Sent my Game Gear for LCD modding to a german guy called McWill and got it back yesterday.
Here's a description of the different video modes...
3.5" LCD mode
1. scaled resolution
2. scaled resolution with retro-style (dark vertical lines)
3. doubled horizontal resolution 320 x 240, vertical scaled
4. same as 3 with retro-style
5. doubled h+v resolution (upper and lower parts are cut off)
6. same as 5 with retro-style
7. native h+v resolution with black border around the picture (no retro-style available, because of the small picture!)
If the 3.5" LCD is on, the VGA connector provides the old RGB_TV (NTSC)
1. VGA picture is scaled to 640 x 480 @ 60 Hz; 2. same as 1 with scanlines
3. VGA picture without scaling, but 2 x or 3x native resolution
4. same as 3 with scanlines
Same in GG and SMS mode
ALL modes selectable by pressing START, FIRE1 and FIRE2 together!
My favorite is LCD mode 4. The picture is only slightly truncated on the side, but scrolling looks great.
It's not the cheapest mod, but worth every penny.
And nothing beats playing games on the original hardware!
His eMail address can be found here...http://atariage.com/forums/topic/233632-lynx-lcd-replacementvga-out-by-mcwill/page-5#entry3178804
And here some pics from my Mickey Mouse session last night...