Author Topic: ScummVM issue with DOTT  (Read 737 times)

ShrekDTH (OP)

ScummVM issue with DOTT
« on: December 15, 2019, 05:50:07 pm »
Hey Guy's, this is SHrekDTH ;)

did someone have also problems to run day of the tentacle? If i try to run the game, scummvm crashes. I try two versions of scumm (1.6.0 and 2.1.0). On version 2.1.0 i can't even import the game folder. If i try it, scummvm 2.1.0 crashes immediately.

greatings from germany
ShrekDTH

P.S.: Great community!

Edit: I tested several other games like Indy 4 or Sam n Max, and all of them don't run and crashes on startup. It is like older games won't run.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 08:04:19 pm by ShrekDTH »

_-Caleb-_

• Profile in GP32Spain
Re: ScummVM issue with DOTT
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2019, 05:05:06 am »
I had problems with the dig, using another versi?n all works fine, im playing dott (spanish) atm without problems :)

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 6 Pro mediante Tapatalk

- Nullum Gratuitum Prandium -
RG350 user

Stouffa

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2019, 03:29:52 pm »
I was having a very similar issue, but the way I found to get around those issues so far was
1. DOTT seems very particular in the files required for running on ScummVM. Only the files listed in the ScummVM wiki for that game must be present, otherwise it'll crash on adding the game. Originally I had the unwanted files backed up in a subfolder there, so I could add the game fine, but it would crash on startup. Removing that folder fixed that at least.
2. I had a similar issue with the other games not working, I had to delete the files in the .scummvm subdirectory , re-add all the games and they work fine now
3. I wasn't aware of it, but it does work rather well in ScummVM in particular is the mouse mode (Power button and B simultaneously). Mouse movement is then on the right stick and L2 and R2 are the mouse buttons.

Hope this helps!

LJSilver

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2019, 05:12:33 am »
1.5.1 firmware for me, and some SCUMMVM games where among the top things I really wanted to get working, well, in my case I found out that some games would crash on launch with default settings, issues are (in my experience at least) all audio related, had to change the default audio and midi settings (select a game and click options from main SCUMMVM menu), unfortunately have already repackaged and wrapped the RG350 to give it as Christmas gift so can't access it to tell the exact audio config but there aren't many options.
I was able to get running perfectly (with audio/music):
- Monkey Island 1 and 2
- Indiana Jones and The Fate Of Atlantis
- Sam and Max
- Day Of The Tentacle
Haven't tried any other as those where the ones I really cared for :)

Specifically, I got crashes on launch with Monkey Island 2 and Indiana Jones while Monkey Island 1 would work with default settings (Sam and max and Day of the tentacle where tested only after the audio "fix" thing, so don't know if they would have crashed for me).

Post a new topic