Author Topic: screenshotnnn.png by power + X created but size zero issue  (Read 365 times)

emuashui (OP)

screenshotnnn.png by power + X created but size zero issue
« on: March 17, 2020, 10:22:04 pm »
Got RG350 in Mar2020, still stock unflashed,
tried taking screenshot by pressing power button and X button together,
somewhere a file screenshotnnn.png was created but with size zero, ie. screen capture failed.

Older RG350 users seem find no problem taking screenshots.
Any help much appreciated

datadragon

Re: screenshotnnn.png by power + X created but size zero issue
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 01:18:15 am »
Screenshots are saved in /media/data/local/home/screenshots. You can copy them to the pc or use the built in image viewers like the new dingux commander (glebm form) click on file - iview. https://github.com/SeongGino/RetroGame350-AppRepo or open 2x iv which was included on my RG350 https://boards.dingoonity.org/gcw-development/o2xiv-open2x-image-viewer-port-for-gcw-zero/msg101395/

Under settings, if pressing system info gives a date earlier than Oct 27, you can also try upgrading the software to 1.51 also found in the first link.

emuashui (OP)

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2020, 05:32:40 am »
1. unfortunately the file size of the created pngs is zero, ie. screenshot was not successful, there is no further need of copying them to pc.

2. system info gives a date later then 27 Oct.  i bought it recently, in Mar2020.
... can i flash an earlier version of stock firmware or only kernel of earlier version?

« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 05:35:19 am by emuashui »

rafavico

• Videogames by Rafa Vico
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2020, 09:11:02 am »
I think if the emulator screen is not 320x240 the screenshot can't be created. Can you try a standard game?

emuashui (OP)

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2020, 01:29:08 pm »
rafavico, i tried briefly with 2 firmwares,

1. my stock firmware:  Kernel version 3.12.0-dingux+ ( Compiled on Oct 27 2019 ) ,
FCEUX : screenshot successful
GBA : screenshot unsuccessful
GUI (not emulator) : screenshot unsuccessful .

2. flashed ROGUE firmware,
FCEUX : screenshot successful
GBA : screenshot ** successful **
GUI (not emulator) : screenshot ** successful ** .

So you are right, i guess the 320x240 limits taking screenshots in GBA ** my stock firmware (?) ** .
But ROGUE firmware is successful in taking screenshots in GUI, unlike my current stock firmware.

...what if i flash   an older stock kernel , as some told me their stock RG350s older than mine can take screenshots normally.  I am not sure if a simply kernel change will work or not though.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 02:20:24 pm by emuashui »

datadragon

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2020, 02:16:23 pm »
My stock firmware 3.12.0-dingux+ 10/27
Screenshot from gmenu2x saved ok.   Card I use: Samsung 256gb EVO Select

emuashui (OP)

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2020, 02:50:58 pm »
datadragon,

Thanks, so your stock firmware 3.12.0-dingux+ 10/27 is the same as mine, and your taking screenshots at GUI are successful.  (so no need to change to other stock version, i guess. )

And you mentioned you use another internal sdcard, not the original (toshxxxa ?) one which i am still using.

While testing screenshots in my stock firmware i found another issue, right after taking a screenshot (even with size=0 ) the RG350 restarts itself, 3 out of 5 times !   Would it be insufficient power that not only fails the screenshots but also leads to forced console restart?

Well at least, the other ROGUE firmware has no problems taking screenshots, a workaround.  Thanks.

datadragon

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2020, 02:45:23 am »
datadragon,

Thanks, so your stock firmware 3.12.0-dingux+ 10/27 is the same as mine, and your taking screenshots at GUI are successful.  (so no need to change to other stock version, i guess. )

And you mentioned you use another internal sdcard, not the original (toshxxxa ?) one which i am still using.

While testing screenshots in my stock firmware i found another issue, right after taking a screenshot (even with size=0 ) the RG350 restarts itself, 3 out of 5 times !   Would it be insufficient power that not only fails the screenshots but also leads to forced console restart?

Well at least, the other ROGUE firmware has no problems taking screenshots, a workaround.  Thanks.

Yes same stock firmware no problem with gui screenshot. I also have the original sd card with 1.51 and that also saved screenshot in gui fine so its not the sd card.  It sounds like maybe to reflash a new 1.51 rather than from an update opk, maybe its corrupted somehow, and if working slowly copying the opks back if not included in the reflashed image. Or can try rogue. 

emuashui (OP)

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2020, 08:25:32 am »
Yes same stock firmware no problem with gui screenshot. I also have the original sd card with 1.51 and that also saved screenshot in gui fine so its not the sd card.  It sounds like maybe to reflash a new 1.51 rather than from an update opk, maybe its corrupted somehow, and if working slowly copying the opks back if not included in the reflashed image. Or can try rogue.

Yes, the ROGUE firmware has no problems taking screenshots.

Although forced console restart was also met: 
while testing screenshots in ROGUE , i found that issue, right after taking a screenshot the RG350 restarts itself,
3 out of 5 times !   
(After the console restarts a few times, about 10 minutes later after first switching on the console),
the forced restart caused by right after taking screenshots using power + X seems gone.

... would it be insufficient power (in the first 10 minutes) that not only may fail the screenshots but also leads to forced console restart?

« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 08:28:12 am by emuashui »

Post a new topic