Author Topic: Terrible audio lag in XMAME?  (Read 539 times)

DaveC1964 (OP)

Terrible audio lag in XMAME?
« on: April 20, 2020, 04:30:34 pm »
While using XMAME  I am getting a 1/2 to1 second audio delay in any game, even old ones like Galaga.  Am I doing something wrong or is there a setting somewhere to get rid of the delay?

eltehero

Re: Terrible audio lag in XMAME?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2020, 06:14:10 am »
While using XMAME  I am getting a 1/2 to1 second audio delay in any game, even old ones like Galaga.  Am I doing something wrong or is there a setting somewhere to get rid of the delay?

Id like to know as well as mame is the main reason why I have ordered the device.

Try asking at the RG350 discord and RG350 reddit. There are very good RG350 communities there.

Unfortunately this forum isn't as strong for the RG350 mame as it was for the gcw zero and those days are long gone.

We have been waiting for xmame 2.0 by slaanesh for years but there is no sign of it sadly and he has been very quiet recently, hope he is ok
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 06:21:29 am by eltehero »

Xaijiqq

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2020, 11:11:48 am »
been using my new rg350 for over a week.  i'm not noticing any performance/audio lag issues with xmame over the gcw everything seems to work like it should. 

the gambatte that was preinstalled had some sort of really bad screen tear problem.  so maybe try reinstalling this v1.3 version  http://www.slaanesh.net/2014/12/xmame-v10-for-gcw-zero.html

DaveC1964 (OP)

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2020, 03:45:14 am »
been using my new rg350 for over a week.  i'm not noticing any performance/audio lag issues with xmame over the gcw everything seems to work like it should. 

the gambatte that was preinstalled had some sort of really bad screen tear problem.  so maybe try reinstalling this v1.3 version  http://www.slaanesh.net/2014/12/xmame-v10-for-gcw-zero.html
It is there, you just don't notice it. If you try Galaga for example shoot and watch how far the shot goes before you hear the sound, also when a shot connects with an enemy you see the explosion animation before you hear the sound.  Try the same game in MAME4all, it doesn't have this issue.  The reason to use XMAME at all is just because it supports the second analog for use in Robotron and the like.   MAME4All doesn't support the second stick.

eltehero

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2020, 04:31:20 am »

Are these audio delays present using xmame on the gcw zero?

DaveC1964 (OP)

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2020, 02:11:36 pm »

Are these audio delays present using xmame on the gcw zero?

Not sure, I don't have one of those.

Post a new topic