• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: New OPK release of English GMU Music Player 0.10.1  (Read 606 times)

JORGETECH (OP)

New OPK release of English GMU Music Player 0.10.1
« on: February 18, 2021, 01:11:52 pm »
The previous version of my GMU port to RetroFW suffered from an MP3 playback issue, the player wouldn't play MP3 files and it wouldn't play any music files after that.

After some extensive troubleshooting I was finally able to fix MP3 playback. And now the app is distributed as an OPK for RetroFW 2.0+ devices.

You can get the new version here: https://github.com/JORGETECH/gmu/releases/download/v0.10.1-retrofw-opk/gmu-retrofw.opk

Thanks to all the people that reported the MP3 playback issue on Dingoonity and to Poligraf and Pingflood from the RetroFW Discord server for helping me on the troubleshooting process (and setting up the toolchain properly).

lint_saber

Re: New OPK release of English GMU Music Player 0.10.1
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2021, 04:27:17 am »
It does not allow saving the playlists from the console. This message "failed to save in playlist * n *" when looking for the gmu folder in the root, not have the decoders or the playlists, but I only have the problem with the playlists. I make the observation from here since I could not in hithub
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 07:20:33 am by lint_saber »

lug0

Re: New OPK release of English GMU Music Player 0.10.1
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2021, 09:03:01 am »
Gmu Music Player source released on Github

The Gmu source code is now available on Github. There are also a couple of previously unreleased features and a new branch of Gmu that supports the more modern SDL2 (instead of SDL1.2).

If you want to build Gmu yourself, go check it out.

Does your version support coverart ?
I have a stock GMU version on the SD card provided by the chinese manufacturer, and it works right out of the box but does not display coverart.

EDIT : Nevermind. I found this release by guangmingwan that does support coverart.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 06:24:38 pm by lug0 »

Post a new topic