Author Topic: [Dingoo Essentials] Readme  (Read 19423 times)

blizz (OP)

• #dingoonity
[Dingoo Essentials] Readme
« on: October 17, 2009, 11:26:22 pm »
Welcome to the Dingoonity Essentials lists. :)

What is this?
The Essentials lists are a guide for people who are searching new fun games that they might have missed until now. There will be a list for every gaming system that runs on the Dingoo.
It's basically a list of the most enjoyed games that run on our Dingoos .

Wow, that sounds cool! How does it work?
These games are the essential games of the Dingoonity, so it's all about your votes! Participating is easy, just make a post and name up to 10 of your favorite games. You may also list up to 3 games you absolutely hate, but you don't have to. Games that have more negative points than votes will be annihilated from the list.

Rules
  • There will be one list for every console
  • You may vote for up to 10 games (per console)
  • You may give negative points for up to 3 games (per console)
  • The games should be playable on the Dingoo
  • Mark all games that aren't yet playable on the Dingoo A320
  • The list will be updated in the first post (please note that I can't do it in realtime :))
  • If you want to change your votes create a new post (don't edit your old post!) and list the new games that you vote for. Please also write down if you revoke your vote for one game (10 games max!)

Appendix
  • Games need at least two votes to appear on the list
  • Romhacks are ok if they are fully playable and change at least the story or levels
  • Homebrew that is playable on a Dingoo/Dingux emulator is welcome

Don't discuss the games in these threads! Create your own threads to talk about them!
(It would be too confusing to have discussions between votes)

The Games

Any consoles missing? Just drop me a note ;)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 01:59:24 pm by blizz »

Consequence_9

Re: [Dingoo Essentials] Readme
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 11:03:40 am »
I have a better idea for non-working games, include them on the list but put a strike-through through them so that later when/if they become playable you can just edit the strike-through out =]

Harteex

• * Administrator
    • Harteex Productions
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 06:10:55 pm »
Perhaps set a max number of games in Essential Games List and Recommended Games List. When the number of votes increases, these lists may become very long.

blizz (OP)

• #dingoonity
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 06:22:55 pm »
Perhaps set a max number of games in Essential Games List and Recommended Games List. When the number of votes increases, these lists may become very long.

But what should I do when the max number is reached? Stop taking votes for new games? There might still be some treasures out there...
Perhaps the best would be a spoiler tag (hide the list until you click on it) but that's still missing in this forum.

Harteex

• * Administrator
    • Harteex Productions
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 07:47:59 pm »
Just put those.. say 10? 20? games with most votes on the green list.
Let's say game A is on the green list with the least number of votes... 10 votes.
Game B has 9 votes.
If Game B gets 2 votes and A none, then B gets on the green list and A drops.

Just a suggestion :)

Edit: Although, this isn't really a problem right now, something like this could be considered whenever the lists are so large that it's a problem.

blizz (OP)

• #dingoonity
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 08:05:59 pm »
Let's say game A is on the green list with the least number of votes... 10 votes.
Game B has 9 votes.

Edit: Although, this isn't really a problem right now, something like this could be considered whenever the lists are so large that it's a problem.

Yes... I could do that. The lists are stored in a database with a web frontend to modify the games. Would be no problem to count all games but display only the x best :)
I'll do that when the lists become too long.

joepie91

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 02:05:47 pm »
Also, shouldn't an essential rule for this kind of thread be not to post actual download links to the ROMs?

blizz (OP)

• #dingoonity
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2009, 02:47:57 pm »
Also, shouldn't an essential rule for this kind of thread be not to post actual download links to the ROMs?

That's a global rule on Dingoonity :)
I don't think it needs extra mentioning.

joepie91

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2009, 09:40:13 pm »

That's a global rule on Dingoonity :)
I don't think it needs extra mentioning.
Ah, ok.

I just figured some people might think "oh, we have to post our favourite games" and post a download link or something... on every forum, there are people that don't use their brains :)

trooper

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2009, 03:57:31 am »
I`m not sure if this is important or not, As it is not mentioned in the thread rules up there ^.
But the games that people post as their favourites or most hated, Are they to run on native firmware emulators, Dingux emulators, Or does it not matter ?.

Trooper

blizz (OP)

• #dingoonity
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2009, 12:49:50 pm »
I`m not sure if this is important or not, As it is not mentioned in the thread rules up there ^.
But the games that people post as their favourites or most hated, Are they to run on native firmware emulators, Dingux emulators, Or does it not matter ?.

Trooper

It does not matter which emulator you have to use. You just should be able to enjoy the game on the Dingoo (and mark it otherwise).

Kalisiin

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2009, 09:00:49 am »
OK, then, here's MY ten...

Assuming you only get to vote for a total of ten...not ten for each emulated system...

1. Genesis
Phantasy Star 2

2. NES
Metroid

3. NES
Guardian Legend

4. NES
Final Fantasy

5. NES
Dig Dug

6. NES
Donkey Kong

7. NES
Kid Icarus

8. GBA

9. SNES
Super Buster Bros.

10. SMS
Rampage

trooper

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2009, 09:18:13 am »
OK, then, here's MY ten...

Assuming you only get to vote for a total of ten...not ten for each emulated system...

1. Genesis
Phantasy Star 2

2. NES
Metroid

3. NES
Guardian Legend

4. NES
Final Fantasy

5. NES
Dig Dug

6. NES
Donkey Kong

7. NES
Kid Icarus

8. GBA

9. SNES
Super Buster Bros.

10. SMS
Rampage

Kalisiin,

Not having a pop, But you have posted them in the wrong thread, The links to the threads for each system are in blizz`s first post (up there,at the top ^^^), Under the heading "The Games", And yes, You can choose up to ten of your favorite games for each system, And up to 3 of your most hated games for each system. But you have to post them in the correct thread for each system.

Trooper

blizz (OP)

• #dingoonity
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2009, 02:02:21 pm »
Game B has 9 votes.

Yes... I could do that. The lists are stored in a database with a web frontend to modify the games. Would be no problem to count all games but display only the x best :)
I'll do that when the lists become too long.

Fom now on all games need at least two votes to appear on the list. Don't worry if your game disappeared from the list, it's still in the database :)

Kalisiin

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2009, 08:33:40 am »
Trooper...my bad, I misunderstood.

This will take a bit more work and time, then.

My apologies.