Author Topic: Broken d-pad conductive pad  (Read 313 times)

farleysmaster (OP)

Broken d-pad conductive pad
« on: July 23, 2019, 08:25:34 am »
The down button stopped working on my rs-97, and I've opened it up and that part of the conductive pad has crumbled.

Do I have to order a new one through a taobao agent, or is there an easier tip?

Many thanks!

KING_CHODE

Re: Broken d-pad conductive pad
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2019, 01:25:15 am »
A quick look suggests that the membrane might be the same kind that is used in the cheap usb controllers that come with the RS-07.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33055472093.html

farleysmaster (OP)

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2019, 01:48:14 pm »
Interesting... when you say a quick look, is there an image of the conductive pad anywhere?
(edit: is it judging by those plastic studs in the corners between the d-pad buttons? Because you might be on to something...)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 01:52:56 pm by farleysmaster »

KING_CHODE

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2019, 07:22:19 pm »
I can't find an image of that exact pad from the the usb controller pad anywhere and I don't own one. Steward did a teardown of the machine, but did not look at the controller. You could try asking around in the RS-07 section, as those machines each shipped with 2x of these controllers. (This particular style of USB controller also seems common with cheap famiclones)

I'm pretty sure this is a standard part, or something close to it.

RS90 pad: Pretty sure Jutleys said this fits RS97, but can't find the post right now
RG300 pad: https://steward-fu.github.io/website/handheld/rg300/teardown.htm

I may have seen it other places too but I can't think of them right now... Nicer famiclones?

farleysmaster (OP)

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2019, 01:35:50 pm »
Thanks for all this!

farleysmaster (OP)

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2019, 07:10:49 pm »
The aliexpress pad seems to be working! Not sure if the size is exactly the same, the broken pad from the rs-97 didn't seem to fit into the usb controller, but as far as I can tell, so far so good, and it onnly cost about ?3!

Post a new topic
Post a new topic