Author Topic: Screen now bad  (Read 16640 times)

Nicofilms

Re: Screen now bad
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2020, 12:06:00 am »
good screen replacement for rg350 here...
it works perfectly well. Fairly better than factory screen.,.

https://m.es.aliexpress.com/item/4000318225148.html

davidgilmour

« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2020, 12:10:56 am »

dont say that just yet, you still need to use the GDK350H first

Which is probably made in the same factory by the same people with the same lack of any QA/QC prior to drop-shipping it to the user.
I'm waiting for the Odroid-Go Advance to come out since that will be made in South Korea which tends to have higher levels of QA/QC done in their factories.

the caanoo I used to have was a Korean device and was really well built
Yes, but even that one had some screen troubles (the bezel was fitted wrong)
just like the OLED Wiz ( failure after a while)  And the first PSvita too (black oled spots)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 12:14:13 am by davidgilmour »

iball (OP)

« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2020, 07:10:05 pm »
UPDATE:  Replacement RG350 was shipped and I just received it and swapped in a fresh 64GB card with the latest Rogue firmware on it and everything seems fine so far. 

Only time will tell if this one lasts any longer than the previous one.

Recce

« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2020, 09:35:29 am »

Which is probably made in the same factory by the same people with the same lack of any QA/QC prior to drop-shipping it to the user.
I'm waiting for the Odroid-Go Advance to come out since that will be made in South Korea which tends to have higher levels of QA/QC done in their factories.

just like the OLED Wiz ( failure after a while)  And the first PSvita too (black oled spots)

I've ordered the Odroid Go Advance in early Feb and yesterday was told they have to wait till May or Jun to get new stocks. I don't feel comfortable having money deducted from my credit card and then wait 3 to 4 months for it to deliver, so asked them to cancel the order.

Could be a blessing in disguise as I saw at the Odriod forum all the assembly problems users have encountered. Looks like it is no better than China made ones and may even be worse since any damage you made during assembly is your fault. I can now see why they sell it in kit form, lesser liability.

I'm now looking at alternatives such as the Powkiddy X18 or A19.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 11:13:31 am by Recce »

iball (OP)

« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2020, 10:36:47 pm »

I've ordered the Odroid Go Advance in early Feb and yesterday was told they have to wait till May or Jun to get new stocks. I don't feel comfortable having money deducted from my credit card and then wait 3 to 4 months for it to deliver, so asked them to cancel the order.

Could be a blessing in disguise as I saw at the Odriod forum all the assembly problems users have encountered. Looks like it is no better than China made ones and may even be worse since any damage you made during assembly is your fault. I can now see why they sell it in kit form, lesser liability.

I had zero issues putting together my Odroid Go Advance, probably because I followed the instructions.

Recce

« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2020, 03:28:36 am »

I had zero issues putting together my Odroid Go Advance, probably because I followed the instructions.

I've been monitoring the Odroid forum for past 2 months, it doesn't look like user's fault. For example a couple of the users had the delivered PCB without the shoulder button soldered on, i.e. only the solder pads but no button there. Another few users found that the clips holding the LCD screen is way too tight, difficult to snap in. And although there are quite a few options when it comes to the OS image, all of them have various issues here and there. If only the developers can band together and concentrate on 1 distro build and get it right out of the box, instead of building their own versions of OSes, the situation might be better.

Go over there and take a look, and read the user's feedback, you will be well informed.

MaddieLurker

« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2020, 05:02:43 pm »
UPDATE:  Replacement RG350 was shipped and I just received it and swapped in a fresh 64GB card with the latest Rogue firmware on it and everything seems fine so far. 

Did you open it to see if this unit also had sloppy soldering on the board? I ordered mine just yesterday and I'm hoping they are taking users' feedback into consideration with these new batches.

iball (OP)

« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2020, 02:51:45 am »

Did you open it to see if this unit also had sloppy soldering on the board? I ordered mine just yesterday and I'm hoping they are taking users' feedback into consideration with these new batches.

Yes, the new one shipped to me had the same cold solder joints on the board. 
They aren't doing any QA/QC on these things at the factory.

eltehero

« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2020, 08:04:39 am »

@iball, Is the screen on your replacement unit still ok? I am seriously considering getting an RG350 as suitable replacement device for my gcw zero as it seems to be the best option atm at a decent price. I do not want a pocketgo 2 because of hardware issues reported by some users even though it looks very similar to the gcw zero.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 08:46:56 am by eltehero »

iball (OP)

« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2020, 06:20:30 am »

@iball, Is the screen on your replacement unit still ok? I am seriously considering getting an RG350 as suitable replacement device for my gcw zero as it seems to be the best option atm at a decent price. I do not want a pocketgo 2 because of hardware issues reported by some users even though it looks very similar to the gcw zero.
So far it's still good, but I'm not holding out any hope it will last as long as my GCW-Zero has.

Post a new topic