Author Topic: Screen now bad  (Read 16481 times)

iball (OP)

Re: Screen now bad
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2019, 06:43:48 pm »
another one bites the dust....faulty screen reported by an user of telegram rg 350 spanish forums...directly faulty from factory shopped at retromimi.com

here the video proof...

https://t.me/rg350spain/18133
That makes, what?  4 now?

Nicofilms

« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2019, 11:22:45 am »
another one bites the dust....faulty screen reported by an user of telegram rg 350 spanish forums...directly faulty from factory shopped at retromimi.com

here the video proof...

https://t.me/rg350spain/18133
That makes, what?  4 now?

plus another one here...

https://t.me/rg350spain/18398

iball (OP)

« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2020, 07:17:37 pm »
UPDATE:  So they sent me a cheap, unbranded micro-SD card instead of an actual RG350 replacement.
And of course this "new" micro-SD doesn't fix the bad screen problem.
I've emailed them once again to ask why they didn't bother to read any of the emails I sent them when I said I tried *better* micro-SD cards than the ones they ship in the RG350 and the screen is still bad.

I've got a Pocket Go 2 on the way but after that, I'm done with Chinesium handhelds until these manufacturers get their shit together when it comes to QA/QC. 
Got an Odroid Go Advance on pre-order but since that's made in South Korea it's going to actually have some decent QA/QC done on it and probably not have screens that go bad in a few weeks, cold solder joints everywhere, flux left on the board, etc.

So remember folks, a handheld "Made in China" from a company that doesn't already have a reputation for quality is a complete gamble.

eltehero

« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2020, 07:26:18 pm »
Well I'm shocked. Anbernic do have experience in producing solid handhelds and the RG350 is seen by many as one of the best if not the best retro handheld of last year. They also made the Retrogame 300 which is probably the best JZ4760B device so these screen problems are disappointing from the company.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 07:31:54 pm by eltehero »

iball (OP)

« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2020, 07:39:14 pm »
Well I'm shocked. Anbernic do have experience in producing solid handhelds
No, they don't.  Take the cover off your RG350 or RG300 and look at the mainboard.  You'll find cold solder joints all over.

eltehero

« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2020, 07:44:03 pm »
No, they don't.  Take the cover off your RG350 or RG300 and look at the mainboard.  You'll find cold solder joints all over.

Oh, Ok I have never seen the insides of the devices
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 07:48:08 pm by eltehero »

iball (OP)

« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2020, 07:48:19 pm »

Oh, Ok I didn't know.
That's OK, most people don't.  I now consider every RG350 sold to be a ticking time bomb just waiting to die.
I've emailed them again to just refund me the money since I'm kind of done dealing with them ever again.

eltehero

« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2020, 07:53:33 pm »

Oh, Ok I didn't know.
That's OK, most people don't.  I now consider every RG350 sold to be a ticking time bomb just waiting to die.
I've emailed them again to just refund me the money since I'm kind of done dealing with them ever again.

Hope it goes well and you get refunded

goodfodder

« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2020, 12:33:53 am »

Oh, Ok I didn't know.

Hope it goes well and you get refunded

Ive had no issues and the unit has been on a round the world trip with me.
To me the photos look like a typical ribbon cable connection problem, have people tried to reseat it?
Have people been playing with full brightness?

iball (OP)

« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2020, 12:40:12 am »
To me the photos look like a typical ribbon cable connection problem, have people tried to reseat it?
I've re-seated the ribbon cable, no change.
Tried different micro-SD cards, no change. 
They just shipped one with a bad screen and now no longer reply to my emails about it after sending me a cheap, unbranded micro-SD that doesn't even work - the unit won't even boot with it. 
Done with Anbernic, done with retromimi, done with Chinesium handhelds, period, because they perform absolutely no QA/QC on anything. 
The factory makes it, boxes it up, ships it directly to the user who ordered one.
Any emails or website proclaiming that they "inspect" or "test" them prior to shipping is lying in order to cover a possible manufacturing delay.
Sure, you might get one that will last but the odds are against it lasting a long time. 
Certainly not as long as my GCW-Zero has lasted, definitely not as long as a PS Vita.

ace9094

« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2020, 02:34:17 am »
They just shipped one with a bad screen and now no longer reply to my emails about it after sending me a cheap, unbranded micro-SD that doesn't even work - the unit won't even boot with it. 
Done with Anbernic, done with retromimi, done with Chinesium handhelds, period, because they perform absolutely no QA/QC on anything. 
The factory makes it, boxes it up, ships it directly to the user who ordered one.
Any emails or website proclaiming that they "inspect" or "test" them prior to shipping is lying in order to cover a possible manufacturing delay.
Sure, you might get one that will last but the odds are against it lasting a long time. 
Certainly not as long as my GCW-Zero has lasted, definitely not as long as a PS Vita.

I feel your pain, but I have an A320 still going after almost 10 years...  I had 2 RG-350's from Retromimi, my grey unit perfect, but on the Black and Orange unit the IPS screen is not seated correctly... I opened the unit and the the case is moulded out of shape so I have massive light leak... I also had an RS-90 with a loose Micro USB :( port....
Dingoo A320, GCW0, RS-97 x2, Revo-K101, RS-90, PSP, GameGadget, New 3DS 128GB, PS Vita 200GB, RS-45, Gamebox Advance and a few other obscure devices

iball (OP)

« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2020, 11:24:49 pm »
UPDATE:  They finally got back to me and have implied they're going to send out a replacement unit.
As soon as I get it, I'm going to inspect it to see if there's been any actual increase in the QA/QC they perform on these things.

a330boy

« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2020, 12:17:14 am »
I think the vendor were I bought mine tested my unit. There were no roms, but I found a lot of saved games and save states that weren't mine.

Nicofilms

« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2020, 05:07:50 pm »
UPDATE:  They finally got back to me and have implied they're going to send out a replacement unit.
As soon as I get it, I'm going to inspect it to see if there's been any actual increase in the QA/QC they perform on these things.

Didnt they asked you to air mail them the faulty one prior to send you back the replacement unit?
weird...

iball (OP)

« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2020, 05:50:09 pm »

Didnt they asked you to air mail them the faulty one prior to send you back the replacement unit?
weird...
Nope.  Of course I emailed them a pic of the bad screen. 
They're probably already aware the screen they're using or the way they've installed it has a high failure rate.

Nicofilms

« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2020, 06:21:06 pm »
you tell me... i repaired my unit with a replacement screen...no patience to argue with this people...

iball (OP)

« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2020, 06:42:47 pm »
you tell me... i repaired my unit with a replacement screen...no patience to argue with this people...
I hear you.  Can you link me to a good replacement screen in case it happens again?

eltehero

« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2020, 06:53:40 pm »

dont give up on chinese retro handelds just yet, you still need to use the GDK350H first
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 06:55:19 pm by eltehero »

iball (OP)

« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2020, 06:55:38 pm »

dont say that just yet, you still need to use the GDK350H first

Which is probably made in the same factory by the same people with the same lack of any QA/QC prior to drop-shipping it to the user.
I'm waiting for the Odroid-Go Advance to come out since that will be made in South Korea which tends to have higher levels of QA/QC done in their factories.

eltehero

« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2020, 07:02:14 pm »

dont say that just yet, you still need to use the GDK350H first

Which is probably made in the same factory by the same people with the same lack of any QA/QC prior to drop-shipping it to the user.
I'm waiting for the Odroid-Go Advance to come out since that will be made in South Korea which tends to have higher levels of QA/QC done in their factories.

the caanoo I used to have was a Korean device and was really well built

Post a new topic