Author Topic: Vice 3.4 SDL2  (Read 799 times)

Shanti777 (OP)

Vice 3.4 SDL2
« on: February 13, 2020, 09:32:41 pm »
I compile Vice 3.4, but I don't make .opk file. You must make link to "sdlvice.sh" (SELECT in menu).

https://atariage.com/forums/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=701483

SeongGino

• Twitter!
Re: Vice 3.4 SDL2
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 03:13:02 pm »
Hi!

Disregard everything originally posted. I forgot to re-add pointing to the correct configuration rather than loading defaults.

It works now. I'll post a package in a bit after I've figured stuff out.

But still, please post a source repo! The last VICE version we had was an undocumented mess.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 03:27:34 pm by SeongGino »
It's just your average Seong.

Please contribute to the (un)official Dingux repository, to protect the life cycle of our favorite handheld platform! https://github.com/SeongGino/RetroGame350-AppRepo

SeongGino

• Twitter!
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2020, 04:42:25 pm »
I repackaged your VICE build with the necessary fixes for invoking autostart arguments. Also updated the configuration with new mappings and pointing to the `~/.vice/` directory for both the main config file and hotkey mappings (so now Virtual Keyboard can be toggled and saved appropriately, among other things).

The startup script will check for `~/.vice/sdl-vicerc` and `~/.vice/sdl-hotkeys-C64.vkm` every boot, creating the directory and copying the bundled files from the package if not found. Then it loads the configuration from said home subdirectory.

Added my crappy icon for prettiness' sake.

Added a short manual (credits to you [Shanti777] for main work) with the updated bindings as listed below:
Code: [Select]
-------------------------------------------
 Joystick | Function
D-Pad   | C64 Joystick2, menu navigation
Button A  | C64 Joystick2 Fire, menu accept
Button B  | Menu back
Button X  | C64 Spacebar
Button Y  | ?
Button L  | ?
Button R  | C64 Backspace
Start   | C64 Enter, map function hotkeys
Select   | Toggle virtual keyboard
A-stick   | Unused, menu navigation
Power/IO  | Toggle Menu

Download is up on my repo.

Please contribute to the (un)official Dingux repository, to protect the life cycle of our favorite handheld platform! https://github.com/SeongGino/RetroGame350-AppRepo

xs4all

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2020, 02:07:02 pm »
There seems to be an issue with this latest repack, no settings gets saved.

Yes I can see the ".vice" folder with the following files.

sdl-hotkey-C64.vkm
sdl-joymap-C64.vjm
sdl-vicerc

When VICE is next started, the settings that I saved previously does not get loaded.

If I try to manually point to the save file, VICE does not see the ".vice" folder.

As a work around, I have created a new "vice" folder in the home directory and copy the above 3 files to this folder, I can now manually navigate to this new folder within VICE to manually save or load the config files.
Not ideal but a work around, also the "SELECT" button does not bring up the Virtual Keyboard.

Using the Virtual Keyboard, I have mapped the L button to F1 and R button to F3 by pressing the START button, this also doesn't get saved anywhere? As a work around, I made a copy of the "sdl-hotkey-C64.vkm" file and renamed it to "sdl-keymap-C64.vkm" and saved it to the "vice" folder I created. First I need to go to Settings management => Active keymap => change to "Symbolic (user)" option, then map the F1/F3 to L/R. Then select "Save current keymap to" option and navigate to the "sdl-hotkey-C64.vkm" file that I have created.

So every time I boot up VICE, if I want to use my previous saved settings I have to go to Settings management options and manually:
- Load Settings from => "/vice/sdl-vicerc"
- Load Symbolic user keymap => "/vice/sdl-keymap-C64.vkm"

Happens to both my devices:
RG-350 (Stock FW)
PG2 (Stock and Rogue v1.0.4)

UPDATE:
Didn't realise there is an updated OPK version soon after this was released. Saving issue has been fixed, however the Virtual Keyboard mapping still doesn't seem to be saved. Have been advised that Virtual Keyboard mapping don't and not meant to save.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 03:16:44 pm by xs4all »

SeongGino

• Twitter!
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2020, 05:43:28 pm »
As a continuation of the above, there *is* a method of saving and loading customized keymaps (using the [Symbolic (User)] keymapping option); however, the method of automatically saving/loading this file upon entry/exit is unknown at the moment. The original documentation likely has better leads to the solution (as I so often tend to overlook when doing these quality-of-life updates).

This is under investigation. Please hold.