Author Topic: Wargus (Warcraft I and II) setup?  (Read 711 times)

cataphoresis (OP)

Wargus (Warcraft I and II) setup?
« on: February 24, 2020, 08:48:05 pm »
So in browsing https://rs97.bitgala.xyz/RG-350/localpack/extra_games/ I see war1gus.opk, war2gus.opk, and starcraft.opk - has anybody been able to figure out how to set these up?

I know that War1gus and War2gus are ports of Stratagus https://github.com/Wargus/Stratagus to run Warcraft 1 and 2, respectively, in the open source Stratagus engine. I've gotten the PC versions to download and run based off the installers at github, and each basically creates a folder dump (1400+ files) - but I don't see any documentation about these .opk files to tell me where to put the data! I tried /media/data/local/home/.war1gus (internal SD) and no dice, as well as /media/data/local/home/.local/share/.war1gus

Anybody either know who made these opks or have any documentation on them? Google hasn't lead me anywhere.

Nikojiro

Re: Wargus (Warcraft I and II) setup?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2020, 12:24:42 pm »
Hi, I'd be interested to know too.

cataphoresis (OP)

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2020, 01:37:20 am »
So I took the dive and mounted the war1gus.opk file in Linux as a squashfs image...and from the looks of the contents, the entire wargus/stratagus package - the engine, the assets, etc - are already included in the opk.

Not sure why it crashes when it runs. I turned on logging via the gmenu32 and /var/logs/gmenu2x.log shows:

Code: [Select]
Stratagus default config file loading ...

... ready!

Stratagus v2.4.2-git607fe40ef10b856d1c5c81479b4c110de71ac7f6, Copyright (c) 1998
-2015 by The Stratagus Project
  written by Lutz Sammer, Fabrice Rossi, Vladi Shabanski, Patrice Fortier,
  Jon Gabrielson, Andreas Arens, Nehal Mistry, Jimmy Salmon, Pali Rohar,
  cybermind and others.
        https://github.com/Wargus/stratagus
Compile options ZLIB LINUX X11

Stratagus may be copied only under the terms of the GNU General Public License
which may be found in the Stratagus source kit.

DISCLAIMER:
This software is provided as-is.  The author(s) can not be held liable for any
damage that might arise from the use of this software.
Use it at your own risk.

...so not too useful.

Editing the gmenu for the game (hover over, Select -> Edit -> Display Console to 'ON') it'll display the console as it loads and just shows the same message and then crashes.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 01:58:35 am by cataphoresis »

datadragon

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2020, 02:49:19 am »
War1gus is a re-implementation of "Warcraft: Orcs & Humans" that allows you to play Warcraft with the Stratagus engine. The game uses graphics and sounds from the original Warcraft, but improves the gameplay mechanisms with many modern conveniences that the Stratagus engine allows, such as modern mouse controls, named groups, larger group selection, more player factions in multiplayer games, a map editor, and multiple towns.

I used RG350, stock 1.51 firmware. The game loaded ok. POWER+B turned on the analog stick, then I could use the right analog stick to move it around to different menu options. L2 seemed to select the menu choice I was pointing to. In the options section I could change the setting to modify using L1 then pressing L2. I was able to start a game. I could select single player game, L2. Solo Game, L2. Start Game. L2 and the game started. In the game I could select the character, press L2 and then point to where to go and move with R2. It seemed when I moved the cursor far up or left it went to a black screen ending my play. That was as far as I got. Text when viewed on the device is very tiny.

After unpacking it appeared to contain the game already, not sure if its full or shareware so I didnt try to rip my warcraft with the pc version. Here is the script it runs which uses the included /WarCraft/data. After playing there is no .stratagus directory under home and ran without adding anything but the opk and running it.

#!/bin/sh
mypath=$(dirname "$0")

cd $mypath
rm -rf "/media/data/local/home/.stratagus"
ln -s "/mnt/WarCraft/data" "/media/data/local/home/.stratagus"
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=libs ./war1gus
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 01:39:48 pm by datadragon »

cataphoresis (OP)

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2020, 04:35:59 pm »
Tried the same and no dice on Rogue 1.7.9.6, just boots you back to the menu after running the OPK

Post a new topic