• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Coolboy RS-97 (JZ4760 JZ4760B) (RetroGame 45$ Dingux handheld  (Read 548580 times)

vabi

Re: Coolboy RS-97 (JZ4760 JZ4760B) (RetroGame 45$ Dingux handheld
« Reply #2300 on: June 11, 2019, 06:09:15 am »
If conductive pad is that black circle in membrane I don't think so, I rotated it 90 degrees and it's still worse when clicked down than any other direction. I also tried cleaning that pads on motherboard but I don't think it really made any difference.

HercTNT

« Reply #2301 on: June 11, 2019, 07:00:07 am »
If conductive pad is that black circle in membrane I don't think so, I rotated it 90 degrees and it's still worse when clicked down than any other direction. I also tried cleaning that pads on motherboard but I don't think it really made any difference.
I truly wish i could provide more help. there have been various small issues with the device but that's a new one. i have three rs-97's and all work fine. maybe try to reflash the firmware?

ChrisRR

« Reply #2302 on: June 11, 2019, 11:20:55 pm »
Does anyone know where I can order one (an aliexpress seller maybe) to make sure I get a V2 Plus and not a V1?

eltehero

« Reply #2303 on: June 12, 2019, 06:47:28 pm »
Does anyone know where I can order one (an aliexpress seller maybe) to make sure I get a V2 Plus and not a V1?

I got my v2 plus from tomtop so they are confirmed seller.

https://www.tomtop.com/p-f1920.html

ChrisRR

« Reply #2304 on: June 17, 2019, 01:26:29 am »
I received my RS-97 plus V2 today and I notice some weird ghosting on the display.  It only happens when the screen goes to black and the image takes about a second to fade away.

Has anyone else noticed this?

berd

« Reply #2305 on: June 19, 2019, 10:48:46 pm »
is that a new edition?
https://youtu.be/HbvHdfOhS6I found that video while I searched for videos about the RG 300

ChrisRR

« Reply #2306 on: June 20, 2019, 12:02:22 am »
is that a new edition?
https://youtu.be/HbvHdfOhS6I found that video while I searched for videos about the RG 300
Yes it's the V3.0 with an IPS display

gsoft

Re: Coolboy RS-97 RetroGame 45$ Dingux handheld
« Reply #2307 on: June 27, 2019, 04:46:28 pm »
GMU link off  :'(

Firstly, thanks to the contribution from my friend TonyJih
He helps to improve the quality of ReGBA emulator (bugfix for Aspect rate) and find out the major bug in current stock firmware about SDL double buffer issue.
He also add a new feature (GBA border)for ReGBA emulator and it looks very good and beautiful.
In next release, this emulator will also be included.
How about ReGBA compare with Revo K101P, ha ha :)
The other test app is GMU MP3 player, kindly feedback your issue back to my github. Thanks
Enjoy !

ReGBA:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x1GUtbnF7d8HLcsYR2mlIdhbw23_Aj0d/view?usp=sharing

GMU:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uCmoZiTiUs3mgJN4cS0Ls0KpddezMdhM/view?usp=sharing

In next release (shoud be on 3/13), HOME folder will be changed to ROM partition and all of games/emulators will be moved to ROM partition except GMenu2X.
In general, I will release upgrade package to update your device.
Any suggestions are welcome !

michaelpegaso

Re: Coolboy RS-97 RetroGame 45$ Dingux handheld
« Reply #2308 on: June 29, 2019, 09:30:16 pm »
GMU link off  :'(

Firstly, thanks to the contribution from my friend TonyJih
He helps to improve the quality of ReGBA emulator (bugfix for Aspect rate) and find out the major bug in current stock firmware about SDL double buffer issue.
He also add a new feature (GBA border)for ReGBA emulator and it looks very good and beautiful.
In next release, this emulator will also be included.
How about ReGBA compare with Revo K101P, ha ha :)
The other test app is GMU MP3 player, kindly feedback your issue back to my github. Thanks
Enjoy !

ReGBA:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x1GUtbnF7d8HLcsYR2mlIdhbw23_Aj0d/view?usp=sharing

GMU:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uCmoZiTiUs3mgJN4cS0Ls0KpddezMdhM/view?usp=sharing

In next release (shoud be on 3/13), HOME folder will be changed to ROM partition and all of games/emulators will be moved to ROM partition except GMenu2X.
In general, I will release upgrade package to update your device.
Any suggestions are welcome !

https://mega.nz/#F!B5xCXZRC!XTt2dsNCeNljYsGW_onUTg

RustedArmor

« Reply #2309 on: July 14, 2019, 10:03:33 am »
Does anyone else has problems with d-pad on rs-97 rev 3.0? Mine works fine in 3 directions: up, left, right, but down is slightly less reactive, that's a little bit annoying.

If your problems are persisting I may be interested in buying your unit for parts.

b3nb123

« Reply #2310 on: July 23, 2019, 01:48:38 pm »
I just tried to install the CFW on my RS-97 v3 and it hasn't worked. Hoped you knowledgeable guys might be able to help?

Writing the image to my 64GB SD didn't create a rom partition (checked using minitools) so I tried putting it in the RS-(&s internal slot anyway, and the first thing it did was expand the partitions itself. Great! Didn't expect that. Connected to my PC with USB and I have a nice large drive, roms, emu, apps folders etc. SO I copied over some roms.

However, there's no emulators. The only top headings I have are the file manager and settings. So I copied on an emulator, tried pressing select, choosing 'add shortcut' But it doesn't have the option to add an emulator. Not sure what I've done wrong but it doesn't look like any of the examples or guides I've seen online!
Is there an alternative image for CFW I can use? I don't need any roms, I have plenty of those!

Meanwhile, I've tried it on the normal firmware, and it's not bad - except (Again, I wonder if anyone can help?) The NeoGeo games keep asking 'insert coin' but the start button doesn't register as a coin. Nothing does. One of them did run once but can't get it to run again!

SoulCat

« Reply #2311 on: July 23, 2019, 04:59:15 pm »
You can install any Emulator or game by using IPK package.

Simply copy IPK to SD and start is in the Explorer tool.
Wait a short time and enjoy ?

jamespoo1

« Reply #2312 on: October 21, 2019, 10:57:00 am »
i have the first version of the rs-97 with cfw but have a problem

some times i will use the device for a couple of mins battery is at a very good %  but if i power it off then connect to the usb then power it on i sometime will get a green battery flashing and no way to turn device off i have to let it sit plugged in till device turns on its so annoying even tho battery is almost fully charged i think the % it shows for battery life is wrong

is there a fix for this
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 11:13:56 am by jamespoo1 »

jamespoo1

« Reply #2313 on: November 17, 2019, 02:35:34 am »

some times i will use the device for a couple of mins battery is at a very good %  but if i power it off then connect to the usb then power it on i sometime will get a green battery flashing and no way to turn device off i have to let it sit plugged in till device turns on its so annoying even tho battery is almost fully charged i think the % it shows for battery life is wrong

is there a fix for this

can anybody help?

LauweLoempia

« Reply #2314 on: November 19, 2019, 10:32:08 pm »

is there a fix for this

can anybody help?

Ok. I know this is not a fix but I personally charge these devices only when they are not on. I have the feeling that a lot of these devices have very poor grounding/dirty ground. Not only does this lead to a continuous 'buzz' trough the speaker but also some quirky power glitches when charging. Even expensive devices (like the GPD XD) have had some very serious flaws in their power management...  So best advice: try to avoid charging devices that are on.

In order to find the try source of your problems:
- And after fully charging, how much play time do you get out of a charge? It could be the battery is bad:
- When the play time is ok you can try to play and charge using a USB charger. See if the problem still occurs. Try a couple of different chargers to see if it is charger specific. If you are experiencing problems its most likely a problem of your unit.
- If you do not have problems with USB chargers but DO have problems with a PC it could be your firmware is not handeling a data connection properly. Try the laters CFW on a new blank SD card to see if this fixes the problem. However, if you have a corrupted SD or other firmware issues I guess you would have notices it already when playing games ;-)

Good, luck and let me know what you find!

odjinan

« Reply #2315 on: December 21, 2019, 08:35:45 pm »
RetroFW 2.0 is out for a LOT of devices!

https://github.com/retrofw/firmware/wiki/Install-Firmware

probably all rs97 variant, ldk, rs07...

https://github.com/retrofw/firmware

RetroFW Changelog

The next list is all the changes registered on the custom firmware version updates.
2.0 (Dec 20, 2019)

Added support for Retro Arcade Mini (RS-07)
    Added support for IPS displays
    OPK (squashfs) packages are now supported alongside IPK
    OPK files can be stored on an external SD card
    Auto-scan for OPK files on the external SD card
    exFAT filesystem is now supported on external SD cards
    OPKs and IPKs can be uninstalled from the main menu
    TV out (limits CPU to 528MHz when in use)
    Scale mode allows you to stretch your games to Aspect, Original, or Stretch
    Scale mode on the Retro Mini Arcade (RS-07) additionally supports 4:3 mode
    Low battery notification
    Significant improvements in memory utilization and performance
    Recovery mode with device tools including remote access; developer mode
    Force kill current application (SELECT+POWER)
    Updated default theme based on Fontes theme
    In-game device suspend by holding Power for 3 seconds

Boot Combos

Hold (Power || Select) + (A || B): Recovery mode
    Hold (Power || Select) + Y: Developer mode <- previously was L
    Hold R on boot: Boot external SD card

System combos

Select + Power: Kill init pid
    Hold power ~300ms: Enter suspend mode
    Hold power >4000ms: Power of the device

ConZoli

« Reply #2316 on: May 22, 2021, 03:21:32 pm »
Hello,

I bought 2pcs of PS-97 consoles with motherboard version 2.1, but one of them stopped working. The problem is that when it starts, shows a white screen and does not want to boot. I exchanged the internal 4GB SD cards and the battery, but still did not want to load. When connected to a USB cable, the computer does not detect it. I tried pressing the Reset button or holding the Power on, but that didn't solve the problem. Is there a way to fix or reinstall the boot menu?

I'm uploading a video with the problem:
https://youtu.be/Tz-gr-sIsDU