes to your  PocketSNES fork.

HercTNT

« Reply #595 on: October 25, 2018, 06:36:20 pm »
Thanks for all your hard work gameblabla. I've installed firmware 1.41 and it's a big leap forward.

Again thanks dude.

I will try to work from time to time on the remaining non-working software that is on the first post. As much time as real life allow me.

Right now I've a PocketSNES a bit faster than the current one (10-19% faster) due to some parts of the graphics pipeline modified and recoded in mips32 assembly. I just have to get time to port changes to your  PocketSNES fork.

Amazing thank you. I was testing some of the more demanding games with just the last version and results were really good. With frameskip set to auto and renderer set to fullscreen fast, games like Seiken densetsu 3 and mario kart work near flawless. Even yoshi's island is approaching playability. With that extra speedboost who knows ;)

renejr902, i'm not sure why you would want to run snes9x4d. compared to pocketsnes it has terrible compatibility and sound.

renejr902

« Reply #596 on: October 25, 2018, 06:44:01 pm »

Again thanks dude.

Amazing thank you. I was testing some of the more demanding games with just the last version and results were really good. With frameskip set to auto and renderer set to fullscreen fast, games like Seiken densetsu 3 and mario kart work near flawless. Even yoshi's island is approaching playability. With that extra speedboost who knows ;)

renejr902, i'm not sure why you would want to run snes9x4d. compared to pocketsnes it has terrible compatibility and sound.

ok thanks i didnt remember !! snes9x4d was the only one working with the pap kiii. i didnt have my gcw zero anymore to compare them

riverinwoods

« Reply #597 on: October 26, 2018, 09:02:26 am »
Updated service pack 16 for 1.3/ 2.1 (old version), everything algud so far but openbor flickers like crazy now....? Anyone else have problems with that?...

Jutleys

« Reply #598 on: October 26, 2018, 06:27:13 pm »

edit:

firmware 1.41

or

the last Jutley release:

Thanks for answer guys.

Thanks so much for all the answers, its really appreciated!!

3 others questions

1. I cant find SNES (Snes9x4d) in the 1.41 firmware or jutley v15 ?
should i add it by myself, i found the file on jutley website.
is it compatible ? it seems in the list of firmware 1.3
2. Can i use any 16gb microsd or bigger microsd card to use with the Rs-97 ( i use the internal method)
3. is it a way to get the sound and music louder with oh boy emulator ?
4. Can i use palette with this older version of gambatte, or at least force a gb game to use a palette. i have my owns gambatte palette i made by myself. THANKS

thanks guys for answers again

NOTE: i just tested the two games. No problem at all. NO double lines or scanline problem...
i have the last 2.1 version with newer screen.
NOTE2: with Firmware v15 by Jutley :PSX4ALL cause a FLICKERING Problem with game at least Rally Cross, BUT the problem is not present with 1.41 firmware version by gameblabla
SAME PROBLEM WITH GPSP, flickering problem with Jutley version but not with 1.41
SAME PROBLEM WITH NEO GEO, flickering problem with Jutley version but not with 1.41
About FCEUX with both firmware, the screen is flickering with all modes, except FS FAST. But thats fine for me i prefer this mode ;)
About Pocketsnes with both firmware, the screen is flickering with all modes, except ORIGINAL.
By the way, im 100% sure of these problem, because i use both emulators from each firmware on the same microsd.
i made a folder emus2 with all emulators from 1.41.  and emus folder is from v15 from Jutley.
i made new entries in menu too to test this.

Try it again i have reworked the images should be good now.

Yan

« Reply #599 on: October 28, 2018, 01:23:50 am »

Toolchain for developers (compiled against Debian unstable glibc 2.27) :
https://mega.nz/#!j2hVAYqa!yAaliiN6LSOsWmOAuZCw_4E8fxbPTzlm5ovf4qLe3Sg

Hi @gameblabla , just wonder if the toolchain has any updates or changes? Is this the latest one you use for the last firmware build?

Thanks~

Post a new topic