Author Topic: Classic system collections.  (Read 6334 times)

cruelcynic (OP)

Classic system collections.
« on: October 17, 2012, 09:01:39 pm »
I know some people around here have truly amazing classic collections. I was digging stuff out of my garage and took a picture of my Sega Genesis systems I have. It is not a complete collection but I thought I would share and look forward to seeing what people post.

The Gen1 was the first system that was mine alone and not the family system.

MarkoVj22

Re: Classic system collections.
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 01:00:02 am »
Couldn't resist posting this. The latest addition to the family.  :)
Its immaculate, boxed, and only cost me $50 AU in Japan. I searched for days and had to lug this tank of a machine all the way back to Australia but it was worth it.
I had a 3DO Fz-1 in my backpack the whole time as well  ;D
Emulation devices: X-Box 1, PSP 2000, Galaxy s2

lemmywinks

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 01:03:08 pm »
Not really gaming systems but these are teriffic gadgets - here is my modest collection of PSION palmtop computers. I have always been fascinated with these and other palmtop comupters and PSIONS really are the concept tuned to perfection.

Clockwise from top left we have a Siena, a Model 3, a Series 5 and finally a Series 5MX.

Although the first two are lovely little machines the Series 5 line were amazing. A full desktop environment with true multitasking and a superb OS (PSIONs own Epoc, later it became Simbian) which ran extremely quickly on tiny specs. The slide-out keyboard is best in class and the touchscreen is very responsive.

Here's the Series 5MX with the backlight on and the stylus out:

Hope you like 'em! They can be had pretty cheaply on eBay now.
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, PlayGo, RS-90, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket c/w screen mod, PSP Go
PC:
Medion Erazer, Toshiba Z20t, Dell Mini 9, Psion 5MX
Tons of other old laptops and tablets.....

fredmacking

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 02:53:04 pm »
That neo geo cd is in beautiful condition and for 50 bucks thats a good catch!!!! ....lookin good.

yoshi41

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 04:15:04 pm »
For my classic consoles, I have bought all those Everdrives...

https://www.dragonbox.de/en/18-everdrives

Cool stuff.  8)
Emulator packs and fact sheets for Wiz, Caanoo, Dingoo and Pandora.

skelton

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 04:20:53 pm »
For my classic consoles, I have bought all those Everdrives...

https://www.dragonbox.de/en/18-everdrives

Cool stuff.  8)

amazing man, I am going for the SNES one I think. Cool.
Retired

MightyJAK

• My tumblr
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 03:15:32 pm »
Alright kids, family portrait time:

From left to right, top row: NES (with Famicom converter), Sega CD-X (with Power Base Converter), SCPH-5501 (with GameShark Pro 4.0), SCPH-7501 (with Pro Action Replay), SCPH-101, and a pair of nonworking Dreamcasts.
Bottom row: Panasonic FZ-10 R.E.A.L. 3DO Interactive Multiplayer, Sega Saturn (with Pro Action Replay 4M Plus).

And a moment of silence for our departed family members (stolen, presumed pawned): ColecoVision, SNES, a working Dreamcast with ~6 or so VMUs, and a phat PS2.  :'(
My machines:
GBC,GBA,GBA SP,NDS,NGPC,Panasonic FZ-10 3DO,NES,Sega Nomad,Sega CDX w/Power Base Converter,PS1,PS2,PS3,Saturn,Dreamcast,PC (Win 98, XP, 7),Dingoo A320,Dingoo A330,Gemei A330,LetCool N350JP,PAP-GAMETA,GCW-Zero SE,Kyocera Rise,2DS,GP2X-F100,GPD G7,JXD 100,JXD A1000,JXD A3300,JXD F3000,JXD V5000,JXD S7300B,Hyperkin SupaBoy

Currently playing: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call (2DS)

thorn_1983

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 08:40:31 am »
Here is my current project involving 27mm dvd cases with custom inserts to revive all my cartridges and Cd's without cases.  It's a slow process and I have only done 40 or so games so far but as you can see, it's definitely worth it.

As for my actual console collection you can see in the pictures I also own a unopened model 2 PAL Sega Saturn, a mint condition All-Stars edition SNES, N64 and also a launch release model Game Boy.  All have been shrink wrapped and will hopefully stay with me until the day I die.

My room is only small but suits me just fine.  if my wife gives me my own retro games room, then i am one happy camper.

if you have any questions about the 27mm dvd case project (and yes, they even fit NES carts) just shoot me a message.

cheers dingooers.
So far....
NES, Master System, Lynx, Mega Drive, Mega CD, SNES, 3DO, Playstation, Saturn, N64, PS2, Dreamcast, XBOX, X360, PS3, Wii.....  And best of all... A320.

Dcpmark

• My handheld collection
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2013, 06:19:39 am »
My playable collection is all handhelds:

Devices: Nvidia Shield Portable, PS Vita, 3DS XL, PSP 2000 (hacked), DS Lite (hacked), Dingoo A320, GP2X, GP2X with NGage D-pad mod, GP32 BLU, Gizmondo, NGage, GBA Micro, GBA SP, GBA, Sega Game Gear, Atari Lynx, NEC TurboExpress, Sega Nomad

Dcpmark

• My handheld collection
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2013, 06:21:02 am »
More closeups:

Devices: Nvidia Shield Portable, PS Vita, 3DS XL, PSP 2000 (hacked), DS Lite (hacked), Dingoo A320, GP2X, GP2X with NGage D-pad mod, GP32 BLU, Gizmondo, NGage, GBA Micro, GBA SP, GBA, Sega Game Gear, Atari Lynx, NEC TurboExpress, Sega Nomad

Dcpmark

• My handheld collection
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2013, 06:23:29 am »
Still more closeups:

yoshi41

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2013, 02:54:21 pm »
Very nice display of your handheld collection.  8)
Emulator packs and fact sheets for Wiz, Caanoo, Dingoo and Pandora.

Dcpmark

• My handheld collection
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2013, 04:57:39 pm »
Very nice display of your handheld collection.  8)

Thanks! I try to keep them all charged up just in case I feel like playing one of them.