• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: My IPK/OPK builds for RetroFW (RS-97/LDK/RG-300)  (Read 72726 times)

gameblabla (OP)

Re: My IPK/OPK builds for RetroFW (RS-97/LDK/RG-300)
« Reply #240 on: October 11, 2020, 05:55:39 am »
So unfortunately my website is still down because they don't work Satursday... xox

I also reuploaded some of my RetroFW ports and took the time to also do some fixes, namely those being :

- SMS Plus GX & Handy, with triple buffering finally working properly with sound.
Previously enabling it would cause issues with sound but i found that tweaking the soundrate & buffer size just right fixes that issue

- SMS Plus GX also has other improvements, the main one being IPU scaling working properly. It also supports zipped colecovision roms, improves the speed for Scale2x scaling (still kinda slow) and fixes potential crashes.

- Handy also has numerous improvements, namely some crashing fixes, IPU support and should run a tad faster too.

- ECWolf gets a new OPK and was updated to the latest bitbucket git commit. No huge changes but it was also profiled so it should run fairly good.

- KETM was ported as an OPK. No other changes other than that.

- Quake 2 was also made into an OPK. No other changes but it seems to run a bit faster than before.

- Cannonball was recompiled and PGO'd. No huge changes other than that.

The temporary link for OPKs is :
https://gitlab.com/gameblabla/gameblabla-releases/-/tree/master/opk/retrofw

Note that not everything is available rn because i'm taking the time to recompile them and update them. Most are here but Quake 1 is still missing. (to be honest, it was quite crashy sooo yeah but it doesn't work as an OPK yet)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 06:04:16 am by gameblabla »

DaniGMX

« Reply #241 on: November 06, 2020, 03:47:16 pm »
Hi gameblabla, thank you for your hard work. I've been unable to run the latest SMS Plus GX (https://gitlab.com/gameblabla/gameblabla-releases/-/blob/master/opk/retrofw/smsplus_retrofw.opk) on my RS97 under RetroFW 2.2.

The opk does install, but I can't load any SMS or GG rom. I tried an old (2019) IPK build and it works.

EDIT: Oct 10 build also works (https://gameblabla.nl/files/ipk/retrofw/smsplus_retrofw.opk)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 10:32:29 am by DaniGMX »

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #242 on: November 08, 2020, 04:17:47 am »
Several new ports as requested by some users :
- Eningma
This is based upon the same GCW0 port that was done by senquack previously, except this time it's playable with just the DPAD.
It runs pretty smooth (although it does take some time to load).

- CSE2.
CSE2 is a recreation of the Cave story engine that was disassembled from the Linux port compiled with debug symbols.
This should not be confused with NXEngine, which is another open source engine for Cave story but that was made from scratch rather than from a disassembly.
This engine should fix some issues with enemy behaviour (the enemies in the forest area should be less difficult to deal with, like the original game) as well as fix the music/sound issues as this creation uses the same music/sound engine from the official game that was recently open sourced.

Both ports can be found in the link in my first post.

Hi gameblabla, thank you for your hard work. I've been unable to run the latest SMS Plus GX (https://gitlab.com/gameblabla/gameblabla-releases/-/blob/master/opk/retrofw/smsplus_retrofw.opk) on my RS97 under RetroFW 2.2.
I do not quite understand this... I have re-updated & reprofiled it just in case as it works fine on my side.

DaniGMX

« Reply #243 on: November 08, 2020, 11:13:38 am »
I can confirm the fresh build works flawlessly. Thank you agaiin.

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #244 on: November 08, 2020, 03:20:31 pm »
CSE2 wasn't saving properly so fixed that. Also made it so you could have both the jap & english versions and still be able to differentiate them.

It seems that you cannot move in settings but there isn't a lot of reasons to go in there. I may look into fixing it later.

GodShinobi

« Reply #245 on: December 16, 2020, 03:37:29 pm »
Several new ports as requested by some users :
- Eningma
This is based upon the same GCW0 port that was done by senquack previously, except this time it's playable with just the DPAD.
It runs pretty smooth (although it does take some time to load).

- CSE2.
CSE2 is a recreation of the Cave story engine that was disassembled from the Linux port compiled with debug symbols.
This should not be confused with NXEngine, which is another open source engine for Cave story but that was made from scratch rather than from a disassembly.
This engine should fix some issues with enemy behaviour (the enemies in the forest area should be less difficult to deal with, like the original game) as well as fix the music/sound issues as this creation uses the same music/sound engine from the official game that was recently open sourced.

Both ports can be found in the link in my first post.

I do not quite understand this... I have re-updated & reprofiled it just in case as it works fine on my side.

hello, ive got the same problem with my RG300 IPS and RetroFW 2.2
I can install the new OPK but it wont load GameGear games. Even with the bios file in the folder.
can you link an older version working with rg300 ips RetroFW 2.2? Thank you

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #246 on: December 17, 2020, 01:50:01 pm »
hello, ive got the same problem with my RG300 IPS and RetroFW 2.2
I can install the new OPK but it wont load GameGear games. Even with the bios file in the folder.
can you link an older version working with rg300 ips RetroFW 2.2? Thank you
I think you may have been suffering from this issue :
https://boards.dingoonity.org/retro-game-350rg-350/rg-350-emulatorsgame-ports/msg196461/#msg196461

I have updated it accordingly, please download it here :
https://gitlab.com/gameblabla/gameblabla-releases/-/blob/master/opk/retrofw/smsplus_retrofw.opk
(Make sure to click on the download icon)

GodShinobi

« Reply #247 on: December 19, 2020, 01:12:11 pm »
Thank you so much! Im realy thankful for your time and do this in your spare time!

02k0

« Reply #248 on: February 22, 2021, 04:27:04 pm »
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 02:52:32 am by 02k0 »

Post a new topic